HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toughness to montreal

Old
03-04-2013, 09:28 PM
ginovegas

vCash: 500
Clowe would fit the need

i'd also take on Parros, for a few games, like last night

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:02 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
It's debateable about not needing a goon. When Chara was putting the smackdown on Emelin, it wasn't a nice feeling knowing that there was nothing to be done about it. When Prust was hanging in for dear life, it wasn't a nice feeling. I ask you in game one of a series with the Bruins, if they decide to run Price and knock him out, we just hope to score enough goals on the ensuing 5 minute powerplay and hope for the best. I'd sooner have Carkner sitting in the press-box instead of Weber. After last nite Chara will be doing less policework because he is to valuable to sit for 17 minutes. Carkner and Macleod could help because they can play a few minutes without hurting us. Macleod replaces Armstrong and Carkner replaces Weber.
wrong wrong and wrong.

99% of the time it doenst matter who is on the ice or the bench, Chara responded the way he needed to for a cheap shot on Seguin by Emelin. What was there to be done about it? Nothing. Emelin got what he deserved. and the point you are missing here is this:

if there was no cheap shot on Seguin by Emelin, then there is no Chara beating him silly.

Prust and Lucic? this isnt the first time Prust has intiated a fight with Lucic. Dont intiate it, and it doesnt happen.

Mcquaid and Eller? Elller has no problem running his mouth and jousting with his sticl but he didnt drop the gloves, did he? so nothing there either.

Throntons questionable board of Subban? Moen, Armstrong, Prust, Bouilin (sp), i thought i heard Whites name mentioend once, is that still Ryam White? If there was going to be a response to anything, it should have been one of those guys reacting to Thorntons hit (and they are pretty much in the same weight class)

but bring up cases were your player either intiated the fight, or caused it from a cheap shot, seems a bit weird to me.

do you really think that if anyone on the candiens roster decided to intentionaly run Rask, that they would stop before hand and thinkg to themselves.... 'Well i might have to fight player X if i do this'. i've been of the opinion for a long time, if a player wants to do something blantant like that, they are just going to do it. it wont matter one bit to that person who is on the other team.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:52 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
wrong wrong and wrong.

99% of the time it doenst matter who is on the ice or the bench, Chara responded the way he needed to for a cheap shot on Seguin by Emelin. What was there to be done about it? Nothing. Emelin got what he deserved. and the point you are missing here is this:

if there was no cheap shot on Seguin by Emelin, then there is no Chara beating him silly.

Prust and Lucic? this isnt the first time Prust has intiated a fight with Lucic. Dont intiate it, and it doesnt happen.

Mcquaid and Eller? Elller has no problem running his mouth and jousting with his sticl but he didnt drop the gloves, did he? so nothing there either.

Throntons questionable board of Subban? Moen, Armstrong, Prust, Bouilin (sp), i thought i heard Whites name mentioend once, is that still Ryam White? If there was going to be a response to anything, it should have been one of those guys reacting to Thorntons hit (and they are pretty much in the same weight class)

but bring up cases were your player either intiated the fight, or caused it from a cheap shot, seems a bit weird to me.

do you really think that if anyone on the candiens roster decided to intentionaly run Rask, that they would stop before hand and thinkg to themselves.... 'Well i might have to fight player X if i do this'. i've been of the opinion for a long time, if a player wants to do something blantant like that, they are just going to do it. it wont matter one bit to that person who is on the other team.
you're wrong. if seguin would stop being a little ***** and man up
Chara wouldn't need to baby sit him on the ice for a little crosscheck..
And prust did go after lucic because lucic was involved in a scramble that
he shouldn't be. Anyway, soon Bergevin will get some physical gritty players
and it wont be ryan whites.. Prust wont be alone and watch. this nonsense
wont last long with you bruins.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:40 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
Dude, chillax. The Bruins are designed to be the very best at this game of bullying and violent intimidation. We will never go toe to toe against them; we best them by playing our game.

A tough guy (not in the freakish strong category like Scott) would help us gain am edge against teams like Philly and Toronto; but we cannot win this arms race against Boston, nor should we try to.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:49 AM
H a w k s

Carcillo for Moen. Done

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:30 AM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
How can he "man" up against a guy who don't you know has a metal plate in his head....
So Chara can't take on a smaller man but PK can continously go after a smaller Marchand??

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
if mike brown is worth a 4th, Boll is maybe worth a 3rd and nothing more. you might get a high third or a serviceable prospect from the habs. BJ's aren't making the playoffs and a 3rd in a deep draft is a nice return. Boll only played 5 mins yesterday
We recognize what he's probably worth. That sort of stretch is largely speculative. This may come as a shock, but Columbus doesn't actually really have all that much of a strong need to trade folks - we've got plenty of quality draft picks and plenty of quality futures and most of the deadweight is already gone.

So we're kind of banking on having a serious seller's market, and until current events prove otherwise that's driving planning.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
Interested in Ben Eager?
Apparently he is one of Edmonton's "untouchables" according to some Oiler fans. There was a whole thread of stupidity about it. Since he no longer fights, he is not wanted or needed by the Habs. Good thing, too, as he is now "untouchable". Unless we are willing to seriously over pay for this star.

So, "no", we do not want a 4th line guy who can not fight...especially one we have to overpay for (Eller was not enough to get him!).

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Clowe would fit the need

i'd also take on Parros, for a few games, like last night
Clowe is exactly the kid of player Bergevin will go after if he does not get a true heavyweight. Would a 3rd and Kristo get him from San Jose?

Old
03-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
wrong wrong and wrong.

I love the hypocrisy of a Bruins fan complaining about "cheap shots". Try watching your team and you will see tons of them. Lucic cross checking Moore, Ference hitting Halpern's in the jaw with his shoulder when the puck is 40 feet behind him and he isn't looking, Chara on Pacioretty, Marchand on any player in the NHL, Boychuk's on Mason, etc... The Bruins are built on intimidation and bullying tactics. Please do not whine when your team gets some of its own medicine back.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
It's debateable about not needing a goon. When Chara was putting the smackdown on Emelin, it wasn't a nice feeling knowing that there was nothing to be done about it. When Prust was hanging in for dear life, it wasn't a nice feeling. I ask you in game one of a series with the Bruins, if they decide to run Price and knock him out, we just hope to score enough goals on the ensuing 5 minute powerplay and hope for the best. I'd sooner have Carkner sitting in the press-box instead of Weber. After last nite Chara will be doing less policework because he is to valuable to sit for 17 minutes. Carkner and Macleod could help because they can play a few minutes without hurting us. Macleod replaces Armstrong and Carkner replaces Weber.
Boston a lot weaker team with those two in the box. Cost them 2 points

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:25 AM
KingRoy33

I wouldn't mind Carcillo maybe:

Mtl:
Carcillo

Chi:
Weber or + 5th rounder

KingRoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Clowe is exactly the kid of player Bergevin will go after if he does not get a true heavyweight. Would a 3rd and Kristo get him from San Jose?
Clowe plays has fallen off last couple of years. Why give up draft picks and good prospect for a guy who can basically only enforce? Cheaper avenues to acquire a tough guy

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:12 AM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Clowe plays has fallen off last couple of years. Why give up draft picks and good prospect for a guy who can basically only enforce? Cheaper avenues to acquire a tough guy
Clowe needs a change of scenery, MTL might just be the ticket to get him back to being one of the premier power forwards in the league...I think a Clowe/Galchenyuk/Eller line could be a wonderful thing in Habsland...Kristo + 3rd might work...or try to sell them on Leblanc.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Carcillo for Moen. Done
no sorry, moen is way more useful than Carcillo.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
wrong wrong and wrong.

So next game when Prust chases down Marchand and starts pummelling him, you'll defend it as part of the game?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:30 AM
knoxdown

I know a lot of Canuck fans make fun of him, but Dale Weise.

1. He is willing to hit and fight, even if the fighter is bigger and better.
2. Has shown the capability to play 10-15 minutes a game if needed.
3. Won fastest skater at canucks super skills competition.
4. Plays heavily defensive zone minutes.

He has proven his mettle in his year and a half with the team, not to mention his 40+ points in the dutch league during the lockout lol. He is far from useless is what I am saying.

knoxdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:08 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxdown View Post

He has proven his mettle in his year and a half with the team, not to mention his 40+ points in the dutch league during the lockout lol. He is far from useless is what I am saying.
thanks for the offer but no. Dale Weise is not the kind of guy the habs need.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
I see Clowe fitting the Habs needs.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:46 AM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
How can he "man" up against a guy who don't you know has a metal plate in his head....
So Chara can't take on a smaller man but PK can continously go after a smaller Marchand??
Pk leveled marchand. not the same. they have what 2 inch difference?
and fought big deal..
how much inches and weight does chara have compared to Emelin?
and btw chara fought many times in the NHL. Emelin never does..
your comparison is irrelevant...

Last edited by greenstickytoes: 03-05-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old
03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxdown View Post

Weise is a dime a dozen player and a below average fighter. Not exactly what the Habs need

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:56 AM
AwaKe

Jared Boll would be a great addition for the Habs, he'd be a good replacement for Moen imo... Id try to deal Moen to another team for a 2nd rounder as soon as possible and try to get Boll at the deadline for a 3rd or maybe even a 4th if were lucky.

Also Minnesota has a few interesting players that would fit in nice with the Habs. Zenon Konopka and Mike Rupp are two tough guys with low cap hit that can play alot of minutes. Matt Cullen is also a guy that could help come playoff time, he'd be a great rental player imo. And of course Clayton Stoner depending on the asking price. If the price is too high, I think Chad Larose could be cheaper if Carolina are out of the playoffs. Both are UFAs at the end of the season.

And finally if the Sabres are eliminated before the deadline, Id give them a call for John Scott. Id offer a late pick... 5th or later. He's also a UFA.

I think the team as the space for one of Rupp, Konopka or Boll. One rental like Cullen or Larose and one d-man, Stoner or Scott.

AwaKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
Typical bruins fan... First off yes your right pk does have a size difference with Marchand he's 3 inches and about 18 pounds heavier while Chara is 7 inches and 35 pounds heavier the Emelin but you are totally right exact same thing do some research before you waste everyone's time with posts that make no sense

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Typical bruins fan... First off yes your right pk does have a size difference with Marchand he's 3 inches and about 18 pounds heavier while Chara is 7 inches and 35 pounds heavier the Emelin but you are totally right exact same thing do some research before you waste everyone's time with posts that make no sense
also Emelin never even fought in the NHL i think...
Chara fought plenty of times.
Pk subban and Marchand both practically never fight.
so thats another point to prove where his dumb comparison
is irrelevant lolll
typical bruins fan haha.
i love how they try and turn the script around making habs look
like cheap shotters. when we have the smallest and most delicate
team in the nhl haha

Old
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
glenbuis

Jon Scott would be sweet even if was only for the rest of the season. He'd take that stupid look off Thornton's face. I would love to see him pound him into retirement. The Bruins would never let Chara fight Scott for obvious reasons. Lucic won't have his way with Scott and that would be a good trade-off for the habs. Then prust could deal with McQauid and Ferrence. I have a feeling Mcqauid won't be as cocky then. Let Scott run all over the ice like a nut ( just like Lucic) and see what happens then.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote