HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: The Sid, Fleury, & Geno Show (Pens vs. Lightning)

Old
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
PensFan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
only he didn't get boarded. he tried checking a Lightning player and got knocked on his ass. that's what i remember seeing. maybe he got hit differently but he didn't get boarded by any stretch of the imagination. i suggest you find the clip of the play and re-watch it.
I would like to rewatch it to see what happened, but really don't give a crap enough to look for it.

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1004

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:06 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Boucher on the turnover which led to Malkin's goal: "We gave Malkin the puck at our blue line. Might as well put the gun to our heads."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/#ixzz2MdPjzEWp
ROFL . . . I think Boucher has seen enough of Geno in the last 14 months to last him a lifetime.

Oh, forgot to add something in my previous posts: Tyler Kennedy really ******* sucks, as in he sucks so ******* bad that I have to limit myself to saying that Tanner Glass only sort of ******* sucks.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM
MtlPenFan

+ Lovejoy with a lovely **** up in the Ducks game.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
+ Lovejoy with a lovely **** up in the Ducks game.
Bylsma appears on hologram . . . 'you've been trained well, my young apprentice'.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Agreed. I can't hardly think of a single good scoring opportunity that Tampa had after the Pens took the lead. Not a single one.
Pretty much everyone here are being specific about the SECOND PERIOD, and whereas I agree that we controlled the third period really well for the majority, you and M4WZ are (willfully?) being blind little mice if you do not see how easily Tampa came to great chances in the second - as well as a couple of times in the first .

I do not say this to hype Fleury's performance, because to be honest he did no more than we should expect (and when he does that and gets a W, I will always give him a plus).
Rather, I say it because it is the same pattern continuing, where we we just lack basic structural integrity. We own the territorial advantage, as well as creating more shots and chances, in most hockey games (that was also true against the Flyers last spring, all games but one).
But we do so by taking too many risks, and paying too little attention to defensive support. That goes (for instance) for D-men stepping up while forwards are not picking up assignments to allow that; it goes for forwards being off to the races as a group leaving consistently occurring 3 on 2s when the breakout pass does not connect, it goes for defenders boxing out too aggressively or following forwards behind the net with their D-partner and low forwards not getting to the front of the net... and just lots of details not being attended to.

I am not saying this doesn't happen on other teams, but it happens a horrible lot on the Pens, and it is negating the skating advantage our D has on most teams in the league.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Pretty much everyone here are being specific about the SECOND PERIOD, and whereas I agree that we controlled the third period really well for the majority, you and M4WZ are (willfully?) being blind little mice if you do not see how easily Tampa came to great chances in the second - as well as a couple of times in the first .

I do not say this to hype Fleury's performance, because to be honest he did no more than we should expect (and when he does that and gets a W, I will always give him a plus).
Rather, I say it because it is the same pattern continuing, where we we just lack basic structural integrity. We own the territorial advantage, as well as creating more shots and chances, in most hockey games (that was also true against the Flyers last spring, all games but one).
But we do so by taking too many risks, and paying too little attention to defensive support. That goes (for instance) for D-men stepping up while forwards are not picking up assignments to allow that; it goes for forwards being off to the races as a group leaving consistently occurring 3 on 2s when the breakout pass does not connect, it goes for defenders boxing out too aggressively or following forwards behind the net with their D-partner and low forwards not getting to the front of the net... and just lots of details not being attended to.

I am not saying this doesn't happen on other teams, but it happens a horrible lot on the Pens, and it is negating the skating advantage our D has on most teams in the league.
Choir says 'hi'.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

James.... Come out and play.....

First period... Oh, there you are, moving your feet and looking like a dominant PF causing chaos every shift.

... But then ...

James... come out and play...

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:15 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

First period... Oh, there you are, moving your feet and looking like a dominant PF causing chaos every shift.

... But then ...

So, THAT was what Geno was muttering to himself as he ragged the puck in the offensive zone corner in the third against three Bolts for about 30 seconds on a shift tonight.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:16 PM
KHstrike

Overall MUCH better team effort. It seemed like they were playing for a new head coach trying to install a new system. They were trying, but not quite there.

KHstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:17 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

... But then ...

Yea, thanks, when you see something that I see, I feel better.

He had a great 1st period, no clue why he just disappeared after. So disappointing.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:19 PM
SirBrad

players point totals looking crazy so far...per 82 game pace:

Crosby - 128
Kunitz - 100
Malkin - 99
Letang - 86
Neal - 78

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Tanner Glass - You have to be really bad for the fans at CEC to start booing you and they have. I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy get the Dominic Moore treatment and be shipped out of town around the deadline if possible. He just hasn't fit here.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:23 PM
SirBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Tanner Glass - You have to be really bad for the fans at CEC to start booing you and they have. I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy get the Dominic Moore treatment and be shipped out of town around the deadline if possible. He just hasn't fit here.
I wouldn't be shocked either. He hasn't fit in at all, and the 4th line definitely needs a shakeup. Vitale is staying and they love Adams obviously. Glass needs to go.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
I wouldn't be shocked either. He hasn't fit in at all, and the 4th line definitely needs a shakeup. Vitale is staying and they love Adams obviously. Glass needs to go.
I honestly dont understand why farnham or sill havent even gotten a look on the 4th line. Who cares if we have 3 rookies on the roster(ot counting sunshine for the time being). As far as i can remember la carried 4 rookies into the playoffs and won the cup. Plus they were instrumental in the win. Martinez, voynov, king and nolan right

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:27 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Honestly, if they waived Glass AND Kennedy, then I wouldn't care. If anything, it would be addition by subtraction.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Yea, thanks, when you see something that I see, I feel better.

He had a great 1st period, no clue why he just disappeared after. So disappointing.
There is no reason he can't be that player every ****ing game.

He could be the best PF in the game if he just gave 100% every shift.

Play James. Just play.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Ya him and Vitale has been so bad. I know theirs allot of love for Vitale on here but Vitale and Glass are each minus 8 they dont even play that many minutes. Every time our 4th line is out their its like a pp for the other team their trapped in our own end the entire shift. Shero needs to do something about this u can get 4th line guys that can help you for late round draft picks.

cheesedanish87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Trade him to Minnesota for big Mike Rupp.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:31 PM
KIRK

Quote:
There is no reason he can't be that player every ****ing game.

He could be the best PF in the game if he just gave 100% every shift.

Play James. Just play.
Jiggy, Neal hasn't really played a power game since he got suspended in Dallas for boarding Derek Dorsett.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
I honestly dont understand why farnham or sill havent even gotten a look on the 4th line. Who cares if we have 3 rookies on the roster(ot counting sunshine for the time being). As far as i can remember la carried 4 rookies into the playoffs and won the cup. Plus they were instrumental in the win. Martinez, voynov, king and nolan right
Farnham is only on an AHL deal, they'll probably wait until the offseason to sign him once some of the other contracts are off the books. Guys like Phillippe Dupuis have less than zero chance of being retained.

Farnham is going to push hard for a spot on the 4th line next year.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
At this point I'd give anyone a shot in favor of Glass (would like to see Farnham) . He just has done nothing here. On the positive, he hasn't stood out as being bad, but he just hasn't done a damn thing.

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
ScOrpik

Kunitz is quietly leading the league in +/- with a +17..

ScOrpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
SteelFish87*

+'s - Sid, Geno, Letang, Fleury.

-'s - Neal

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post

We're not being willfully blind. This game is simply one of those ones where people are looking for something to whine about.

I suggest you watch the Phoenix game right now, or the Jersey game earlier that I kept flipping to. Hell, I suggest you watch a replay of Detroit and Chicago yesterday afternoon, where I watched every second and witnessed prime scoring chances by BOTH sides despite how well "coached" they are. Crawford was amazing in the third period yesterday.

Teams are going to give up chances to score. Were that not the case, everyone would be paying their goalies minimum wage and relying on perfect defense to win.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote