HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2013 Draft Thread: Not Winnin' For #(??)...

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Luceni

vCash: 500
My dream would be that we move Pominville to Florida or to the jackets for their first rounder and a solid prospect.

Then we draft McKinnon or Drouin and with our pick we take Nurse.

Then we trade away Stafford and Leopold to the Islanders for Grabner and a pick.

Then we buy out Leino, then we would have plenty of cap space to go aggressive for some ufas (smith).

Vanek - Hodgson - Armia
Foligno - Ennis - Grabner
Ott - Grigorenko - Tropp
4th line

Smith - Ehrhoff
Sekera - Myers
Pysyk - McNabb
Weber

Old
03-05-2013, 02:20 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
My dream would be that we move Pominville to Florida or to the jackets for their first rounder and a solid prospect.

Then we trade away Stafford and Leopold to the Islanders for Grabner and a pick.

Then we buy out Leino, then we would have plenty of cap space to go aggressive for some ufas (smith).

Vanek - Hodgson - Armia
Ott - Grigorenko - Tropp
4th line

Smith - Ehrhoff
Sekera - Myers
Pysyk - McNabb
Weber
In what world is Pominville worth #1 or #2 overall AND a top prospect, let alone 1 or 2 overall?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:33 AM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
In what world is Pominville worth #1 or #2 overall AND a top prospect, let alone 1 or 2 overall?
Beat me to it.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Luceni

Quote:
So you don't think that a consistent 70 pointscorer is worth a top 3 overall pick and a solid prospect like pysyk or catenacci?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:52 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
So you don't think that a consistent 70 pointscorer is worth a top 3 overall pick and a solid prospect like pysyk or catenacci?
No, I don't. Even though you worded it to say that you'd want the top pick and a prospect coming our way, I don't think Pominville and Pysyk gets you#1 overall, no.

Neither does Poms+Grigs.

It's just not how it works. Not for Jones or Nate or Drouin

Old
03-05-2013, 02:57 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
No, I don't. Even though you worded it to say that you'd want the top pick and a prospect coming our way, I don't think Pominville and Pysyk gets you#1 overall, no.

Neither does Poms+Grigs.

Pominville and Grigs is definitely worth a top 3 pick.Grigs is one of the best prospects in the game and Pominville is a top 10 RW who plays both ends and scores 65-70 points consistently.No way are those 2 inferior to a top 3 pick.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:00 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Pominville and Grigs is definitely worth a top 3 pick.Grigs is one of the best prospects in the game and Pominville is a top 10 RW who plays both ends and scores 65-70 points consistently.No way are those 2 inferior to a top 3 pick.
I don't agree.

You're not getting one of those three prospects for Pominville and Grigorenko. These teams like CBJ and FLA are trying to find that franchise face. Grigorenko is a question mark. Jones and MacKinnon and Drouin aren't viewed as projects.

And my god does this board overrate Pominville defensively.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:03 AM
Luceni

Quote:

Neither does Poms+Grigs.

Only on hfboards....

...McKinnon, Drouin or Jones are far away from being consistent 70 pt scorer in the NHL. They aren't safe bets. All three are still kinda prospects with high potential but they have got a lot to learn.

I think Pominville and our best center prospect would be way too much for a top 3 pick.

The more I'm talkin about drouin or McKinnon the more I would like us to tank. but we're hunting that 9th place.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:05 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Only on hfboards....

...McKinnon, Drouin or Jones are far away from being consistent 70 pt scorer in the NHL. They aren't safe bets. All three are still kinda prospects with high potential but they have got a lot to learn.

I think Pominville and our best center prospect would be way too much for a top 3 pick.

The more I'm talkin about drouin or McKinnon the more I would like us to tank. but we're hunting that 9th place.
Only on the Sabres board would someone think you're getting a top three pick for Jason Pominville and a prospect.

please

the infrequency with which top three picks are dealt....

Old
03-05-2013, 03:08 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Only on hfboards....

It would be a blunder for the ages for a team in that position to make a trade like that. Teams that are at the bottom aren't in a position to add a 30 year old winger who is one year from free agency for a potential franchise player with 6 years of club control.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Only on the Sabres board would someone think you're getting a top three pick for Jason Pominville and a prospect.

please

the infrequency with which top three picks are dealt....
I agree with you, but you're acting like tha value of Luceni's deal is totally skewed, which it isn't.

A team like Calgary would consider Pominville + Grigorenko for a top 3 pick- i.e., a team under tremendous fan pressure to succeed and with a GM who is disillusioned into believing his team is still a contender.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Old Navy Goat

If Pominville was 24 / 25yo putting up those numbers than you could argue that his value + a sweetner would be in line with a top 3 pick. At his age, he's worth a 1st + sweetners from a team that's looking for their final piece in a cup run. A rebuilding franchise isn't going to move him for their high first. The Top 3 in this draft are enticing but its not like there's any generational talent in here that a team must have.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:11 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
I agree with you, but you're acting like tha value of Luceni's deal is totally skewed, which it isn't.

A team like Calgary would consider Pominville + Grigorenko for a top 3 pick- i.e., a team under tremendous fan pressure to succeed and with a GM who is disillusioned into believing his team is still a contender.
This is the real issue. It's not that Pominville + would always be off the mark value wise for a top 3 pick; it's that if a team is picking top 3 they're probably rebuilding and have no reason to take 30yo + inferior prospect over their potential franchise player.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
there are no worlds known

Old
03-05-2013, 10:56 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

Vanek - Hodgson - Armia
Ott - Grigorenko - Tropp
4th line

Smith - Ehrhoff
Sekera - Myers
Pysyk - McNabb
Weber
I assume by "Smith" you mean Smid...

Old
03-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:

Vanek - Hodgson - Armia
Ott - Grigorenko - Tropp
4th line

Smith - Ehrhoff
Sekera - Myers
Pysyk - McNabb
Weber
That is certainly a dream, because I can't see any GM of a team picking in the top-5 willing to give up their 1st rounder (plus something else!) for Pominville while they're conscious.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
That is certainly a dream, because I can't see any GM of a team picking in the top-5 willing to give up their 1st rounder (plus something else!) for Pominville while they're conscious.
I think a team like Edmonton might be willing to move for a proven veteran if they continue to stumble. That rebuild is taking too long. Of course, we would probably have to add a significant piece, not the other way around.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
I don't agree.

You're not getting one of those three prospects for Pominville and Grigorenko. These teams like CBJ and FLA are trying to find that franchise face. Grigorenko is a question mark. Jones and MacKinnon and Drouin aren't viewed as projects.

And my god does this board overrate Pominville defensively.
Grigorenko is a question mark but the top 3 PROSPECTS in this upcoming draft aren't ok gotcha.

Sorry, but these Guys aren't Crosby level or even Stamkos level prospects. The difference between Grigs and them is nowhere near Jason Pominville who is a top 10 RW. It's funny, because Grigs isn't at a ppg this year he is a "question mark". From top prospect to question mark so quickly , just trade him since he will never become a top line center

Old
03-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Zip15

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I think a team like Edmonton might be willing to move for a proven veteran if they continue to stumble. That rebuild is taking too long. Of course, we would probably have to add a significant piece, not the other way around.
If Edmonton is in position to have a top-5 pick, they'd be better off retaining the pick and looking to add a winger like Horton in UFA where they wouldn't have to surrender seven years of player control over a high draft pick.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:29 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Grigorenko is a question mark but the top 3 PROSPECTS in this upcoming draft aren't ok gotcha.

Sorry, but these Guys aren't Crosby level or even Stamkos level prospects. The difference between Grigs and them is nowhere near Jason Pominville who is a top 10 RW. It's funny, because Grigs isn't at a ppg this year he is a "question mark". From top prospect to question mark so quickly , just trade him since he will never become a top line center
Grigs always had ? About his game, yes their is quite a gap between any of the top 4 and Grigs. Maybe none of them are at Crosby level but it wouldnt suprise me if MacKinnon becomes a 40-50 goal center.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
TheWook

Isn't Mackinnon sort of in the Stamkos mold?

Old
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWook View Post
Yes. The top 3 this year are all significant prospects.

03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
hizzoner

Hall, Eberle and Yakupov and RNH and Schultz--all hailed as the next GREAT. Maybe some day a couple of them will be NHL stars, maybe all of them, but I think Oiler fans expected more from all the hype around those guys. Prospects are fine--proven first line players are usually better. The grass is not always greener and all that glitters is not gold?

Old
03-05-2013, 05:28 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
Hall, Eberle and Yakupov and RNH and Schultz--all hailed as the next GREAT. Maybe some day a couple of them will be NHL stars, maybe all of them, but I think Oiler fans expected more from all the hype around those guys. Prospects are fine--proven first line players are usually better. The grass is not always greener and all that glitters is not gold?
None of those guys were considered the next great. They didn't have anywhere near the hype of Crosby or Tavares. MacKinnon is a better prospect than any of those players were when they were entering the draft and Drouin looks to be as well.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWook View Post
yes

best top prospects since Stamkos/Doughty

Closed Thread