HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 09:06 PM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Dug this outta my sauce archive for one of us who likes these kind of sauces. I worked on making this sauce just right... took me a couple weeks. You can make it with or without the whiskey (I prefer it with it), and add some ghost pepper powder or habanero sauce/powder if you like it hotter.

If you haven't tried a North Carolina style sauce, whip a batch of this up. NC sauces are known for their vinegary bite. Another plus is the vinegar allows you to safely keep the sauce for several months.

Bill's Classic North Carolina Style BBQ Sauce

4 cups cider vinegar
1 cup whiskey (Old Grandad works well in this recipe)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cup ketchup (Heinz is best)
1/4 cup butter
2 Tblsp Tabasco
2 Tblsp lemon juice
2 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp corn starch

Bring it slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook longer if thicker sauce is what you prefer. Allow to cool and refrigerate. Will keep for months, if you have any left, that is.

Serving size: 1 large bottle

Great on ribs or pulled pork: use 12oz of peach or apple wood in your charcoal to smoke the meat...makes one heavenly hockey meal!

Old
02-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Marshall
The OMalley Sellouts

vCash: 50
Over the past 7 or so minutes, I've seen @ 20 emergency vehicles, mostly police, tearing ass Eastbound on Duke into Old Town - anybody have an idea what's up? Nothing on WTOP. Cruisers, motorcycles, unmarked, a SUV, and some emergency vehicles.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Marshall
The OMalley Sellouts

vCash: 50
High-speed chase, apparently.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Saw them flying down Washington St. while sitting in the waiting room for my dentist.

Apparently there was a helicopter as well.

Old
02-27-2013, 03:25 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Some more details:

http://alextimes.com/2013/02/alexand...outh-old-town/

Quote:
[A] police officer is in critical condition in a Washington hospital after being shot at least once during a traffic stop near Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy in south Old Town, authorities said.

Officials describe the vehicle as a yellow taxi cab, which fled the scene. Police caught up with the driver in Fairfax County and took the individual into custody. Though authorities do not believe anyone else was involved, they have not charged the driver with anything more than a traffic infraction at this point.
Heh, I was wondering why the mini-van cab I saw just ahead of the police wasn't pulling over.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:00 AM
BTCG

WOW...

someone shot a cop. Whatever loser did that won't get away with it.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:05 AM
BTCG

On the 'better' news front:

read today that the show "The Americans" is pretty popular, and has been renewed for another season of shows.

What sucked, was having to page-thru MSN's slide-show (37 pages) of shows showing which ones made it and which ones didn't:

http://tv.msn.com/canceled-or-renewe...ery/?gt1=28103

They must be using an ajax controlled script that's about as fast as motor oil dripping in January.

Usually ajax is pretty quick... whatever they're using blows.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Californication should have been put out of its misery. It's a train wreck at this point.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:35 AM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Californication should have been put out of its misery. It's a train wreck at this point.
There were a few that I was surprised to find.... made it.

Glad to see The American's making it. They've drawn me in, and I look forward to Wednesday nights now to see it.

I wish someone would shoot that dead-horse of a show: Hawaii Five-O

Every week it's the same thing... they keep expanding the plot, and then, with 10 minutes left in the show, they introduce a new character you haven't seen up to that point, and he ends up being the bad guy.

I hear the guy who plays MacGarrit is in & out of rehab so much that the shooting schedule for his drugs is easier to plan for than shooting an episode.

They're running out of ideas for Criminal Minds too. It seems like every other show they shoot sucks. I used to really like that show. Now, it's like I enjoy every other one they air.

OH... and pluleeze... cancel the X Factor. I used to like Simon. But his show is way too long... and I don't want to hear some 12 year old kid named after the Jetson's dog try to rap and then compare it to singing a song. The kid couldn't even rap.

Astro... are u kidding me Simon?

Old
02-28-2013, 02:39 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
On the 'better' news front:

read today that the show "The Americans" is pretty popular, and has been renewed for another season of shows.

What sucked, was having to page-thru MSN's slide-show (37 pages) of shows showing which ones made it and which ones didn't:

http://tv.msn.com/canceled-or-renewe...ery/?gt1=28103

They must be using an ajax controlled script that's about as fast as motor oil dripping in January.

Usually ajax is pretty quick... whatever they're using blows.
Decent show=The Americans. Me going through the mid 80s remember AIDS screwing up the HS love fest and man if you could afford a pager your were teh 3h|t. Missed the smoking court by two years as well as the DC grand fathered clause by one. That sucked.

02-28-2013, 03:27 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Cee Lo Green is wider than he is tall.

I meant to watch Do No Harm, specifically because its the guy from Rescue Me, but forgot and now its cancelled. Glad I didn't watch it, but I'm not one of those tools that says "I'm not going to watch that show until there is multiple seasons because it will just get canceled."

Bones... Cancel it please. Its a show about a anthropologist. Yet these idiots as part of making the Indian actor look Persian isn't just leave him be because he looks like an Persian already, its darken his skin and make him look like an Arab.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Decent show=The Americans. Me going through the mid 80s remember AIDS screwing up the HS love fest and man if you could afford a pager your were teh 3h|t. Missed the smoking court by two years as well as the DC grand fathered clause by one. That sucked.
I graduated in 76, at Lakeland HS is White Lake MI: we had a smoking area, and I sure took advantage of it. At 19... my Grandad said "Weiser (that's what he called me) is that the kind of habit you want to carry on as an older man?"

He got to me: I quit and never smoked tobacco again.

I heard that at some point in the 80's, schools banded together and got rid of smoking areas. You did miss something: and all they did was to ensure that students would sneak their smokes (usually in the john), using a lookout.

Pagers weren't even in existence: but we had something better... real Columbian redbud. NOTHING like it!

Old
02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Bones... Cancel it please. Its a show about a anthropologist. Yet these idiots as part of making the Indian actor look Persian isn't just leave him be because he looks like an Persian already, its darken his skin and make him look like an Arab.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:02 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300

So many hard choices

Old
02-28-2013, 09:08 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

So many hard choices
Shouldn't your post go in the speculation acquisition thread.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Cush
-inator

my brain hurts:

Old
03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

And another meteor whips by that we didn't see until the last minute.

When the big comes, I am not sure we will even see it. Not that it will matter, of course.

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/201...armlessly?lite

Old
03-04-2013, 02:44 PM
kicksavedave
yeahright

Quote:

So many hard choices
A piece on CNN yesterday talking about the process for selecting the new Pope... how they have a real tough choice this time, with all the scandals the Church has been through, they have to find a guy who is viewed as part of the solution preferably, but at a minimum someone who is "not part of the problem" was the line CNN used.

Found it pretty interesting that the Church will have a hard time selecting a Cardinal to become Pope who isn't "part of the problem". Slim pickings?

Old
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Makes for more like an FBI most wanted list...

Old
03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:

So many hard choices
The one second from the left on the bottom looks like he should be saying "Great Scott!" (especially if he had bigger hair, or hair at all).

Old
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:

So many hard choices
2nd from the right on the bottom for me, please. Choice is part humerous because of the hat, but also seriously because of the possible social signficance of that choice in the far east corner of this world.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:58 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

I am pushing all in on the greenhorn in the pink yamaka 2nd from top left

Old
03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
2nd from the right on the bottom for me, please. Choice is part humerous because of the hat, but also seriously because of the possible social signficance of that choice in the far east corner of this world.
Actually you are on to something. Many believe what the Church needs to do is to break away from the traditional ties of a European Pope and move towards a Pope from a third world area, i.e. Asia. One suggestion was China, where there's still ongoing religious persecution and the world's largest population, would be a major statement.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

It's funny that people actually care about this.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:56 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

It's not funny that picking a pope comes down to trying to find the one farthest away from all the atrocities committed over half a century.

Closed Thread