HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Kings: The "Bad Hockey Team" Edition

Old
03-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Preds33

vCash: 500
At least it's not a shutout. And now Bourque has scored more goals than anyone on this team.

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Nitrous Mafia

nice

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:52 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

So what the **** is happening? I leave the house for work after the 1st period and it's 0-0. I listen to part of the 2nd on the radio and check at end of 2nd period and it's only 1-0. Now it's ****ing 5-0? What the **** is happening in the 3rd period?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
So what the **** is happening? I leave the house for work after the 1st period and it's 0-0. I listen to part of the 2nd on the radio and check at end of 2nd period and it's only 1-0. Now it's ****ing 5-0? What the **** is happening in the 3rd period?
i was watching the whole time and i couldn't even tell you

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Legwand fell asleep.

Josi with an awful rookie turnover.

Their 4th line out grinded ours.

Erat took a penalty.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
so what the **** is happening? I leave the house for work after the 1st period and it's 0-0. I listen to part of the 2nd on the radio and check at end of 2nd period and it's only 1-0. Now it's ****ing 5-0? What the **** is happening in the 3rd period?
the meltdown is now complete

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:56 PM
RomanEmpire

Will the sellout streak end Friday?

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
I am supposed to be at that game, but at this point I don't know if it is worth going.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM
RomanEmpire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
we played predator hockey.
fyp.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Well at least it wasn't a shutout.

What were people saying about Mason after giving up 6 to Colorado on 18 shots? Yeah...this is worse.

Bad game from most of the team. We are in a terrible funk.

Poor defense. Poor offense. And even poor goaltending. Just a **** game.

Is a trade worth it in this crap partial season? I'd rather bring up some Milwaukee guys and send folks like Erat and Legwand (yes, even over Fisher) to the bench as healthy scratches to send a message.

We're not far out of playoff position (but obviously losing ground fast)...it's all bunched up this year. I can't say I would be all that pissed if THIS was our bad year and missed the playoffs to get a better draft pick.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Absolutely not. I believe Friday and Saturday are already so close to being sold out this won't matter.

Is it finally time for a shakeup with this team/management staff? Maybe it is. Remember how well the Blues did after bringing in hitchcock?

Old
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Common sense?

The better question would be, why would someone want to give us a good offensive player?
From the games I have watched, seeing a guy like Kostitsyn carrying the puck tonight over the blue line (with a play/pass to make, HAS to dump the puck in instead....the "Predators Way". If you have possession on the puck and can make a play....you make it. Dumping it in, now you have a 50/50 chance of regaining possession.
I point this out because there ar e some skilled guys on your team but with the "system" you play does not allow for it.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
We pulled the goalie for the 3rd. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
We pulled the goalie for the 3rd. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.
Pulled him halfway through the 3rd. After it was 5-0

Old
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
From the games I have watched, seeing a guy like Kostitsyn carrying the puck tonight over the blue line (with a play/pass to make, HAS to dump the puck in instead....the "Predators Way". If you have possession on the puck and can make a play....you make it. Dumping it in, now you have a 50/50 chance of regaining possession.
I point this out because there ar e some skilled guys on your team but with the "system" you play does not allow for it.
Very true. I'm not sure a trade would even matter at this point. The guys we have aren't playing well. Bringing someone in will just infect them with our funk.

Old
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I've said since before this joke of a season started to not take anything too serious this year. I stand by that. If we suck, we suck. Now is the perfect time to make a big change though whether it's players or coaching. Get ready for a great looking draft and a real season next year. I really think now is the time. Something has to wake these guys up.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:03 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I think we trade and stock up on draft picks. Rebuild this team and bring up some Admirals. Atleast they will try, I think.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
You must not watch us a whole lot, because we probably carry it in half the time. It depends on the situation. You know...like with most teams.

A lot of people who accuse us of being a dump and chase team are the same ones who accuse us of being a trap team.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
I've said since before this joke of a season started to not take anything too serious this year. I stand by that. If we suck, we suck. Now is the perfect time to make a big change though whether it's players or coaching. Get ready for a great looking draft and a real season next year. I really think now is the time. Something has to wake these guys up.
I don't buy that Cubs philisophy. There are no throw away seasons. There need to be some large changes in this team and a great draft does nothing to ice a competitive team next year.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:07 AM
predfan24

SK74 and Legwand are freaking jokes. Not moving their legs at all. I've been disgusted with those two's effort for awhile now. A guy like Clune might not be a NHL level player but he is creating more chances than those two right now due to his tenacity.

This team is in shambles right now.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:09 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Pulled him halfway through the 3rd. After it was 5-0
I was implying that we played without a goalie in net for the 3rd.

Quote:
I think we trade and stock up on draft picks. Rebuild this team and bring up some Admirals. Atleast they will try, I think.
If things continue as they are, I tend to agree. Unfortunately, I imagine most of what we can/will trade isn't worth more than a 2nd/3rd round pick. At least with the way they're playing.

Erat, Fisher, Legwand, and Gaustad all have NTCs. That doesn't leave much to work with (I'd rather trade vets than young guys at this point).

Old
03-05-2013, 12:13 AM
deansredhalo

You mean to tell me we have a bunch of aging, overpaid veterans who are underperforming? Well, I never.

deansredhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:14 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
I don't buy that Cubs philisophy. There are no throw away seasons. There need to be some large changes in this team and a great draft does nothing to ice a competitive team next year.
I just meant due to a half season and with attendance at an all time high. Fans will demand something be done.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Good point. As much as a great draft pick can be enticing, what good will that really do us? What if our draft pick ends up with a freak injury and never makes the NHL? Not to mention, what kind of free agent will want to sign with a team who finishes this low?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:18 AM
NoNecksCurse

do not do any trades! this season is shortened... we won't be contenders regardless.. just sell at the deadline... stock up on picks and bring up the young guys. our franchise can handle a bad season... were almost half through and still sold out every game... we will be fine... but these worthless twats in invisible man, lord farquaad, eeeeeeerat, gaustad, gill, hannan need to go to start fresh

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote