HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary and Pittsburgh

Old
03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Lets Break this down:

Iginla for 1st + Pouliot + Kennedy (Flames can get a better offer somewhere else, but this isn't awful).

Glenx for Jeffery (Awful, go away.)

Babcuhk for 0 (Hes probably worth a late pick.)

Terrible overall.
You would be hard-pressed to get a better package than a 1st rounder + Pouliot (+Another roster player) for Iginla. I personally have no interest in trading Pouliot so the deal is a no go from me anyway.

With that said, as for the OP, terrible for the Flames. I'm sure they can get another 1st for Glencross alone, along with a roster player coming back. The guy just had too good of a contract for his production.

Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
He is easily worth a 1st, so unless you value those prospects as higher than a first I don't see why it's shocking. I could understand Despres because he is a roster player but the other two are pretty run of the mill 1st rounders in my opinion (yes I know Pouliot was a top 10 pick).
Because Pouliot is the only true PP QB the Pens have in the system, even with all of those D prospects. Also, I didn't say I'd be shocked to see them traded, I said I'd be shocked to see them traded for Tanguay.

And since the Pens will likely be picking after #20 this year and hopefully for the foreseeable future, yes, I do value Pouliot higher than a 1st.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
You would be hard-pressed to get a better package than a 1st rounder + Pouliot (+Another roster player) for Iginla. I personally have no interest in trading Pouliot so the deal is a no go from me anyway.
Ya, I'm not sure why anyone thinks there is going to be a huge difference between theoretically what the Pens or any other playoff team would offer.

The first round pick will be low, regardless of if it is the Pens, Bruins, etc.

I can't see a playoff team giving up a major roster player either.

No matter who gets Iggy it will be most likely a low 1st + high end prospect + decent roster player.

I also seriously doubt another team will offer up a better prospect than Pouliot (and I can't see Shero doing that) for a rental.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yea and Corsby was only a 37 point player last year he couldn't have been worth that much.
*Crosby had 37 points in 22 games.

In the last 5 seasons Tanguay has:

49 pts 64 GP
69 pts 79 GP
37 pts 80 GP
41 pts 50 GP
58 pts 79 GP

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
*Crosby had 37 points in 22 games.

In the last 5 seasons Tanguay has:

49 pts 64 GP
69 pts 79 GP
37 pts 80 GP
41 pts 50 GP
58 pts 79 GP
So games played do matter funny why won't OCPenguin include that?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
wej20

Quote:
Yea and Corsby was only a 37 point player last year he couldn't have been worth that much.
Are Pens moving Crosby any time soon?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
I never said that Iginla = Pronger, but if Pronger at the same age is worth 2 1st + Lupul more than Iginla then you have to get your head checked.
I'm talking about how stud D-man will ALWAYS fetch more in a trade than a winger... let alone you comparing the trade of a HHoF D man like Pronger.

If you don't know this or see why stud D-men (let alone generational talent like Pronger) will always fetch a bigger return... then I just can't help you.

ObsessedCreative is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:06 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
I'm talking about how stud D-man will ALWAYS fetch more in a trade than a winger... let alone you comparing the trade of a HHoF D man like Pronger.

If you don't know this or see why stud D-men (let alone generational talent like Pronger) will always fetch a bigger return... then I just can't help you.
Again I agree Pronger is worth more my point was to show that Iginla being worth only a first or a prospect is a foolish value to put on it as all other top line rentals have been more and a top D man at the same age still had an amazing return, while I agree Iginla is worth less it is not so much so that Pronger is worth 2 1sts + Lupul more.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Again I agree Pronger is worth more my point was to show that Iginla being worth only a first or a prospect is a foolish value to put on it as all other top line rentals have been more and a top D man at the same age still had an amazing return, while I agree Iginla is worth less it is not so much so that Pronger is worth 2 1sts + Lupul more.
As a Flames fan what do you think Iginla will return, should a trade happen?

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Ugh... JESUSSSSSSS

Old
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
As a Flames fan what do you think Iginla will return, should a trade happen?
Maatta + 1st if Pitts wants to clear a contract + Kennedy.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:12 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post

With that said, as for the OP, terrible for the Flames. I'm sure they can get another 1st for Glencross alone, along with a roster player coming back. The guy just had too good of a contract for his production.
Considering Kennedy is a capdump, and his been useless all year its really not that great. Im not very high on Pouliot either.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

The most I would offer would be.

Matta + Kennedy + 2nd with the option of a conditional 1st Iggy re-signing in Pittsburgh.

Last edited by ObsessedCreative: 03-04-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old
03-04-2013, 04:14 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Because Pouliot is the only true PP QB the Pens have in the system, even with all of those D prospects. Also, I didn't say I'd be shocked to see them traded, I said I'd be shocked to see them traded for Tanguay.

And since the Pens will likely be picking after #20 this year and hopefully for the foreseeable future, yes, I do value Pouliot higher than a 1st.
So as I said, you think Pouliot is a "PP QB" thats fine, I don't think of him as highly as you.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Matta + Kennedy + 2nd with the option of a conditional 1st if the Flames retain 3 million in salary & Iggy re-signing in Pittsburgh.

I would still want plenty of cap space going into this deadline to make more moves.
They would still be able to add 9 million in salary after they traded for Iginla.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:16 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
So as I said, you think Pouliot is a "PP QB" thats fine, I don't think of him as highly as you.
and what do you think of him? a future 7th defenseman? a top-4 defenseman in the AHL?

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Quote:
Considering Kennedy is a capdump, and his been useless all year its really not that great. Im not very high on Pouliot either.
Not exactly a cap dump since the Penguins can choose not to sign him after this year and let him become a UFA again. However, I agree he has very little value. As for Pouliot, that's personal opinion, but not like we couldn't offer up a guy like Maatta instead. Calgary just isn't going to get a productive roster player in a deal where they're selling. When it comes to the prospects and 1st round picks however, depends on who they value more. Value is definitely there regardless though.

Last edited by Killswitch7187: 03-04-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: iPhone typos
Killswitch7187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
They would still be able to add 9 million in salary after they traded for Iginla.
True, I forgot to subtract kennedy's 2 million. You're correct on that front plenty of space to make moves.

I'd still want the protection of the conditional 1st just incase he decides to "Hossa" us.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Gary83*

Quote:

Matta + Kennedy + 2nd with the option of a conditional 1st if the Flames retain 3 million in salary & Iggy re-signing in Pittsburgh.

I would still want plenty of cap space going into this deadline to make more moves.
Hilarious that this is the price of Iginla with a reduced cap hit but also re-signed. Not enough facepalms in the world.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
True, I forgot to subtract kennedy's 2 million. You're correct on that front plenty of space to make moves.

I'd still want the protection of the conditional 1st just incase he decides to "Hossa" us.
I don't think Iginla comes back to Calgary until he has a cup, if he wins with Pitts then he probably does come back to Calgary otherwise I think he stays until he wins one. Also at the deadline Pitts has 36 million (in yearly salary) they could add due to be so below the cap.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:

Thats insulting. The 2nd rounder just tops it off

GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Then you have no problem with me not thinking he should be moved for Tanguay, because you don't think of him that highly. Works out well for everyone.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:33 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Thats insulting. The 2nd rounder just tops it off
Who is it insulting too? As a Pens fan, I'm insulted by a prospect like Matta being included in a trade for a 35 year old guy.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Who is it insulting too? As a Pens fan, I'm insulted by a prospect like Matta being included in a trade for a 35 year old guy.
No to mention a 35 year old guy whos numbers have been on a pretty steady decline over the years.

I mean Iggy would be cool and welcomed, but I for one would much rather be aggressive on a guy like Perry over Iggy.

Perry makes BUTT-LOADS more sense for the penguins now and long term over Iggy.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Seeing Matta has potential value and pens seem to have strength in that prospect department how would they value him trade wise?

Dr Awesome is online now   Reply With Quote