HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chimera & Streit to Boston

Old
03-04-2013, 08:26 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

vCash: 500
Chimera & Streit to Boston

I think these are two good players for the Bruins to target to improve their power play, and bottom six. What would Washington & New York need back for them??

I know Chimera is a on a good contract, and signed for one more year so his value might be higher than a usual rental.

Bruins have lots of cap space available this year; so acquiring either wouldn't hurt. And Chimera could easily be retained next year at his cap hit I think as well.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
I think these are two good players for the Bruins to target to improve their power play, and bottom six. What would Washington & New York need back for them??

I know Chimera is a on a good contract, and signed for one more year so his value might be higher than a usual rental.

Bruins have lots of cap space available this year; so acquiring either wouldn't hurt. And Chimera could easily be retained next year at his cap hit I think as well.
Streit and the isles are in extension talks.

He wants 3 yrs/$10m and sounds confident a deal gets done.

If talks fall apart and he's shopped, I expect Snow will ask teams for a late first.

The salary cap's going down, so he's a more attractive option then JayBo who's due $6.5m next season. Streit's also a more attractive option then Whitney, who's chronic ankle injury has limited his mobility.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post

The NYI need scorers

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:51 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Bruins have two decent scoring prospects in Spooner & Khokhlachev; but I doubt either get moved for a rental. I think the late first would work for Streit (assuming contract talks break down).

Any thoughts from Washington fans on what it would take to get Chimera??

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

If the Caps are indeed selling at the deadline, it would probably take a 2013 2nd or decent prospect to obtain Chimera.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote