HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Matt Kassian on waivers from Minnesota?
Yes 86 74.78%
No 29 25.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 08:18 PM
andy28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
yes, Bordeleau throws the body around like there's no tomorrow.
Nice. And he is a hometown boy, too. Good for the crowd.

Is he much of a liability when he plays? Does take too many bad penalties?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You just know it's Mr. Hab when you see a bolded word

Thats why you're not GM.

He put in a claim for Sestito, now shut it.
We got abused ?

He's talking about the 5 minutes he plays, this one wouldnt be of quality.
You're embarassing yourself with all these responses.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You're embarassing yourself with all these responses.
Getting down to your level.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
Nice. And he is a hometown boy, too. Good for the crowd.

Is he much of a liability when he plays? Does take too many bad penalties?
no, he's not a liability on the ice. And yes, sometime he take bad penalities. You have to calm him down because he try to hit too much

Old
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I give a ****. Armstrong is excellent in his own zone and along the boards(might be our best player there.) you clearly watch hockey with your heart and not your mind.
Armstrong and Moen are essentially the same. Both are good defensively, both are good on the PK, and both have enough vision and skill to be 3rd liners at best. However, they both were brought in for some sandpaper, and this year they haven't delivered in that aspect.
I have no issues in replacing one of them for someone that brings that extra edge.

With the way White seems to have been tamed as well, we're seeing all those three guys play essentially the same style. We need White to get back to his ''I don't give a crap who you iz, Ima lay the smack down on youz'' attitude. I would have liked to see him more physically involved yesterday. But he's a keeper imo.
Improvement over the other two would be great.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
no, he's not a liability on the ice. And yes, sometime he take bad penalities. You have to calm him down because he try to hit too much
I'd be happy to get him.. But I don't think he'll ever hit the market...

Old
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
bud12

Quote:
I give a ****. Armstrong is excellent in his own zone and along the boards(might be our best player there.) you clearly watch hockey with your heart and not your mind.
ok I stop. We will never agree

Old
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Armstrong and Moen are essentially the same. Both are good defensively, both are good on the PK, and both have enough vision and skill to be 3rd liners at best. However, they both were brought in for some sandpaper, and this year they haven't delivered in that aspect.
I have no issues in replacing one of them for someone that brings that extra edge.

With the way White seems to have been tamed as well, we're seeing all those three guys play essentially the same style. We need White to get back to his ''I don't give a crap who you iz, Ima lay the smack down on youz'' attitude. I would have liked to see him more physically involved yesterday. But he's a keeper imo.
Improvement over the other two would be great.
I'm not going to excuse Armstrong on the sandpaper part... He used to hit border line dirty but he used to be much faster.
For Moen though, we know he's tough, we know what he brings. It's been 20 games, I'm pretty sure it will clear itself.
For White it's pretty clear MT told him to lay off.

I'd be wiling to swap Armstrong with someone better... But there's no one else.

People saying things like'' It can't be worse than 10 minutes of Armstrong'' are just delusional haters.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
ok I stop. We will never agree
Who's better than him ? Maybe Eller. Who else ?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

All of this Parros talk is useless. Think about it... would he be on the ice when Lucic is on the ice in a tight game? Likely not. Heck, do you really think that Lucic would drop the gloves against Parros? Even less, just look at when he crapped his pants with Laraque!

The Habs need a big guy who can play, a Prust with more size, maybe with a bit less talent but not much less...

Old
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
FireBergevin
FireSavard

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Now this is an idea I would be all for, was hoping that we were going to draft him in his draft year
You wanted to draft Boyle at 10th overall over Getzlaf, Perry, Carter, Parise, Brown, Burns, Kessler?

You sure this is something you should be admitting to?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
All of this Parros talk is useless. Think about it... would he be on the ice when Lucic is on the ice in a tight game? Likely not. Heck, do you really think that Lucic would drop the gloves against Parros? Even less, just look at when he crapped his pants with Laraque!

The Habs need a big guy who can play, a Prust with more size, maybe with a bit less talent but not much less...
Eager

Old
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Eager
Eager doesnt fight enough... He's like Moen now...

Old
03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
One more reason why you should want us to trade for him.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
bud12

Quote:
I was sarcastic. Should have put the at the end

the way I see it is: " we want a tough team but we don't want a enforcer". Can somebody tells me which teams are tough but don't have a enforcer?

Old
03-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Eager
No! Enough with this Eager crap already. He stinks and he doesn't fight at all. His 1 fight this season is a loss to Zack Kassian! Why should we base who we want on weather or not he'll drop em with Lucic?

Old
03-04-2013, 09:20 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
No! Enough with this Eager crap already. He stinks and he doesn't fight at all. His 1 fight this season is a loss to Zack Kassian! Why should we base who we want on weather or not he'll drop em with Lucic?
it was sarcastic

Old
03-04-2013, 11:31 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Chris Thorburn might be a good fit for you folks on your 4th line? Great teammate and will fight at a level above Prust. doesn't win them all but rarely gets blown out and is very game. He bloodied a much bigger Frazer McLaren at a game I was at this year. brings energy to the 4th line and can play the game At a decent level for a fighter. Moen can handle himself but he seems to have slowed down in the fighting department in the last two season whereas Thorbs still goes about 10 times a season.

I only mention this because one reporter from Montreal between periods last night had him on a list of four potential candidates or aquisition targets. Also Winnipeg and montreal's GM's worked together in Chicago and are familiar with each other.

Not saying he will step in and blow out guys but he would add toughness and play a regular 4th line shift.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I was sarcastic. Should have put the at the end

the way I see it is: " we want a tough team but we don't want a enforcer". Can somebody tells me which teams are tough but don't have a enforcer?
Actually I want an enforcer, the only thing is that our 4th line could really take a hit like I've told you... Wish there could be someone like Prust but a bit bigger in this league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Chris Thorburn might be a good fit for you folks on your 4th line? Great teammate and will fight at a level above Prust. doesn't win them all but rarely gets blown out and is very game. He bloodied a much bigger Frazer McLaren at a game I was at this year. brings energy to the 4th line and can play the game At a decent level for a fighter. Moen can handle himself but he seems to have slowed down in the fighting department in the last two season whereas Thorbs still goes about 10 times a season.

I only mention this because one reporter from Montreal between periods last night had him on a list of four potential candidates or aquisition targets. Also Winnipeg and montreal's GM's worked together in Chicago and are familiar with each other.

Not saying he will step in and blow out guys but he would add toughness and play a regular 4th line shift.

Prust is a better fighter than Thorburn man...

Old
03-04-2013, 11:52 PM
bud12

Quote:

Don't need Thorburn but Peluso is interesting

Old
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Actually I want an enforcer, the only thing is that our 4th line could really take a hit like I've told you... Wish there could be someone like Prust but a bit bigger in this league.

Prust is a better fighter than Thorburn man...
Love Prust and he was a great pick up for you guys.....not dissing him as a fighter and perhaps he could beat Thorburn but do you want Prust taking on the other teams HW's night in night out? Thorburn would fill the roll and free Prust up for more interesting high value bouts when needed.

Not trying to sell Thorburn for more than he is but watching your team I just don't think you need a novelty act type goon.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:11 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Don't need Thorburn but Peluso is interesting
I think Peluso will make Thorburn expendable although he broke his hand this past Saturday in that beat down so he will be on the shelf for a while. We heard from the St Louis fans his rep in the AHL was pretty impressive and at 6'3" 235 he has the size. I like his hockey skills so far as well in a very limited sample size.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:26 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

I'll take Mark Stuart, thank you very much!

Old
03-05-2013, 12:50 AM
CN_paladin

In the off season if we replaced:

- Kaberle with Stuart/Engelland
- Gionta with Clarkson
- Armstrong with a top tier fighter a la Bordelau

We'd be be kicking serious ass next year without losing much speed.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:53 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
In the off season if we replaced:

- Kaberle with Stuart/Engelland
- Gionta with Clarkson
- Armstrong with a top tier fighter a la Bordelau

We'd be be kicking serious ass next year without losing much speed.
With this change, you have the toughess team in the league. To bad it will not happen

Closed Thread