HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Kings: The "Bad Hockey Team" Edition

Old
03-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

vCash: 500
Well, it will be interesting to see what happens next. Complete shake up of lines (which won't make a difference) or new coach/management. Good luck. I will keep watching and cheering when I can, but feel like big changes need to be made!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I just meant due to a half season and with attendance at an all time high. Fans will demand something be done.
I understand where your coming from. Protecting the fanbase is still critical. If its Trotz or Poile one or both need to be held accountable. I like them both and have never been oe to call for either to be fired. But this mess did not happen overnight. Due to NTC's and poor production theres little that can be done at this point. But if im not mistakend they will be allowed to shed three contracts under the new CBA now the question would be who? And how do you convice a couple RFA's to sign here.

The whole situation is a big mess.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:23 AM
thecloser

I'm not buying into the whole rebuild and stock on draft picks thing. I do agree though that some of afore mentioned players need to be on their way out.

After advocating making some moves this season, I now want to say I do not know what we should do. I want to shake things up player wise but I'm not sure if this partial season is the right time to do it.

And as far as free agency goes.....??? Loss for words.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
dknash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Erat, Fisher, Legwand, and Gaustad all have NTCs. That doesn't leave much to work with (I'd rather trade vets than young guys at this point).
That's inexcusable. Not so much Erat (who I hope is playing through some injury and is about to return full strength, otherwise...), but the other three represent quite the financial commitment that combines to significantly limit the team's offensive potential.

dknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
deansredhalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknash View Post
That's inexcusable. Not so much Erat (who I hope is playing through some injury and is about to return full strength, otherwise...), but the other three represent quite the financial commitment that combines to significantly limit the team's offensive potential.
Yeah, the absolutely terrible manner in which this team has been built, handled, and structured is finally rearing its ugly head. We may be bad for a while.

deansredhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:41 AM
dknash

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansredhalo View Post
Yeah, the absolutely terrible manner in which this team has been built, handled, and structured is finally rearing its ugly head. We may be bad for a while.
Two contract amnesties to play with. Doesn't really feel like a Preds move though (wasting money on players and it doesn't help get to the salary floor? Huh?!).

But if you want to upgrade at center, then what do you do with guys who have a NTC? It almost has to happen unless they find someone that will take the contracts and the player agrees to.

dknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:48 AM
deansredhalo

The NTC really handcuffs us.

deansredhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:27 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

In the 15 or whatever years I've been watching the Predators, I can't really recall a time that I've seen the team quit like they did after the third Carter goal.

Like...sure, they weren't going to win, but it's always been a play to the final horn team. When Carter got his hat trick, you could see a physical change. No one(outside of maybe Gabby Bourque) put an ounce of effort in, after it went to 3-0.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:21 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
You must not watch us a whole lot, because we probably carry it in half the time. It depends on the situation. You know...like with most teams.

A lot of people who accuse us of being a dump and chase team are the same ones who accuse us of being a trap team.
That's true. There's no question that we often dump when the forward is about to get his clock cleaned and has no other choice.

But we also dump a LOT when we don't have to. Last night, after a 4-on-4, we were getting ready to get a man out of the box, giving us a brief powerplay. What'd we do right before he came out? We dumped the puck to the Kings.

What I'd like to see us do more often is to pass backwards. If you go to the line and it's closed up or you have no support, pass it back, reset and hit the line with some speed. That's what the talented teams do a LOT more than us. I guess perhaps our coaches don't trust our puck handling enough for that.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

carters 2nd hattrick against the preds in 2 years... have we had a player do that recently? doubtful.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
carters 2nd hattrick against the preds in 2 years... have we had a player do that recently? doubtful.
Not only that but when it was suggested that he is a player we should look at getting many on here said that he would be a cancer. He really hurt LA last year...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
token grinder

Quote:
nope. but he is 1-1 in those games.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Not only that but when it was suggested that he is a player we should look at getting many on here said that he would be a cancer. He really hurt LA last year...
I wrote a pretty lengthy blog over at the Predatorial about acquiring him, and was generally met with "DO NOT WANT!" "CANCER!" "BRUTAL CONTRACT!"

28 goals in 55 games since the trade and a stanley cup later...maybe it wasn't such a bad idea?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Do we get the Carter that won a Cup or the Carter that made an embarrassment out of the Columbus Blue Jackets?

Either way we didn't have the assets to beat others in a deal. Hard to top Couturier + Voracek.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Jarnberg

It isn't so much whether or not we could have gotten him. It's that our fans are very quick to dismantle any type of scoring player. Also see Semin. It wouldn't be surprised if this is Poile's logic too.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:25 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I really wanted us to get Semin.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:55 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
nope. but he is 1-1 in those games.

its a team game, he was on the blue jackets for that 1 loss... not his fault

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
token grinder

Quote:
its a team game, he was on the blue jackets for that 1 loss... not his fault
I just remember trotz post game talking about him specifically quitting after he got the third goal.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote