HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter "Only Scores in Blowouts"

Old
03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I personally never understood people following players rather than teams. But it happens quite a bit in all sports. I still follow players like JJ, Cammalleri, Lubo etc. but would never consider becoming active fans of their teams.

Watching the Kings win a championship last year was even more special because of everything we went through in years past.
For me it wasn't just one player, it was a culmination of a lot of things including bad management and living in the 70s. I didn't expect to watch much of the Kings games, especially since they're on so late but I like so many things about them from the announcers to the style of play to management having an actual vision. In Philly, Holmgren has never figured out that you don't have to spend every last cent under the cap. It cost the team more than once and he never learned from it.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:54 PM
funky

And scores crappy hat tricks

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:25 AM
MSRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
And scores crappy hat tricks

well this WAS a blowout...so its meaningless right

MSRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Not only does he score in blowouts...he scores on nights they give out free hats...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
Not only does he score in blowouts...he scores on nights they give out free hats...

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
jml87

Quote:
Well, he knows how much Richards loves hats, so I guess he thought he'd get his buddy some

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:55 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Typical Carter

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSRinkRat View Post
well this WAS a blowout...so its meaningless right
It was a blowout, but considering he scored the first three goals, he caused the blowout himself.

Is that what Philly fan meant when he only scores in blowouts? :/

03-05-2013, 02:11 AM
itstheo54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
It was a blowout, but considering he scored the first three goals, he caused the blowout himself.

Is that what Philly fan meant when he only scores in blowouts? :/
Must have been. He blows out teams alone so it doesn't count.

itstheo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Winger23

I'M seeing what they mean about him disappearing though, the dude took off the Vancouver game. I mean how dare he have a game and doesnt score....

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:44 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Last night's game confirms this.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:57 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Just think of all the kids in stands that got a free hat... Then Carter goes and scores a hat trick. What an evil and terrible person Jeff Carter is... He clearly hates children and wants to make them cry.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Carter blows

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:24 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I miss Jack Johnson!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:55 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstheo54 View Post
Must have been. He blows out teams alone so it doesn't count.
So not a team player.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
whskybarJM

His play was not the reason he was traded. In all honesty it was just time to go. Couple of reasons
Many of the flyers fans in their 20's were mad because carter probably took their girl in old city or at the shore.. (Yup)

I miss Richards, he would most likely still be here if he was not the captain but, As a flyers fan, I will take the 4 impact players for the two star impact players in Richards and carter

Carter can fly, he is legit out there.

I'm glad gagne and hextall got a cup. Not happy the other two nuts got a cup

whskybarJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Henkka

Looks like Carter is really back on track again. Scoring machine, kills penalties, screens shots, steals pucks, blocks shots, even wins faceoffs. Same that he was at Philadelphia. Very very dangerous player.

He is the second best pure goal scorer after Stamkos in the whole league. And better defensively. Huge part of your great team with a nice caphit.

This topic in funny, "scores only in blowouts", when he has 5 GWG at this season. Any other forward does not have more than 1.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

The problem with Carter and even more so Richards is that in Philly they were looked upon to be cornerstone, franchise players. Even with Giroux developing into a star, the perception was that it was still MR's team. He came to LA and was slotted in a second line role and clearly behind Kopitar, Doughty and Quick on the pecking order, I don't think that was ever going to happen for MR in Philly.

I think you only have to look to our rivals to the north to see what happens when you stick with certain players for to long. SJ could have traded Marleau and Thornton for a return similar or better than what Philly got a couple of years ago, but they stuck with them and now look, the window is closed and they didn't restock the system. Imagine having guys like Simmonds, Coutourier and Schenn to go along with Couture and Pavelski.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:21 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
The problem with Carter and even more so Richards is that in Philly they were looked upon to be cornerstone, franchise players. Even with Giroux developing into a star, the perception was that it was still MR's team. He came to LA and was slotted in a second line role and clearly behind Kopitar, Doughty and Quick on the pecking order, I don't think that was ever going to happen for MR in Philly.

I think you only have to look to our rivals to the north to see what happens when you stick with certain players for to long. SJ could have traded Marleau and Thornton for a return similar or better than what Philly got a couple of years ago, but they stuck with them and now look, the window is closed and they didn't restock the system. Imagine having guys like Simmonds, Coutourier and Schenn to go along with Couture and Pavelski.
I don't buy that that was an issue with Richards and Carter, or that they couldn't be those "cornerstone" players. They were the cornerstones of a team that went to OT in game 6 of the Finals... with Michael Leighton as the goalie. As 25 year olds.

The only reason to be disappointed with them as franchise players would be- and I think this was the case for some people here in Philly- if you were looking at Crosby and Malkin as the standard for franchise players. Those guys are going into the HOF. Crosby will be one of the best players ever if he stays healthy, so that's not a reasonable standard.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post
His play was not the reason he was traded. In all honesty it was just time to go. Couple of reasons
Many of the flyers fans in their 20's were mad because carter probably took their girl in old city or at the shore.. (Yup)

I miss Richards, he would most likely still be here if he was not the captain but, As a flyers fan, I will take the 4 impact players for the two star impact players in Richards and carter

Oh don't ask why...oh don't ask why

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I was bitter seeing Rob Blake win a Stanley Cup, I would be bitter seeing Ryan Smyth win it. I understand why CBJ fans were bitter seeing Carter win it, but those were totally different situations where the player acted totally unprofessional either on and/or off the ice, don't see how the MR or JC situation is anything like that. Both guys committed long term to being in Philly.

No idea why people care so much about how guys spend their time off the ice. Whether their interests are partying, real estate, the stock market, women, whatever.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
jml87

Quote:
I was bitter seeing Rob Blake win a Stanley Cup, I would be bitter seeing Ryan Smyth win it. I understand why CBJ fans were bitter seeing Carter win it, but those were totally different situations where the player acted totally unprofessional either on and/or off the ice, don't see how the MR or JC situation is anything like that. Both guys committed long term to being in Philly.

No idea why people care so much about how guys spend their time off the ice. Whether their interests are partying, real estate, the stock market, women, whatever.
Many people still believe that Carter and Richards didn't try hard enough to get Philly a cup and they fooled around too much. Plus, people believing that they would never win a cup, period. Selective memory I guess.

It's akin to seeing an old girlfriend/boyfriend go on to get married and be happy after you dumped them maybe?

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Oh don't ask why...oh don't ask why
Why not? HAHA

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whskybarJM View Post

Since Dingo said not to now I have to ask. Why? Oh why? Dying to know..

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Henkka

Another GWG for Carter. He has league leading 6 GWG now.

Man, he is a clutch.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote