HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Matt Kassian on waivers from Minnesota?
Yes 86 74.78%
No 29 25.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
  #951
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,913
vCash: 500



Bronn is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 04:49 PM
  #952
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
i want a guy who can actually play...and bring something more than just fighting....if we can find someone who can pot 10 and win faceoffs or something that would be awesome.
a center enforcer is really something you don't see often, like never......and majority of 4th liner don't put 10 goals during the year......

you want way to much

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:05 PM
  #953
bigtimehockeyfan999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
a center enforcer is really something you don't see often, like never......and majority of 4th liner don't put 10 goals during the year......

you want way to much
each member of the bruins 4th line can

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  #954
Punkeater
Registered User
 
Punkeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
They needs one but not a total enforcer like Colton Orr or Shawn Thornton... more of a guy like Chris Neil or another Prust. Just to even things up a little.

Punkeater is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:11 PM
  #955
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
each member of the bruins 4th line can
the only enforcers in the bruins 4th line are Thornton and Macdermid. None of them can take faceoff . Thornton got 5 goal last year. no need to talk about Macdermind.

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
  #956
Sorinth
Registered User
 
Sorinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Bear in mind we use our 4th line a lot in defensive situations, if we add a pure enforcer then we will lose that ability. An enforcer is fine when you send out the 4th line to match up against opposing teams 4th lines. But we use our 4th line to go up against 2nd/3rd lines so would either get burned or force us to to play DD or Galchenyuk in more defensive situations which is not great either.

Sorinth is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:17 PM
  #957
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Bear in mind we use our 4th line a lot in defensive situations, if we add a pure enforcer then we will lose that ability. An enforcer is fine when you send out the 4th line to match up against opposing teams 4th lines. But we use our 4th line to go up against 2nd/3rd lines so would either get burned or force us to to play DD or Galchenyuk in more defensive situations which is not great either.
you double shift one of you're fowards. Nothing new here.

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
  #958
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher
 
Timelord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
If you're going to have an enforcer, why not go with a specialist?

Scotty Bowman saw the need for a guy like Gilles Lupien (6'6") with absolutely no skill, and played him as needed. This, when he already had the likes of Robinson and Gainey, but he probably wanted to keep those valuable guys out of the box.

Timelord is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:31 PM
  #959
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Im starting to like that Ben Eager kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zrmNtJhp0

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:33 PM
  #960
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
That was 3 years ago. He really doesn't fight much anymore.

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:33 PM
  #961
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,682
vCash: 50
I'm not really a big fan of having goons in a team, but after yesterday's game, I do think we'll need one for the long run. Prust is trying to do that and he's simply too lightweight to go against bigger guys.

Hope MB gets one from anywhere.

Chfan is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  #962
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Im starting to like that Ben Eager kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59zrmNtJhp0
This video is 2009... Ben is old and soft now. Hes pulling a Moen

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:40 PM
  #963
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,727
vCash: 500
Somewhere in a league far far away (maybe in the federal league playing next to ogglethorpe) must exist the 2nd coming of Link Gaetz. Not the Link that made the NHL, I want the Link that terrorized small towns around the semi-pro circuits. I want the trimmer more deranged version.
This way when he mangles a Chara or Lucic, their career will be done our freshly minted enforcer will most likely be the 1st to face full fledged criminal charges; and the rest of us can go back to watching hockey cuz our appetite for bruins blood will have been satiated.

AntonCH is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:52 PM
  #964
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 500
What would it take for us to get SCOTT from the Sabres?

Habs management has got to see how important it is to get a Scott.
(only for teams like The Bruins and the Leafs...teams that cheat and play dirty to win and goon it up whenever they lose).

Mr. Hab is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 05:58 PM
  #965
icerocket
Registered User
 
icerocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlantis
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
What would it take for us to get SCOTT from the Sabres?

Habs management has got to see how important it is to get a Scott.
(only for teams like The Bruins and the Leafs...teams that cheat and play dirty to win and goon it up whenever they lose).
I would be willing to give a 4th rounder maybe a 3rd rounder.

icerocket is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
  #966
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
He tried to take Sestito but another team had an earlier waiver take on him.

Anyhow, it mean he would like to add a big body. I'm sure he'll make a move before the deadline.
Good to know Bergevin was trying to get someone...maybe before the bruins' game? Was RDS the source? (don't know that much about Sestito, but lots of you here seem to like him).

We need to save Prust for playoffs...keep him fresh.

Mr. Hab is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
  #967
Sorinth
Registered User
 
Sorinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
you double shift one of you're fowards. Nothing new here.
I think you missed the point unless you're saying he should just sit on the bench and never play.

The 4th line is right now being used in an important defensive role, it can't do that with an enforcer-only type player. Some other line will have to pick up the defensive minutes ie Desharnais or Galchenyuk.

Sorinth is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:33 PM
  #968
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,786
vCash: 500
Everybody is taking tough guys off waivers except the Habs. Yet it's us that have to be abused by the Bruins and Leafs constantly.

Is Bergevin too sofff?

Kimota is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  #969
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I think you missed the point unless you're saying he should just sit on the bench and never play.

The 4th line is right now being used in an important defensive role, it can't do that with an enforcer-only type player. Some other line will have to pick up the defensive minutes ie Desharnais or Galchenyuk.
You don't understand. You're 4th line will continue to play the same role as before. You will just sit your enforcer and replace him with 1 of your 6 other wingers. All the team does this. So Moen and White will continue to play 10min and your enforcer will play 5min.

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:45 PM
  #970
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
What would it take for us to get SCOTT from the Sabres?

Habs management has got to see how important it is to get a Scott.
(only for teams like The Bruins and the Leafs...teams that cheat and play dirty to win and goon it up whenever they lose).
You just know it's Mr. Hab when you see a bolded word

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
I would be willing to give a 4th rounder maybe a 3rd rounder.
Thats why you're not GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Everybody is taking tough guys off waivers except the Habs. Yet it's us that have to be abused by the Bruins and Leafs constantly.

Is Bergevin too sofff?
He put in a claim for Sestito, now shut it.
We got abused ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
You don't understand. You're 4th line will continue to play the same role as before. You will just sit your enforcer and replace him with 1 of your 6 other wingers. All the team does this. So Moen and White will continue to play 10min and your enforcer will play 5min.
He's talking about the 5 minutes he plays, this one wouldnt be of quality.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  #971
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

He's talking about the 5 minutes he plays, this one wouldnt be of quality.
Seriously, who give a ****. Does the play of Armstrong is synonyme of quality? Hell, Orr have better number and better +/- than him. Mcgrattan last night was the better 4th liner for Calgary.....

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
  #972
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Seriously, who give a ****. Does the play of Armstrong is synonyme of quality? Hell, Orr have better number and better +/- than him. Mcgrattan last night was the better 4th liner for Calgary.....
That's just it. We are talking about a guy who might not even play every game. Can't be much worse than Armstrong right now. Does that Bordeleau guy throw a lot of big hits like that one in the video? Someone who could throw a monster hit and then stand up for himself afterward would be great.

andy28 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:14 PM
  #973
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
That's just it. We are talking about a guy who might not even play every game. Can't be much worse than Armstrong right now. Does that Bordeleau guy throw a lot of big hits like that one in the video? Someone who could throw a monster hit and then stand up for himself afterward would be great.
yes, Bordeleau throws the body around like there's no tomorrow.

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:17 PM
  #974
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Seriously, who give a ****. Does the play of Armstrong is synonyme of quality? Hell, Orr have better number and better +/- than him. Mcgrattan last night was the better 4th liner for Calgary.....
I give a ****. Armstrong is excellent in his own zone and along the boards(might be our best player there.) you clearly watch hockey with your heart and not your mind.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
  #975
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Everybody is taking tough guys off waivers except the Habs. Yet it's us that have to be abused by the Bruins and Leafs constantly.

Is Bergevin too sofff?
Don't know what the man is thinking. I was hoping he would be different than predecessor.

TennisMenace is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.