HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bozak to Blues

Old
03-04-2013, 07:17 PM
shifting

vCash: 500
Bozak to Blues

What would it take to get Bozak? During the 1st intermission of the Devils/Leafs game they were talking about him being trade bait.

Picked wrong prefix. Sorry

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

1st at minimum if were out of it. If were still in, hes not going anywhere

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

We would need a better center coming back. I don't see us being good trade partners.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
thinkinfeller

I don't put a lot of stock in the Hockey Central panel and think that DM's 4.5 million dollar per evaluation of Bozak is off base. I think Toronto will resign him before the dealine - something around 3 years x 9 mil.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:23 PM
shifting

He's the only Leaf I would want in the Note

A 1st would be worth it to me

Old
03-04-2013, 07:25 PM
HooliganX2

I really don't think the Leafs can trade Bozak. For better or worse he currently is their #1 center.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting View Post
He's the only Leaf I would want in the Note

A 1st would be worth it to me
The ONLY Leafs player? Gimme a break.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:29 PM
shifting

Don't take it the wrong way. What I mean is the only one I would be willing to make a strong offer for (if I were GM ) )

Old
03-04-2013, 07:30 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
I don't put a lot of stock in the Hockey Central panel and think that DM's 4.5 million dollar per evaluation of Bozak is off base. I think Toronto will resign him before the dealine - something around 3 years x 9 mil.
If the Leafs get Bozak for 3 mill per, they're getting a steal...with Grabbo at 5.5 mill per and Bozak higher on the depth chart, he's gonna want a bit more of the pie than 3 mill, methinks.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:30 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Yeah as a Blues fan that is not true for me at all the Leafs have several quality players I would like. I just personally would not be willing to give up what the Leafs would need in return for it to make sense to the Leafs. Also I like Grabo just his contract is the only reason I would not like him on the Blues.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
I'm not on the same page as the person you quoted, but it's quite possible that while you have several players of value and good caliber, that they are not a good fit or are undesirable in one way or another from his perspective. It seems like you're taking it personally and making assumptions.

That said, the Blues and Leafs don't make good trading partners.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
If the Leafs get Bozak for 3 mill per, they're getting a steal...with Grabbo at 5.5 mill per and Bozak higher on the depth chart, he's gonna want a bit more of the pie than 3 mill, methinks.
I think you make a very good point, however I also believe that the Leafs grossly overpaid Grabo last year. It would be difficult I think, to justify handing out more bad contracts based on what Burke gave Grabovski.

If Bozak's camp is asking 4.5+ per season on a long term deal, he'll have to go.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:39 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
I'm not on the same page as the person you quoted, but it's quite possible that while you have several players of value and good caliber, that they are not a good fit or are undesirable in one way or another from his perspective. It seems like you're taking it personally and making assumptions.

That said, the Blues and Leafs don't make good trading partners.
I'm not interested in debating semantics, the OP made a broad statement that implied the Leafs had nothing of value outside of Tyler Bozak and I called him on it. It's nothing personal, and I fail to see where I assumed anything.

I also think that any claim that team X and team Y don't make good trading partners is bland and uncreative.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:40 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Quote:
I think you make a very good point, however I also believe that the Leafs grossly overpaid Grabo last year. It would be difficult I think, to justify handing out more bad contracts based on what Burke gave Grabovski.

If Bozak's camp is asking 4.5+ per season on a long term deal, he'll have to go.
I think 16 million for 4 years is well within the realm of possibility and 18 million may be the answer, unfortunately for Nonis.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:48 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
I'm not interested in debating semantics, the OP made a broad statement that implied the Leafs had nothing of value outside of Tyler Bozak and I called him on it. It's nothing personal, and I fail to see where I assumed anything.

I also think that any claim that team X and team Y don't make good trading partners is bland and uncreative.
He said Bozak was the only player he wanted to see in the Note, that in no way states the Leafs have nothing of value. You made an assumption he was being derogatory towards the Leafs and you ran with it. I merely gave you alternative assumptions.

As far as being bland and uncreative, sometimes the truth is.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 PM
shifting

I replied to him taking umbrage to my statement earlier. Underslept understood what I meant.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:53 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
He said Bozak was the only player he wanted to see in the Note, that in no way states the Leafs have nothing of value. You made an assumption he was being derogatory towards the Leafs and you ran with it. I merely gave you alternative assumptions.

As far as being bland and uncreative, sometimes the truth is.
Are you done now? Can we get back to the Bozak thing?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:01 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

How does Jaskin+ sound?

Not keen on selling while we are in a playoff spot, but we are still a couple yrs away from contending so I'd listen

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:02 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
Are you done now? Can we get back to the Bozak thing?
Any time you're ready.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Mantooth

Quote:
Bozak is not worth a dollar over 3mm. If he walks he walks. The guy is overvalued and goes missing in a number of games. Just because you play on the top line of the leafs doesn't mean other teams will want you. See Jonas hoglund.

Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:06 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Steen is better when healthy. Steen was horrible at faceoffs in the beginning, but if you look at how he did after the first few games of so, he started to find his groove.

I think the only reason we have interest in centers right now is cover for injuries, not as a replacement or to move Steen to wing.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Man Bear Pig

A first although I'd much rather keep him and re-sign him.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:10 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Steen is better when healthy. Steen was horrible at faceoffs in the beginning, but if you look at how he did after the first few games of so, he started to find his groove.

I think the only reason we have interest in centers right now is cover for injuries, not as a replacement or to move Steen to wing.
I disagree a bit.

Steen's more effective all around on the wing. He seems to want to play center after playing overseas during the lockout, but his play this year (outside of faceoffs) is not as good as it was last year. Then again, not many on our team have been so maybe this has nothing to do with that.

I'm in favor of acquiring another center, although I don't see it as a priority like the #1 LHD.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:13 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
Bozak is not worth a dollar over 3mm. If he walks he walks. The guy is overvalued and goes missing in a number of games. Just because you play on the top line of the leafs doesn't mean other teams will want you. See Jonas hoglund.
The guy is one of the league leaders in faceoff wins, is one of your most creative players, and plays with Kessel, who goes missing far more often than Bozak does...if Nonis undervalues him, he'll learn just how important a piece of the Leaf puzzle he is...to Leaf Nation's regret.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:26 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
The guy is one of the league leaders in faceoff wins, is one of your most creative players, and plays with Kessel, who goes missing far more often than Bozak does...if Nonis undervalues him, he'll learn just how important a piece of the Leaf puzzle he is...to Leaf Nation's regret.
I'm a big Bozak fan and love what he adds as a reliable face-off guy, but firmly believe he's better suited as a 2nd/3rd line centerman. That's where he'd be playing if we had a legitimate 1st line guy. That said, I don't think we can give Bozak anymore than 3-3.5 million/per.

I'd be more comfortable giving Naz a try on the top line next year (realizing he is terrible at the draw) than I would be giving Bozak a contract that is anywhere in the neighbourhood of the one that was given to Grabo.

I'd do Bozak + for Schwartz.