HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 13.0 - The Stickied Edition?!

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Rumcajs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Seattle has to be the hardest place in MLS to play.
Extremely rewarding as well. Eddie Johnson said he would get recognized as if he were a Seahawk. Could not say the same in most places including Montreal.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Benzaza

Hello Everyone,

Lots of content on Mount Royal Soccer :-)

Gio's Random Thoughts: Montreal Impact Post-Game Edition and MLS

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...me-edition-mls

Seattle Sounders vs Montreal Impact: Game Highlights, Stats and Quotes

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...ats-and-quotes

Post-Game Talk and Observations: Counter Attack Efficiency and More

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...k-observations

Old
03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Fredd

Nick Sabetti just tweeted the following! Exciting news! Anyone want to take a guess who it is?

"Another signing coming in the next few days for #IMFC Cant reveal name, sworn to secrecy. But it's a name you know, I'll give you that #MLS"

To add to that, someone asked Nick if this person is recognized worldwide or MLS, and Nick responded "MLS"

Old
03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
Nick Sabetti just tweeted the following! Exciting news! Anyone want to take a guess who it is?

"Another signing coming in the next few days for #IMFC Cant reveal name, sworn to secrecy. But it's a name you know, I'll give you that #MLS"
The way he formulates it makes you think; Its probably either a huge player signing, or a ex-Impact player that people know. The word signing could be important, probably means it is someone without a contract

Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Stanley Cup
Bettman's ice bucket

vCash: 58
Mauro Biello

Old
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Watch it be Etienne Barbara lol

Old
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Captain Saku

Sabetti said 'signing', which means it's not a trade, so the guy is a Free Agent.

I'm not sure why I should be excited, it's probably an ex-impact player or a guy that was released by his MLS team? maybe Haineault?

I know NDS is in Argentina to meet with players there, who's the ex-Argentinian player we had a couple of years ago before MLS? Could it be him?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Tribu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Sabetti said 'signing', which means it's not a trade, so the guy is a Free Agent.

I'm not sure why I should be excited, it's probably an ex-impact player or a guy that was released by his MLS team? maybe Haineault?

I know NDS is in Argentina to meet with players there, who's the ex-Argentinian player we had a couple of years ago before MLS? Could it be him?
Leonardo Di Lorenzo? I don't think he's MLS calibre. He's playing in chilean second division right now.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

He said it's "certainly not a DP".

Old
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:

Hainault sounds logical. Has barely played in the Scottish Premier League according to the stats + a RB wouldn't hurt.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasoad View Post
Leonardo Di Lorenzo? I don't think he's MLS calibre. He's playing in chilean second division right now.
Yeah I was thinking about Di Lorenzo, but you're right he's not MLS calibre. Somebody needs to make a research of players not re-signed or released by their clubs. If I had to put my money would be on Haineault, but not sure we need him, he plays CB/RB, same as Camara.

EDIT: Or you know what? could be just signing a guy from the Academy, like Ilcu or Crepeau. More likely Crepeau!

Big booo to Sabetti.

Old
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

It could be Crepeau as well. Only 2 Goalkeepers, he just had a good tourny for Canada.

I mean the Impact DO have good contacts with River Plate... Maybe this dude. Heard he was pretty good at one point

Old
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
ccgg

Is there a maximum or minimum of Canadian players for a Canadian team ?

Old
03-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Is there a maximum or minimum of Canadian players for a Canadian team ?
Minimum 3, no max. We have 4 (Bernier, Ouimette, Tissot, Lefevre).

Old
03-04-2013, 03:02 PM
RoadTotheCup

If its a ex MLS player maybe im wrong but I think he need to come back via the re-entry draft. Like johnson last year. Or maybe its only for ex US international players.

Otherwise Haineault could be logical cause other then Camara as a RB there is only Valentin who is talented, but with the way is was playing pre-season he is not the safest choice if Camara can't play.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking about Di Lorenzo, but you're right he's not MLS calibre. Somebody needs to make a research of players not re-signed or released by their clubs. If I had to put my money would be on Haineault, but not sure we need him, he plays CB/RB, same as Camara.

EDIT: Or you know what? could be just signing a guy from the Academy, like Ilcu or Crepeau. More likely Crepeau!

Big booo to Sabetti.

more likely ilcu, because when they didnt sign him after tissot and lefevre, i remember they said.. ilcu isnt signed.. for now... wich sounded like.. he was about to be signed in a near future..

if thats the case sabetti is trolling us...

Old
03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I want to get into soccer to follow the Impact. I bought FIFA 13, and I enjoy the game (FUT is great, Di Vaio is a beast, and cheap on the market) but the players positions confuse me.

I get there are basically four player groups on the field (Forwards, Midfielders, Defenders & GKs) but depending on the formation, there are other positions that appear.

Like, using 4-3-3, my midfield needs to have players which play CM (Center Midfield) but most of my players are CDMs. So, teams changing formations need to change players?

Old
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I want to get into soccer to follow the Impact. I bought FIFA 13, and I enjoy the game (FUT is great, Di Vaio is a beast, and cheap on the market) but the players positions confuse me.

I get there are basically four player groups on the field (Forwards, Midfielders, Defenders & GKs) but depending on the formation, there are other positions that appear.

Like, using 4-3-3, my midfield needs to have players which play CM (Center Midfield) but most of my players are CDMs. So, teams changing formations need to change players?
I don't play FUT, I prefer playing career mode, but when you build a team, you either play with a formation that suits best your players, or bring in players to play a formation you like to play.

I usually like to play 4-2-3-1 (4 defenders, 2 CDMs, 1 CAM, 2 wingers and 1 striker). So I buy players that fit with the formation.

For a newbie, stick to either 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) or 4-3-3. Those are the most common used.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
I don't play FUT, I prefer playing career mode, but when you build a team, you either play with a formation that suits best your players, or bring in players to play a formation you like to play.

I usually like to play 4-2-3-1 (4 defenders, 2 CDMs, 1 CAM, 2 wingers and 1 striker). So I buy players that fit with the formation.
In the 4231 on FUT though, you have 3 CAM's, 2 CDM's, 1 ST and 4 Defenders. Its really unfortunate cause in real life the wide players of a 4231 are wingers. On career mode though, you can put wingers at LAM & RAM

Old
03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I hope we keep Valentin though.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Me too 1 year ago, day for day almost, he came to bring this @ my house. Will be forever great full (and biased)

Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Me too 1 year ago, day for day almost, he came to bring this @ my house. Will be forever great full (and biased)

Lucky ******* !!

Old
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Lucky ******* !!

For those who got twitter, follow me @Laurmayne, Ill defo follow back

Old
03-05-2013, 07:52 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTotheCup View Post
If its a ex MLS player maybe im wrong but I think he need to come back via the re-entry draft. Like johnson last year. Or maybe its only for ex US international players.

Otherwise Haineault could be logical cause other then Camara as a RB there is only Valentin who is talented, but with the way is was playing pre-season he is not the safest choice if Camara can't play.
It only applies for Americans. Not sure about Canadians. I think only US.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:34 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Bringing Haineault back to Montreal wouldn't make a lot of sense RIGHT NOW, but he could be useful next year. He is only 27 and we will likely lose Nesta and maybe Ferrari next year. Rivas might be gone aswell. We have Ouimette and Camara, but that's not enough. So, if he is ready to see less playing time this year, he might be an option. But frankly, why not just wait after the season? I guess Crépeau or Ilcu make more sense.

Closed Thread