HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The CH stands for Character! That's right, back in 1st place!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 04:46 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who raised his hands to the sky in frustration at Plek's play on the 5 on 3?

The guy just takes a straight, to-the-chest, unscreened, unveiled and completely predictable shot!

I mean, COME ON PLEKY

Old
03-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I wish we could challenge Chicago to an exhibition or something. I'm sure we could give them a hell of a run.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I wish we could challenge Chicago to an exhibition or something. I'm sure we could give them a hell of a run.
A good ol' fashioned throw down!!!

I wish too

Old
03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I was drinking at a bar. Those brits tzke their soccer so seriously. And the wife thinks the scar makes me look better (not sure how to take that ). Just add it to the dozens of other scars from work.

More importantly...I didn't dive. I stood up and faced the ******.
I love me some tough mofo, but dive next time

Old
03-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Am I the only one who raised his hands to the sky in frustration at Plek's play on the 5 on 3?

The guy just takes a straight, to-the-chest, unscreened, unveiled and completely predictable shot!

I mean, COME ON PLEKY
I freaked out also we have control and he takes a shot from there on a 5 on 3. On a 5 on 3 your shot has to mean something.

Old
03-04-2013, 04:55 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If you're going to trumpet your convictions with such force, at least stand behind them when you get called on it. It'd be a little less embarassing.

Again, you are attempting to apply some sort of equivalence to what White did and what Chara did. And in doing so, you have become an apologist for Chara and the Bruins. What makes it so fascinating is that you are doing so on the Canadiens board, with your Canadiens avatar.

I would expect a Bruins homer to come here and state that Emelin deserved what he got. But no, I get to read it from you.

Sorry buddy. I am a Canadiens fan. My convictions are with/for the Habs, not some cheap shotting Bruins player.

Julien thanks you though.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Again, you are attempting to apply some sort of equivalence to what White did and what Chara did. And in doing so, you have become an apologist for Chara and the Bruins. What makes it so fascinating is that you are doing so on the Canadiens board, with your Canadiens avatar.

I would expect a Bruins homer to come here and state that Emelin deserved what he got. But no, I get to read it from you.

Sorry buddy. I am a Canadiens fan. My convictions are with/for the Habs, not some cheap shotting Bruins player.

Julien thanks you though.
I don't see how hoto's comments make him a Bruins apologist at all. It's a question of principle and unlike many here hoto's capable of applying them to all teams.

I think Emelin shouldn't be surprised at the retaliation, he did crosscheck Seguin and it went unpunished by the refs. I am pretty surprised that Chara went ******* on the spot causing him to sit out for 17 minutes though. If something like that happened to one of our players, I'd be happy if a teammate stood up for said player. I'd just be much happier if it was done in a context which would actually benefit the team.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
I freaked out also we have control and he takes a shot from there on a 5 on 3. On a 5 on 3 your shot has to mean something.
It's a new strategy from the PP coach.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Here's hoping the other guy got a misconduct penalty and five year sentence to the penalty box.
it was spain...he paid his "fine" to the cops directly

Old
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post

I mean, COME ON PLEKY
No you're not, and if it's not obvious - I'm a Tomas Plekanec fanboy.

He needs to change that. Yes, sometimes it can work and it almost did (rebound/deflection), but it's still not the best option you have and on a 5 on 3, that's not the play you make. Pleks is smart enough to alter his game when things aren't working, though.

We really need to fix our PP. PK's stick seems like it's made of glass these days so I get worried every time he takes a wind up. We aren't moving the puck as efficiently as before, but give the other teams credit for limiting our time and space.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I love me some tough mofo, but dive next time
Im no boston bruin

Old
03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
sheed36

The Habs are a bad team and would fall back to earth when they start playing the tougher and better teams in the NHL Leaf fans said early this season.. Haven't seen them saying that lately.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I don't see how hoto's comments make him a Bruins apologist at all. It's a question of principle and unlike many here hoto's capable of applying them to all teams.

I think Emelin shouldn't be surprised at the retaliation, he did crosscheck Seguin and it went unpunished by the refs. I am pretty surprised that Chara went ******* on the spot causing him to sit out for 17 minutes though. If something like that happened to one of our players, I'd be happy if a teammate stood up for said player. I'd just be much happier if it was done in a context which would actually benefit the team.
Last time I checked, we were Canadiens fans. It is idiocy to apologize (validate, justify, acknowledge.......pick your word) and say what he did.

For example.

You and your wife/girlfriend are on a date. You go to the bathroom. While you are gone, your girlfriend bumps into another woman and she falls down crying. Her big boyfriend comes over and beats her up.

Tell me that you are going to tell your wife/girlfriend that she deserved it and should have expected it since she bumped into that woman.

If you believe that........well, maybe your wife/girlfriend needs another man. Much like maybe the Canadiens need a few better fans than some of the apologists they have now..

Old
03-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
No you're not, and if it's not obvious - I'm a Tomas Plekanec fanboy.

He needs to change that. Yes, sometimes it can work and it almost did (rebound/deflection), but it's still not the best option you have and on a 5 on 3, that's not the play you make. Pleks is smart enough to alter his game when things aren't working, though.

We really need to fix our PP. PK's stick seems like it's made of glass these days so I get worried every time he takes a wind up. We aren't moving the puck as efficiently as before, but give the other teams credit for limiting our time and space.
Have you ever seen Plek do that before this year? I'll answer for you, no.

Its a coaches strategy and its dumb.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Last time I checked, we were Canadiens fans. It is idiocy to apologize (validate, justify, acknowledge.......pick your word) and say what he did.

For example.

You and your wife/girlfriend are on a date. You go to the bathroom. While you are gone, your girlfriend bumps into another woman and she falls down crying. Her big boyfriend comes over and beats her up.

Tell me that you are going to tell your wife/girlfriend that she deserved it and should have expected it since she bumped into that woman.

If you believe that........well, maybe your wife/girlfriend needs another man. Much like maybe the Canadiens need a few better fans than some of the apologists they have now..
Wait, so Emelin is my girlfriend? This is getting really weird, really quickly.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The Habs are a bad team and would fall back to earth when they start playing the tougher and better teams in the NHL Leaf fans said early this season.. Haven't seen them saying that lately.
Considering how diluted some of them are about their team, you can't actually expect them to be right, can you?

Old
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:

For example.

I love the way you think . You're quite rational.

Emelin crosschecked their young star player, its only normal that someone retaliates. Just like White did on Fleischmann. Do you excuse White ? If so then, just say that and don't go and make yourself look like a fool.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

For example.

This post...... is on a whole other level...

For all the youngsters, this is how people made arguments back when saloons where popular hang outs

Old
03-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
This post...... is on a whole other level...

For all the youngsters, this is how people made arguments back when saloons where popular hang outs
Haaaah, the good days... Where everything would settle over a little gun joust.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I love the way you think . You're quite rational.

Emelin crosschecked their young star player, its only normal that someone retaliates. Just like White did on Fleischmann. Do you excuse White ? If so then, just say that and don't go and make yourself look like a fool.
How can I spell this out in simple English since the concept is going way over your head?

Chara is a Boston Bruins player.
White is a Montreal Canadiens player.

When Chara (a Bruin) does what he did to Emelin, you curse the ******* and hope that he gets hit by a bus, because he plays for the Boston Bruins.

When White stands up for a teammate, you cheer him because he plays on YOUR team, the Montreal Canadiens.

Simple concept regarding being a fan of a team.......no apologies needed.

But I understand what hoto is doing. He hates having a team with players who can fight and who will stand up for their teammates. He has always been in favor of having a team with no fighters (prefaced of course by saying he would take a Neil or a Thornton or some player that has ZERO chance in hell of coming here).

It is a jab at people who support having tough guys on this team.

But it is a disgrace apologizing for Chara to make a point.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:37 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

A really good question that I wish I had the answer to would be, are the habs as good as their records indicate or would it be a different senario if we were also facing teams from the Western Conference?

Old
03-04-2013, 05:41 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
A really good question that I wish I had the answer to would be, are the habs as good as their records indicate or would it be a different senario if we were also facing teams from the Western Conference?
Look how easy Chicago is steamrolling the West. I watched them play against Detroit. They are doing nothing different than what the Habs are doing.

Strong aggressive forecheck, swarm to the puck and crisp passing. When we get out of playing that style of game, we suffer. No different than Chicago.

Not saying that we are better than Chicago since they are unbeaten. I am just saying that we would be racking up wins against a lot of the teams in the West, just like we have been doing in the East with the style of game we now play under Therrien.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Have you ever seen Plek do that before this year? I'll answer for you, no.

Its a coaches strategy and its dumb.
Actually I have. Again, you will rarely find me pick apart a bad play by Pleks (actually this is the first time), but he does often try to catch goalies by surprise and that's what he did there. He wasn't the only one taking low% shots/plays on the PP. Whatevs, it wasn't a huge deal - I love Pleky to death, I just think he knows better/the play didn't pay off. He might have scored and it would have been a great shot. Just sayin, the PP we had against the Rangers where Eller (I think) scored after every Hab touched the puck in under 10 seconds -- that's what I want to see. We could be so much more deadly.

Pleks has played the role of half boards marauder for awhile so he gets caught up in certain habits. Thankfully they are mostly great ones. People also forget/don't agree that he has a rocket of a slapper that can easily find its way top corner. As the team's top goal scorer, I'll let him do what he wants right now. I think he's one of the most reliable guys to keep the puck in and distribute it on the cycle.

edit: Actually, is Max now past Pleks?

Old
03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Corncob

SouthernHab is just parodying himself now, right?

Old
03-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post

This post gets my official endorsement. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with any cash incentives. Sorry.

Seriously gentlemen & ladies, let's not turn into the Walking Brain-Dead zombies on the Bruins board. Emelin cross-checked Seguin and avoided what should have been a 2-minute penalty. Big friggin deal - Bruins got away with a few as well. I'm sure Seguin felt pain, but he sold the hit in bold Shakespearean fashion. Unfortunately, the critics gave his performance a thumbs-down. So Emelin's hit and Seguin's dive went unpunished, but then the big bad Z-Rex stomped over and tried to eat Emelin as part of the Jurassic Code. And because of its tiny brain, Z-Rex didn't know when to stop.

So in my opinion, Emelin should've gotten 2 minutes, Seguin shouldn't have dived, Chara should have reacted as a captain of an NHL team, not as a slobbering DNA experiment gone wrong.

Not that I have any illusions my opinion counts for much, but I'm sick of people wishing injury on players of any team, I'm sick of the relativism game where we justify our extreme bias because the bias on the Bruins board is even worse, and - yes, I admit it - I'm sick of the trailer-trash that's taken over the Bruins fan base and created a message-board slum where decent people used to post.

I wish I didn't love the game so much...

Closed Thread