HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal posted on Blues and Devils board

Old
07-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

I do NOT want to get rid of Ryder...

You just have to read my post carefully to see that at the opposite of some blind habs fans, I know that we have to give to receive. My point is that I would be ready to give Ryder in a trade for Rafalski.

I can't see how you turn my point to be a Ryder bashing thread...

If you are getting rid of Ryder whose what 26, for a soon to be 33 year old, small, well payed defenseman for your only guy whose scored 30 goals, that is questionable.

I am sorry, the lets trade Ryder and the lets forgive Ribeiro he's got so much potental comments has me wondering about the motives of the thread. We've seen them countless times already this summer.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:29 PM
catmanhabsfan

why give up a 30 goal guy for a defenceman? man people live to want to trade anybody away for the sake of doing something. ridiculous trade proposal. for a pronger maybe but rafalski? no thx. how about we keep our offence? hey heres an idea, instead of everyone whining were boring, lets have a fun exciting team for once? novel idea. besides, like rafalski will bring us a cup. lol our defence is fine as it is. maybe not sexy, but itll get the job done. our goaltending stunk first half last year, not our d. theyre so underated its retarded actually. i like my team as is. lets wait till next year to see where were missing, this years lineup is already better than lasts. itll be a fun season

catmanhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
If you are getting rid of Ryder whose what 26, for a soon to be 33 year old, small, well payed defenseman for your only guy whose scored 30 goals, that is questionable.

I am sorry, the lets trade Ryder and the lets forgive Ribeiro he's got so much potental comments has me wondering about the motives of the thread. We've seen them countless times already this summer.
Nash, I can only speak for myself here but I do like Ryder and feel he'll bounce back from an injury plagued sophomore jinxed season to a better all around performance next year.

That being said, I don't think we can dismiss the importance a guy like Rafalski would have on our offense. You lose a 30g scorer that's true, but you add a guy who'll probably be responsible for your key guys getting 3-4 more goals each than they would have had he not been here. I think if you take the slightest leep of faith in thinking the presence of Samsonov, Higgins and maybe one of Perezhogin or Kostitsyn can somewhat pick up the slack we end up on the winning side IMO. Plus Rafalski is insurance in case we're not able to re-sign Markov next year.

I don't know, maybe I like Rafalski too much, but to me he improves our overall offense by quite a margin.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:36 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Are you just making stuff up at will?

2003-04 MONT, NHL 81 25 38 63 26 10 10 0 4 215 11.63
2005-06 MONT, NHL 81 30 25 55 40 -5 18 0 6 243 12.35

2 seasons, 1st season 25 goals second season 30 goals . How does this make him INconsistant??? Above average passing skills???? He had more goals than assists last season...w-t-f are you talking about?
You make posts like this and you have the audacity to say we should stop saying things that make us look stupid ? You are the epitomy of the pot and kettle
Ohhhhhhh boyyyyyyy...

You're not gentle at all...

Ryder was invisible during a lot of games last season. That's what make him unconsistent...

Forget his 30 goals just a minute. That are just stats. We could also say that Bulis would have scored near than 30 goals if he played with the same players that Ryder. After all, he spent the majority of the season on the third line. He was also bench some games. However, he scored 20 goals and we let him go. Why? Because for some players, numbers only show the half of the game of a player...

I'm not a Ryder basher. But he has an average season last year PERIOD...

I don't see why you hate my posts that much. Maybe because you thought I was talking of you when I talked about stupid fans...

You were wrong. In fact, I didn't know you exist before today and I will forget your existence immediately after my post...

Welcome to my ignore list!!!

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Nash, I can only speak for myself here but I do like Ryder and feel he'll bounce back from an injury plagued sophomore jinxed season to a better all around performance next year.

That being said, I don't think we can dismiss the importance a guy like Rafalski would have on our offense. You lose a 30g scorer that's true, but you add a guy who'll probably be responsible for your key guys getting 3-4 more goals each than they would have had he not been here. I think if you take the slightest leep of faith in thinking the presence of Samsonov, Higgins and maybe one of Perezhogin or Kostitsyn can somewhat pick up the slack we end up on the winning side IMO. Plus Rafalski is insurance in case we're not able to re-sign Markov next year.

I don't know, maybe I like Rafalski too much, but to me he improves our overall offense by quite a margin.

I actually like Rafalski to, its just how much does he improve Montreals offense combined with the lose of Ryder. Rafalski is very good offensive and does a decent job defensively.

The guy is going on 33. If Montreal is gonna trade a young player, they need to get another one in return. While 33 isn't old, is it a wise investment for a 5-10 defenseman.

And i agree Montreal could use another puck mover. Guys like Dandenault and Bouillon are definitely upgradeable. I question if he is the answer at his age/contract with Montreal being a borderline playoff team.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:54 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Ohhhhhhh boyyyyyyy...

You're not gentle at all...

Ryder was invisible during a lot of games last season. That's what make him unconsistent...

Forget his 30 goals just a minute. That are just stats. We could also say that Bulis would have scored near than 30 goals if he played with the same players that Ryder. After all, he spent the majority of the season on the third line. He was also bench some games. However, he scored 20 goals and we let him go. Why? Because for some players, numbers only show the half of the game of a player...

I'm not a Ryder basher. But he has an average season last year PERIOD...

I don't see why you hate my posts that much. Maybe because you thought I was talking of you when I talked about stupid fans...

You were wrong. In fact, I didn't know you exist before today and I will forget your existence immediately after my post...

Welcome to my ignore list!!!
Oh gee, I'll try to sleep at night, I don't know if I'll make it

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 04:57 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
S owe would have two dmen at under 5"10'?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I actually like Rafalski to, its just how much does he improve Montreals offense combined with the lose of Ryder. Rafalski is very good offensive and does a decent job defensively.

The guy is going on 33. If Montreal is gonna trade a young player, they need to get another one in return. While 33 isn't old, is it a wise investment for a 5-10 defenseman.

And i agree Montreal could use another puck mover. Guys like Dandenault and Bouillon are definitely upgradeable. I question if he is the answer at his age/contract with Montreal being a borderline playoff team.
Well after looking into it Rafalski is only signed for one more year. I thought there were 2 years remaining on his contract. So that right there negates the insurance policy for Markov since he'll be a UFA next year too.

As far as age I feel Rafalski is the type of guy who'll be able to play at the same level for at the very least 3-4 more years. He's a guy who doesn't give or take much punishment and relies heavily on his skating and hockey sense. So while normally I would agree, especially for a slow-footed or physical Dman, in his case I don't.

Plus this team is young enough as is and again, if you believe, and that's probably the key element, that a combination of a rookie, Samsonov and an improved Higgins can pick Ryder's slack, you get your money's worth as far as I'm concerned.

Very debatable when you consider Rafalski will be a UFA in one year though I'll admit that.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 05:11 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
S owe would have two dmen at under 5"10'?
That would result in the collapse of the universe as we know it

Old
07-22-2006, 07:38 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz View Post
That would result in the collapse of the universe as we know it
NO but so many people are already complaining the team is small and or soft this would not exactly help.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Not interested, personally.

Rafalski is good, but we already have 6 D-men making at least $1.7M. Our primary need is a 1st or 2nd line centerman.

If we trade for a D, we need to trade one D away, so it's hard to assess this deal on its own without knowing the deal that goes with it, but Brian is not the answer to what ails us.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 09:04 PM
wholeshow*

rafalski is a great pp guy and a pretty smart player in the defensive area. i think the habs would be giving up too much for him though, but i'm surprised that some of you would want eric brewer instead? the guy is TERRIBLE. he's not very good offensively and gets beat more often one on one than souray. for a guy his size, he isn't that physical either. don't be fooled by his presence on the 2002 national team, he was only there because of kevin lowe.
atleast by getting rafalski you get a player that can generate offense with the absence of ryder...you'll also have his good defensive effort to compensate for the loss of aebischer. with brewer you get nothing,
just hype and potential.

but with that said, this ain't happening. i'd like to keep both ryder and aebischer, both serve a substantial purpose on this team now. i also have faith in our defense, who played bloody amazing in the playoffs (defensively atleast with the odd goal here and there) and were good in the reg season as well.

plus,
if a team iin cap trouble wants our best scorer? they'll have to overpay, we're not the desperate team they are.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 10:01 PM
toughstuff

WE need to keep Ryder if the return is not greater than this.

Rafalski his not the guy we are looking for. Especially if we have the cube with the club. Not two small guys.

toughstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2006, 10:50 PM
StanAjax

I like Rafalski a lot, but I don't think the proposal makes much sense for the Habs or the Devils.

It would create a hole on offense and a log-jam on defense (don't forget we still have 2 years of a Streit who can continue to improve).

And it wouldn't save that much money for NJ while downgrading their D.

If you want to trade for Rafalski I would see a Komisarek for Rafalski straight up making much more sense than this 3-way. Maybe we'd have to give a pick too, but Komisarek would help NJ save a couple millions of cap space while adding an NHL defenseman with lots of untapped potential and not much worse than Brewer at that point.

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote