HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VIII

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I'm gonna email all of them about the silver for the white. If its not possible then I can just suck it up
I did the same thing, I'm SO nit picky about my jerseys. I'm one of those jersey freaks around here But e-mail them, they were helpful for me. They do the Rangers' stuff now even. So maybe you'll have luck! I remember by Leetch jersey done and it had the silver lining. So hopefully they still do them!

Old
03-04-2013, 07:54 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
I did the same thing, I'm SO nit picky about my jerseys. I'm one of those jersey freaks around here But e-mail them, they were helpful for me. They do the Rangers' stuff now even. So maybe you'll have luck! I remember by Leetch jersey done and it had the silver lining. So hopefully they still do them!
I really didn't think it would bother me this much but I have huge OCD and I'm afraid ill be wearing the jersey somewhere and someone will call me out on no silver I'm at least fine knowing I can definitely get the blue done right.

My goal is Leetch with the A for the dark blue and Gretzky for the white

Old
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
I really didn't think it would bother me this much but I have huge OCD and I'm afraid ill be wearing the jersey somewhere and someone will call me out on no silver I'm at least fine knowing I can definitely get the blue done right.

That's funny because so many people wear fakes to the games nowadays, no one really cares TBH.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:

I think you'll get it done. I'm pretty OCD about jerseys as well. I'm a nut over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
That's funny because so many people wear fakes to the games nowadays, no one really cares TBH.
I care. It's taking away from helping the NHL/Rangers, and it just upsets me going for the low quality

Old
03-04-2013, 09:07 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Well, I completely overlooked the fact that exclusivepro customizes the white lady liberty. But now I'm stuck without a pot to piss in with the blue I'm a mess

Old
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Well, I completely overlooked the fact that exclusivepro customizes the white lady liberty. But now I'm stuck without a pot to piss in with the blue I'm a mess
Oh man! So what's the whole situation? Exclusive Pro will do the white but not the blue?

Old
03-04-2013, 09:17 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Oh man! So what's the whole situation? Exclusive Pro will do the white but not the blue?
Yup. This is a god damned conspiracy

Old
03-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Yup. This is a god damned conspiracy
Well I know for sure ArenaWear does the Blue ones. Watch you send it in: "sorry, we do blue now, no more white!"

Old
03-04-2013, 09:52 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Well I know for sure ArenaWear does the Blue ones. Watch you send it in: "sorry, we do blue now, no more white!"
The good thing about Arena Wear is that I am near Harrison so if I wanted, I could go and inquire about it

Old
03-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
The good thing about Arena Wear is that I am near Harrison so if I wanted, I could go and inquire about it
Win for you, suggest going to ask

Old
03-05-2013, 08:15 AM
thk25

Does Arena wear do all the on ice jerseys? I may get a heritage done this summer.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:21 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Haha...dude you have no idea.

I work 5 minutes away from Arena Wear in Rye, and I drove over there on my lunch break a couple weeks ago. Walked in, and the guys looked at me like I had two heads. They don't get visitors very often, so they were kind of surprised they had someone walking in off the street. They are pretty cool though. They were showing me actual jerseys that the Rangers were going to be wearing the next week, and it was awesome to see that.

I went in to discuss them doing my 94' Richter jersey project. Recent Cosby jerseys ive seen look like ****, (90's era) so I wanted someone who can laser cut the twill and do the job to my exact specs. Using Adobe Illustrator, I drew out the RICHTER name in the thinner, 90's style font, and did the numbers as well. I used tons of reference photos, to get it as close as possible.

I printed out the letters, and numbers, and this is what it will look like. Next step is to bring them the jersey, the printed templates (for spacing, placement) and the digital file, and have them stitch everything on.

To say I am a jersey freak, perfectionist would be an understatement. I have been tweaking this thing for the past 3 weeks trying to get everything as perfect as I can!

Here it is as a work in progress, I am going to have it done in the next 2 weeks or so, so I will post photos of the finished jersey.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Jesus, not so sure I have the ability or the patience to do any of that

Might just have to stick to printing out a picture of how it looked and putting my faith in their hands

Old
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

They do good. My Leetch came out real nice too by AW

Old
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
nevesis

Quote:
They do good. My Leetch came out real nice too by AW
90's era Leetch? Or new style with nameplate?

Post pics if you can!

Old
03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

A 90's era Leetch with a C is also on my bucket list. Baby steps tho

Old
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Haha...dude you have no idea.

I work 5 minutes away from Arena Wear in Rye, and I drove over there on my lunch break a couple weeks ago. Walked in, and the guys looked at me like I had two heads. They don't get visitors very often, so they were kind of surprised they had someone walking in off the street. They are pretty cool though. They were showing me actual jerseys that the Rangers were going to be wearing the next week, and it was awesome to see that.

I went in to discuss them doing my 94' Richter jersey project. Recent Cosby jerseys ive seen look like ****, (90's era) so I wanted someone who can laser cut the twill and do the job to my exact specs. Using Adobe Illustrator, I drew out the RICHTER name in the thinner, 90's style font, and did the numbers as well. I used tons of reference photos, to get it as close as possible.

I printed out the letters, and numbers, and this is what it will look like. Next step is to bring them the jersey, the printed templates (for spacing, placement) and the digital file, and have them stitch everything on.

To say I am a jersey freak, perfectionist would be an understatement. I have been tweaking this thing for the past 3 weeks trying to get everything as perfect as I can!

Here it is as a work in progress, I am going to have it done in the next 2 weeks or so, so I will post photos of the finished jersey.
That's crazy man haha... I'm surprised you're not mandating that you must personally be present to monitor the alterations/stitching.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
That's crazy man haha... I'm surprised you're not mandating that you must personally be present to monitor the alterations/stitching.
Trust me, I would if I could...

Old
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
90's era Leetch? Or new style with nameplate?

Post pics if you can!
Blue Liberty Leetch with the A. I posted some a few threads ago, They did real nice. They put a nameplate on it but that was my fault because I forgot to request none during the time.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:16 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
Wrong. I call people out for wearing fake jerseys at MSG... I would never call someone out for wearing a fake jersey while playing roller hockey though....

Old
03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Trust me, I would if I could...
LOL that's good stuff man.... When you go to pick it up I picture you whipping out a large magnifying glass and a pocket ruler and taking on the sight measurements to confirm they followed your most stringent parameters!

Old
03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Wrong. I call people out for wearing fake jerseys at MSG... I would never call someone out for wearing a fake jersey while playing roller hockey though....
Do you call them out to their face or just tell somebody you're at the game with?

I mean I'm used to people screaming 'wait for the whistle' when someone gets up during the game play but I think I might have a hard laugh if you're yelling ' FAKE JERSEY! ' and pointing the finger as people walk by....

Old
03-05-2013, 11:42 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
LOL that's good stuff man.... When you go to pick it up I picture you whipping out a large magnifying glass and a pocket ruler and taking on the sight measurements to confirm they followed your most stringent parameters!

I am going as far as not only providing them with the printed templates you see that I placed on the jersey, but I am photographing the numbers and letters on the jersey, then drawing the measurements on top of the printed picture so there is no way they can **** it up. For example, the space between the large 35 on the back of the jersey is an inch and a half. The Richter text has to have one inch of space between the top blue of the jersey and where the text starts, etc etc.

I am a perfectionist with things like this. If it isn't perfect, I won't feel right wearing it. I think its borderline obsessive compulsive.

Either way, I am psyched to get it done, and its my dream jersey. An authentic CCM mesh Mike Richter 1994 Stanley Cup Finals home jersey. When its all finished, it will be something ive wanted for the past 20 years. I can't wait to wear it to every game I go to the garden for the rest of my life.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I am going as far as not only providing them with the printed templates you see that I placed on the jersey, but I am photographing the numbers and letters on the jersey, then drawing the measurements on top of the printed picture so there is no way they can **** it up. For example, the space between the large 35 on the back of the jersey is an inch and a half. The Richter text has to have one inch of space between the top blue of the jersey and where the text starts, etc etc.

I am a perfectionist with things like this. If it isn't perfect, I won't feel right wearing it. I think its borderline obsessive compulsive.

Either way, I am psyched to get it done, and its my dream jersey. An authentic CCM mesh Mike Richter 1994 Stanley Cup Finals home jersey. When its all finished, it will be something ive wanted for the past 20 years. I can't wait to wear it to every game I go to the garden for the rest of my life.
Oh you're going to wear it? I figured it was going to get framed and hung on the wall.... What would you do if you spilled some mustard on it?

You would hate my Del Zotto Premier jersey.... The 'DEL' & 'ZOTTO' are too close together... I ordered it from SportsK which normally ships well-customized jerseys. When I ordered it, it shipped right away which surprised me because normally it takes a week or two to be customized by a 3rd party. I surmised that someone must have returned my jersey and they held onto it to ship to another Customer... Truth be told I don't mind the lettering on my jersey because I think the real version that Del Zotto wears looks a little funny with the larger spacing. Plus being is that it takes up a good chunk of the back portion of the jersey and that I"m not wearing shoulder pads when I go to the game, the spacing on my jersey suits my needs and can still be read rather than being cut off or scrunched up on the sides. I'm not much of a jersey perfectionist though. I own that jersey and an Authentic Prucha Liberty jersey which is autographed and that's it....

If I ever order another jersey, which I'm not planning to at the moment, I would definitely grab a Hagelin Home Premier jersey.... I love Hagelin's game and I like the #62 on a jersey.... I'd never get a Marc Staal jersey because I don't like the look of the #18 haha, even though I really like Staalsy...

Old
03-06-2013, 12:15 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

While my Lady Liberty conundrum has been occurring, I've been completely forgetting I ordered a McDonagh heritage from coolhockey. I'll post pics when I get it, which'll probably be sometime next week

Closed Thread