HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Obstructed view at MSG

Old
03-04-2013, 03:10 PM
cjc5103

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Hey fellas and gals,

I'm going to NYC in April and want to catch my first ever game at the garden. I have two questions for the pros here.

1) I'm looking at seats in section 209 row 11. Will my view be crappy here? From what I can tell, I shouldn't be obstructed, but wanted to check.

2) is ~100 a decent price for one ticket there? Seems so. Game I will be in town for is April 10 against the Leafs. There are still a crapload left on stubhub, and while I imagine Leafs fans will pour in and snatch up tickets, am I better off waiting until a day or two before the game to get tickets cheaper as people try to dump them, or will this game sell out and I'll get screwed paying even more if I wait? I know its always a crap shoot, but am curious what the trend is for the Garden.

Thanks for the help in advance. While I can't promise I won't be wearing my Kings Cup Camp hat (because it never leaves my head), I will definitely be cheering for the Rags!
Personally, i think you're overpaying since it's a weekday game vs the Leafs. Granted the Leafs have a decent following, but $100 is Pens/Flyers/Bruins/Caps Prices imo.

You should have no problem snagging a single for $50-$70 the day before or on gameday.

cjc5103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:18 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
Personally, i think you're overpaying since it's a weekday game vs the Leafs. Granted the Leafs have a decent following, but $100 is Pens/Flyers/Bruins/Caps Prices imo.

You should have no problem snagging a single for $50-$70 the day before or on gameday.
Thanks. Yeah I see there are still plenty of seats in that range and the same sections available for the game against the Flyers tomorrow. I don't want to risk being totally screwed, but I guess the worst case scenario is I pay more. I should say that $100 is the price AFTER stubhub fees and crap. The ticket is listed at $84.

And how about that section? I don't need to best seats, but will be pissed if there is like a cement block in front of me or I can't see one of the nets during my one game at the garden. Been dying to go for a long time.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Thanks. Yeah I see there are still plenty of seats in that range and the same sections available for the game against the Flyers tomorrow. I don't want to risk being totally screwed, but I guess the worst case scenario is I pay more. I should say that $100 is the price AFTER stubhub fees and crap. The ticket is listed at $84.

And how about that section? I don't need to best seats, but will be pissed if there is like a cement block in front of me or I can't see one of the nets during my one game at the garden. Been dying to go for a long time.
Use this site as for a general idea of what your view will be like.

http://rangers2012.io-media.com/

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
Use this site as for a general idea of what your view will be like.

http://rangers2012.io-media.com/
Cool. I'll take a look at that when I get home and off my Nhl.com hating ipad.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote