HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bozak to Blues

Old
03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
shifting

vCash: 500
Why are leafs so high on Schwartz?

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
smitty10

If Patty Berglund is coming back you can have him

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
I'm a big Bozak fan and love what he adds as a reliable face-off guy, but firmly believe he's better suited as a 2nd/3rd line centerman. That's where he'd be playing if we had a legitimate 1st line guy. That said, I don't think we can give Bozak anymore than 3-3.5 million/per.

I'd be more comfortable giving Naz a try on the top line next year (realizing he is terrible at the draw) than I would be giving Bozak a contract that is anywhere in the neighbourhood of the one that was given to Grabo.
He is a #2 centre, at best, however Leafs FUBARed themselves with the Grabbo contract and Bozo>Grabbo, so if Nonis wants to keep Bozak, he's gonna pay for it with at least reasonable money as compared to the Grabbo contract...or let him walk and be happy with Grabbo as the #2 centre...as a Habs fan, I'd rather the Leafs let Bozak walk and keep Grabbo as the #2 guy; makes them easier to play.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:33 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifting View Post
Have you seen Schwartz play the last 2 games? He's very smart, great offensive instincts, added a lot of muscle (still needs to add some), and he is playing very aggressive going into the dirty areas and going straight to the net.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:34 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
How does Jaskin+ sound?

Not keen on selling while we are in a playoff spot, but we are still a couple yrs away from contending so I'd listen
And this is how I can tell you have been paying attention. I think Jaskin has played himself into not being a trade piece. With his size and ability, he is ideal for how we playing. Jagr lite would be perfect for us.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:35 PM
smitty10

Quote:
I don't get it either. Sometimes we pretend that we want to let players develop and not write them off before they turn 22. Then you look at Kadri who many Leafs fans were proclaiming a bust and he's now untouchable. I have a feeling we'd write him off too, if he didn't produce immediately.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
shifting

I watch every game. Not saying he isn't good. I just don't know why he is one of the more sought-after players we have (from the other blues-leafs thread).

shifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
And this is how I can tell you have been paying attention. I think Jaskin has played himself into not being a trade piece. With his size and ability, he is ideal for how we playing. Jagr lite would be perfect for us.
Jaskin is an absolute stud. There is no way St. Louis trades him.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:39 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Jaskin is an absolute stud. There is no way St. Louis trades him.
Can't wait till next training camp, the dude already has a NHL body.

Jaskin-Berglund-Tarasenko

That could be one hell of a line for us.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:45 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
I watch every game. Not saying he isn't good. I just don't know why he is one of the more sought-after players we have (from the other blues-leafs thread).
I think perspective may be needed here. It's not that I feel that Schwartz is the best piece the Blues have, it's that I believe that he may be one of the better players available to us if we're talking about Bozak. Add to that the fact that we will need a centerman coming back, and it's the only deal that I can see making sense on both sides.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I think perspective may be needed here. It's not that I feel that Schwartz is the best piece the Blues have, it's that I believe that he may be one of the better players available to us if we're talking about Bozak. Add to that the fact that we will need a centerman coming back, and it's the only deal that I can see making sense on both sides.
Schwartz isn't a center, at least not with us, in college, and I think he was on the wing with Canada in the WJC as well. I know we've tried him at center sometimes in practice and some in the minors, but he has been on the wing in every game, so I don't really know how he would be at center.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
If the Leafs get Bozak for 3 mill per, they're getting a steal...with Grabbo at 5.5 mill per and Bozak higher on the depth chart, he's gonna want a bit more of the pie than 3 mill, methinks.
Then he can leave he's not worth it

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Probably because he's a player the Blues may move and the Leafs are likely looking to continue adding youth. I'd say he's more of a realistic target than other Blues assets.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
If Bozak wants 4M, the Blues can have him for free in the offseason.

For this season, unless we are totally out of it, nobody is getting trade.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Can't wait till next training camp, the dude already has a NHL body.

Jaskin-Berglund-Tarasenko

That could be one hell of a line for us.
What a line that would be. Wow.

Old
03-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Anth93

Bozak is a tough one.

Obviously he has deficiencies as a first line C, but for some miraculous reason Kessel and Lupul/JVR can do the heavy lifting offensively and all they ask of Bozak is to win faceoffs, keep up to their speed and be terrific defensively.

Would Kessel/Lupul/JVR play just as effectively with Kadri or Grabovski? Probably, but their defense would be worse and why change a good thing?

With that being said, there's only enough money for one of MacArthur or him as both are probably equal in value. I'd say a late 1st to a contender at the deadline is enough, but the Leafs could regret it fast.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Schwartz isn't a center, at least not with us, in college, and I think he was on the wing with Canada in the WJC as well. I know we've tried him at center sometimes in practice and some in the minors, but he has been on the wing in every game, so I don't really know how he would be at center.
Didn't know that, thanks! That changes what I would hope for in a return from St. Louis.

What would we realistically need to add to Bozak for Berglund? Available pieces would include: Kulemin, Gunnarson, Liles, 2nd round pick, any prospects outside of Rielly, and Finn.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:03 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Didn't know that, thanks! That changes what I would hope for in a return from St. Louis.

What would we realistically need to add to Bozak for Berglund? Available pieces would include: Kulemin, Gunnarson, Liles, 2nd round pick, any prospects outside of Rielly, and Finn.
I'd prefer Kulemin or Gunnarsson, probably Gunnarsson first though.

Do you really want to risk this turning into Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal all over again though.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Man Bear Pig

Trading Gunnar would be a dumb move for the Leafs. A quiet player, doesn't make many mistakes, decent at everything, cheap,still young etc. Wouldn't make sense to move him IMO.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Anth93

Gunnarsson isn't going to be included into a deal as an extra. The guy is far too good for that.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
I'd prefer Kulemin or Gunnarsson, probably Gunnarsson first though.

Do you really want to risk this turning into Steen/Colaiacovo for Stempniak deal all over again though.
That trade was so BS..still pisses me off. The only reason he was traded was because he wasn't a #1C...but we just forget how good he was defensively and chipped in offensively.

BAAAD trade.

He had one bad year and he was traded.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Add a piece that you think would make sense then.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
thinkinfeller

I also like Gunnarson and appreciate that he's quiet most nights because he doesn't make alot of mistakes, but if we were able to turn Bozak (UFA) and Gunnarson into Berglund, I think we need to pull the trigger.

Gardiner would be called up and we still have Liles and Komi rotting in the press box. The Leafs would add a potential #1C with size without creating any holes in their line-up.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

For some reason I forgot Bozak was a pending UFA, so it really doesn't make sense for us then.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Add a piece that you think would make sense then.
Well I'm not sure why we'd trade for Berglund.. He'd essentially be an even swap with Bozak. Sure we'd have him longer, but Bozak would resign here.
Quote:
I also like Gunnarson and appreciate that he's quiet most nights because he doesn't make alot of mistakes, but if we were able to turn Bozak (UFA) and Gunnarson into Berglund, I think we need to pull the trigger.

Gardiner would be called up and we still have Liles and Komi rotting in the press box. The Leafs would add a potential #1C with size without creating any holes in their line-up.
Yeah, but you have to ask yourself if the gap between Berglund and Bozak is enough to justify LOSING Gunnarsson..