HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lowe tells it like it is

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Seachd

vCash: 500
Lowe tells it like it is

Excellent interview on HNIC. Didn't have the nicest things to say about Murray, for example, but he was pretty clear. It's nice to finally have the record set straight.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Silver

Yep, he slammed Murray pretty good. Brace for a chorus of whining from the Ducks contingent...

Old
12-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Didn't Lowe also mention the whining of the Ducks and the Comrie camp. Didn't Lowe also mention that Murray should learn the English language. I loved that line.

12-20-2003, 05:54 PM
SerbianEagle

hes got every right to be pissed at the moment

1) 2 year pro acts like god
2) winter goes public with everything
3) brick sports slamming him without getting the facts straight( yes hall I mean you)
4) Anaheim claiming they have a deal done
5) Murray going public with names
6) Murray accusing him of breach of trust or whatever
7) Brick sports still on his case

I'd be upset too. Good on him for having the balls to say whats on his mind.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:59 PM
gretzky2kurri

I really wish he would have mentioned Hallsie in that segment. Bryan picks up the Sun paper....takes what Brownlee says a gospel.....then regurgitates on his show all day adding his own convenient little spices to it.

Stick to the CFL Bryan. You make a dick outta yourself everytime you talk about the Oilers.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:20 PM
O.T.

I totally missed the interview, I had to work. Could somebody please tell me what Lowe said about Murray(especially), and Mike Comrie.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:34 PM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
Excellent interview on HNIC. Didn't have the nicest things to say about Murray, for example, but he was pretty clear. It's nice to finally have the record set straight.
Wow, he gave it to comrie and the ducks pretty good. The whole "Murray needs to learn the English language..."
ZING!!!!!!
I'm sure Murray will have something to say after this, but who can beat "Both the comrie camp and the ducks were whining all the time" If anything, Klowe won the flyers trade just for the hilarious jabs he got in after the fact.

On the minus side I guess this eliminates any chance of seeing Lupes in an Oilers jersey, oh well. Maybe this is a poke at Comrie to let loose his reason for not signing, but I don't think I can sit through another interview on HNIC with pampers and his hilarious 'do. His face is so out of porportion its hard to take anything he says seriously. I was hoping he would go to the ducks, because he kind of looks like one...

Old
12-20-2003, 08:41 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T.
I totally missed the interview, I had to work. Could somebody please tell me what Lowe said about Murray(especially), and Mike Comrie.
Elliot Friedman was interviewing him and asked about the Comrie situation. Asked if he'd do anything differently.. Lowe said he basically wouldn't.

Friedman then asked what was Lowe's opinion regarding the disgruntlement by media, Brian Murray, and Lowe's standing as a trustworthy person to the other GMs in the league.

Lowe said that if Brian said it was a deal.. then he needs to understand the English language better. In essence, that he stated on 2 separate occasions that he needed to settle some things with the Comrie camp before the deal would be consumated. Lowe continued to say that he was utterly tired of listening to Murray whine about wanting Comrie... Winter whining about wanting to go to Anaheim... and that he wasn't going to make a deal to a Western conference club without the pot getting sweetened.

He also mentioned that he knows that other GMs know he is an honest, upstanding guy where his "word is gospel". If, by chance, some distrust Lowe now... I think he said that he'd move on.

Something to that effect anyway.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:58 PM
O.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Elliot Friedman was interviewing him and asked about the Comrie situation. Asked if he'd do anything differently.. Lowe said he basically wouldn't.

Friedman then asked what was Lowe's opinion regarding the disgruntlement by media, Brian Murray, and Lowe's standing as a trustworthy person to the other GMs in the league.

Lowe said that if Brian said it was a deal.. then he needs to understand the English language better. In essence, that he stated on 2 separate occasions that he needed to settle some things with the Comrie camp before the deal would be consumated. Lowe continued to say that he was utterly tired of listening to Murray whine about wanting Comrie... Winter whining about wanting to go to Anaheim... and that he wasn't going to make a deal to a Western conference club without the pot getting sweetened.

He also mentioned that he knows that other GMs know he is an honest, upstanding guy where his "word is gospel". If, by chance, some distrust Lowe now... I think he said that he'd move on.

Something to that effect anyway.
Thanks, sounds like a very interesting interview!

Old
12-20-2003, 09:57 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
I really wish he would have mentioned Hallsie in that segment. Bryan picks up the Sun paper....takes what Brownlee says a gospel.....then regurgitates on his show all day adding his own convenient little spices to it.

Stick to the CFL Bryan. You make a dick outta yourself everytime you talk about the Oilers.
As if Bryan Hall doesn't make a dick out of himself when he talks about the cfl. He is the most pompous arse on the Edm sports scene if not globally.

Vcr has a guy named Neil McRae who is cut from the same cloth, I wonder if every city has one.

Closed Thread