Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Fantasy Hockey League (Keeper) 2013-14 Season 2

Old
02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
EastRiver

vCash: 500
Sully + vBurmi, I didn't have much time today so I only briefly went over each trade but I will send a counter offer on Tuesday or Wednesday when I have more time.

EastRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Alright, I'm always open to counter offers. FYI the player you said you didn't want to give up is on your trading block, so I was a little confused by that deal breaker.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
EastRiver

Interested in trading both Garrison + Kulikov for an improvement at RW or C.
I'd prefer to trade those D for F without including a group of players.

EastRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:27 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Wow. Unless the credit for any goals/assists are changed, Springfield Isotopes just beat Team RAMROD by 0.6 point to stay tied with me for first in the East. I was hoping Ramrod would help me out there

Old
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Haha, I remember last year I beat Duke (or Duke beat me) by 0.1 points. That was ridiculous.

03-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Basalt13

I was worried was down but about 5 points and saw the NYR/Buf game go to overtime so I popped on the stream and saw Lundqvist pull out the win in the shootout to pull me ahead

I not gonna have any more weeks that close, I got Skinner coming back to line up this week

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:20 AM
sully1410

****ing piss me off. That's two close loses almost in a row!

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Inflict
Viking

Was going through the league settings and had a few questions/suggestions:

Question: How will the playoff format work this year? Is it the top team in each division or just the top 4 teams?

Suggestion: Can we change the playoff format for next year to 6-8 teams?

Question: Is there going to be a trade deadline this year (has not been set so far)?

Last edited by Inflict: 03-04-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:12 AM
sully1410

Another question...can we trade for draft picks?

Old
03-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Hammer Slammer

I updated the trade deadline to April 3rd at 2pm CST. Same day as the NHL deadline.

Unfortunately 4 teams is the max for playoffs, probably has something to do with the uneven number of teams. The number of teams was my bad because I didn't expect so many to ditch.

Apparently we're only able to trade draft picks from the 2nd year on.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Basalt13

We should make more keepers, I thought when I joined it had said we were using 8 keepers, but right now its set at 4?

That is far to low for a keeper league imo.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
We should make more keepers, I thought when I joined it had said we were using 8 keepers, but right now its set at 4?

That is far to low for a keeper league imo.
Even though I'm very happy with my team I don't think it's fair to change it mid-year - guys may have drafted aging players in rounds 5-8 last year or made trades this year not thinking it'd affect their keepers. After next years draft (i.e. keeping 4 after this year, 8 after next year), with everyone aware of the change in advance, would be fine in my opinion but ultimately it's up to Hammer Slammer. It'd also allow people who didn't do well this year to get back in it and make the next draft more significant.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Basalt13

I had drafted under the understanding it was 8 keepers lol, I don't know when it was changed to 4.

Anyways, should be a good run down the stretch, it kind of sucks that only 1 team from each division makes playoffs, I see it coming down to the last week of the season and me squeaking out the win to make the playoffs

Old
03-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Inflict
Viking

Ward is out a few months with an injury. Anyone looking to trade one of their goaltenders?

I'd be willing to part with Vinny Lecavalier for a top 15 goaltender or one of Nash/Ovechkin/St.Louis/Brayden Schenn for a top 5 goaltender (basically a keeper pick trade).

Old
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Hammer Slammer

I can update the keeper amount, would like to hear from others if they would/wouldn't like a change made.

I like 4 - too many and the subsequent drafts become boring.

Just keep in mind this is my first year doing this on a whim so I messed a few things up. I should have cut the teams down to an even number when people dropped out, for starters.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I can update the keeper amount, would like to hear from others if they would/wouldn't like a change made.

I like 4 - too many and the subsequent drafts become boring.

Just keep in mind this is my first year doing this on a whim so I messed a few things up. I should have cut the teams down to an even number when people dropped out, for starters.
I liked vBurmi's idea about switching the keeper limit next year. I wouldn't use 8 though. Draft picks would become practically useless. I say we compromise at 5.

Edit: Do we plan on adding an extra team next year or are we going to stick with 19 teams? Just curious on how the draft would work if we did add someone.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
I had drafted under the understanding it was 8 keepers lol, I don't know when it was changed to 4.

Anyways, should be a good run down the stretch, it kind of sucks that only 1 team from each division makes playoffs, I see it coming down to the last week of the season and me squeaking out the win to make the playoffs
It always showed 4 so that's what I worked with. I'm not against switching after the next draft but there's no way it's fair to switch before that. Again, it's not unfair to me, I'm in first , but it's definitely unfair for people who having been working under the posted rules all season. Even then, I agree with Inflict: 8 seems like a lot and really minimizes the draft, discourages trades (non-keeper trades are easier than keeper trades), etc. 6 seems reasonable IMO.

Agreed on the playoff format, it's a shame one of us will miss and likely a weaker team from another division will make it. Also, I beat you last time we matched up so I wouldn't get too cocky about the final week

Old
03-04-2013, 12:13 PM
sully1410

I'm tanking...so I have my four keepers for next season. I think that more then four makes the drafts boring.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Ward is out a few months with an injury. Anyone looking to trade one of their goaltenders?

I'd be willing to part with Vinny Lecavalier for a top 15 goaltender or one of Nash/Ovechkin/St.Louis/Brayden Schenn for a top 5 goaltender (basically a keeper pick trade).
I think one of any of those players is worth a goalie between 6-20 but not top 5.

I have Bobrovsky for sale, he not a top goalie but he will get you starts which will get you points. (Also I not saying for one of those players) Make me a offer if interested.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
It always showed 4 so that's what I worked with. I'm not against switching after the next draft but there's no way it's fair to switch before that. Again, it's not unfair to me, I'm in first , but it's definitely unfair for people who having been working under the posted rules all season. Even then, I agree with Inflict: 8 seems like a lot and really minimizes the draft, discourages trades (non-keeper trades are easier than keeper trades), etc. 6 seems reasonable IMO.

Agreed on the playoff format, it's a shame one of us will miss and likely a weaker team from another division will make it. Also, I beat you last time we matched up so I wouldn't get too cocky about the final week
I could have sworn I saw it was 8 somewhere maybe I thinking of a different league I was thinking of joining, anyway, I think switching it to 6 next year would be good. Also with the inactivity in this league I see dropping down to maybe 16 teams as a good idea. Def not increase.

Yes you beat me and handed me my first (and going to be only loss ) I was winning till the last day when your guys performed and mine choked, but I took that loss and improved my team so rematch will be different

Old
03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Dropping some inactive teams would definitely help the competition level and balance out the increase in keepers.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Hammer Slammer

I'm definitely eyeing about 3 different teams that haven't made any moves since we started. I'll try to send emails to them tonight. I'd be scared to drop the teams outright since I'd assume the players would be thrown to waivers and we'd all go crazy.

We'll have to talk it over when we're ready. Dropping 3 teams to go to an even 16 would work much better, maybe best if it's for next year. If we could delete the teams and have their players in next year's draft I'd be okay with that.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm definitely eyeing about 3 different teams that haven't made any moves since we started. I'll try to send emails to them tonight. I'd be scared to drop the teams outright since I'd assume the players would be thrown to waivers and we'd all go crazy.

We'll have to talk it over when we're ready. Dropping 3 teams to go to an even 16 would work much better, maybe best if it's for next year. If we could delete the teams and have their players in next year's draft I'd be okay with that.
Yes I talking about in offseason, not right now, has to be done so there players end up in draft.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
tbcwpg

My goaltending has been a disaster this season. Cam Ward going down is my first lucky break, since I have Ellis.

tbcwpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Basalt13

We need managers on and active to veto a trade that is laughable. Honestly either OhioJets is completely dumb (which I don't see how its possible to be) Or this is an obvious player dump.

The trade is
Ilya Bryzgalov, Phi G 107points so far this season
Brent Burns*, SJ D (IR) 1.2points so far this season
Erik Johnson, Col D (DTD) 5.5points so far this season

in return for

Thomas Vanek, Buf LW (DTD) 93.7 points so far this season
P.K. Subban, Mon D 42.3 points so far this season
Joni Pitkanen, Car D (DTD) 19 points so far this season
Semyon Varlamov, Col G 84.4 points so far this season

This is essentially a swap of even goaltenders in worth, and dropping Vanek, Subban and Pitkanen for players who are worth less then 30 FA's who are available.