HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins place Zach Boychuk back on waivers (Claimed by Nashville)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 06:04 PM
  #701
SteelFish87*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Boychuk could've made the team, then he flubbed 4-5 prime scoring chances. He has no one to blame but himself. After that stuff happens all you do is prove why you were on waivers in the first place.
Agree. Oh well it was worth a shot

SteelFish87* is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:26 PM
  #702
st5801
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
How many players did we forcefully deal this year for minimal gain, after KNOWING full well we had a numbers issue heading into the off-season, BEFORE the lockout? And one of those players was lost for nothing. Boychuk will make it two.

Why are we waiving Boychuk? Could we not use a 23-year-old winger? He's clearly not ready to be a top-six winger, but can someone tell me with a straight face that he doesn't deserve at least a LOOK on RW next to Sutter (instead of the black hole sporting jersey No. 48)?

With guys like Tangradi and Boychuk, this organization had a No. 2 Line LW-or-bust mentality...as if everything is perfect on the third and fourth lines. Which is assinine. Tangradi's better than Tanner Glass, and it's not close, and Boychuk is better than Kennedy (if not Adams).

Jeffrey's next. Only a matter of time. We're a joke.
Boychuk is a dime a dozen player. We lost nothing by claiming him and we lose nothing by letting him go. The guy had a shot and did nothing to prove he was worth keeping around.

st5801 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
  #703
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCoffey View Post
The "SC contending lineup" hasn't made it past the second round in 3 years and just got embarrassed last year by their rivals. Proven or unproven, doesn't really matter.
Right. So why are people *****ing about releasing some waiver wire scrub? It would have been great if he worked out here, but he didn't. I am starting to question Shero's sanity though. We've had a hole in the top 6 for years, and he's tried to fill it with a revolving door of garbage.

Terrapin is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
  #704
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Transitional Period
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Shero gets an F for asset management this year, and it's not even close.
No offense intended, you are seriously losing it bud. You're talking about a kid who is clearly not NHL ready (physically), had trouble doing much of anything useful in the several games he played, and generally is not going ot help any team light it up anytime soon.

Yes I'm all for replacing Kennedy and if we had the ability to send Manchuk to WBS then great we could've done that and kept him but we didn't so he's gone most likely. That's life with low production high upside prospects in the NHL. Would you prefer we waive someone like Kennedy or Adams who could actually bring us a draft pick in a trade potentially?

Think your comments through here. There's nothing Shero did that 30 other GMs wouldn't have done in the same situation. If he's such a gem why did Rutherford cut him loose in the first place?

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:33 PM
  #705
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Could we not use a 23-year-old winger?
Sure. However, when that 23 year old winger is Zack Boychuk, no, we could not use him and neither will anyone else as soon as that "he was a first round pick once upon a time" lustre loses it's shine.

Undersized player who's not smart and doesn't battle. There is no place on Columbus for a guy like that, let alone Pittsburgh.

If there was value to this player, he wouldn't have been waived twice now.

billybudd is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:52 PM
  #706
Gustavo Fring
Analytics R4 nerds
 
Gustavo Fring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Worth the shot. I think he will end up back on waivers though.
Prophetic post from Jan 31st.

Gustavo Fring is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
  #707
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Right. So why are people *****ing about releasing some waiver wire scrub? It would have been great if he worked out here, but he didn't. I am starting to question Shero's sanity though. We've had a hole in the top 6 for years, and he's tried to fill it with a revolving door of garbage.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that in 2011 he traded for a guy who ended up a 1st Team All-Star, and tried to sign Zach Parise this past off-season.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:05 PM
  #708
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Nah, I'm pretty sure that in 2011 he traded for a guy who ended up a 1st Team All-Star, and tried to sign Zach Parise this past off-season.
If I tried to bang Kate Upton and failed, that wouldn't make me a stud.

Terrapin is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
  #709
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
If I tried to bang Kate Upton and failed, that wouldn't make me a stud.
but if you banged Mila Kunis not long before that...

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 07:45 PM
  #710
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
If I tried to bang Kate Upton and failed, that wouldn't make me a stud.
Right. Except you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
We've had a hole in the top 6 for years, and he's tried to fill it with a revolving door of garbage.
Bolded for emphasis.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
  #711
KHstrike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Boychuk isn't NHL ready. Not for the 2nd line or any line. Tangradi wasn't worth any more than the 7th round pick we got for him. Other than the 1st period against us that he actually showed some heart, he's done nothing since then. He has 0 points in wpg, and his TOI has been going down steadily. He's a bum, plain and simple. The few games he had this year he was behind the play, not battling, not anything!

KHstrike is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
  #712
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,285
vCash: 500
Hope he goes unclaimed. That's mean a good player for WBS and a potential option for next year.

Tender Rip is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 05:35 AM
  #713
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Hope he goes unclaimed. That's mean a good player for WBS and a potential option for next year.
no way Carolina won't claim him to send him to their AHL squad

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 06:01 AM
  #714
nhindian
Registered User
 
nhindian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Unbelievable that people are upset about this move. Yeah, he's shown flashes, but couldn't finish. Low compete level along the boards.

It's like when people were complaining about Tangradi. And he is..... still pointless with WPG.

nhindian is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 07:42 AM
  #715
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post
Unbelievable that people are upset about this move. Yeah, he's shown flashes, but couldn't finish. Low compete level along the boards.

It's like when people were complaining about Tangradi. And he is..... still pointless with WPG.
Exactly

Anyways I wouldn't mind him helping out he baby Pens if he goes unclaimed but I doubt Carolina doesn't pick him up

Le Magnifique 66 is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 07:47 AM
  #716
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Exactly

Anyways I wouldn't mind him helping out he baby Pens if he goes unclaimed but I doubt Carolina doesn't pick him up
I agree. per our beat writer.

Quote:
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Hearing the Canes will claim Boychuk off waivers. Badly needed in Charlotte with injuries to Dalpe, Nodl.
Since nobody else lower in the standings that the Pens claimed him the first time, I think he'll likely fall to the Canes this time and they'll claim him and send him to Charlotte. Who knows though, maybe injuries on a team lower in the standings will have someone put a claim on him (though I think that's unlikely)

Boom Boom Anton is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:29 AM
  #717
roready
Brink, Truth, Life
 
roready's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: iligbpa
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
At what time will Boychuk be claimed by Carolina or some other team?

In other words, how long does another team have to put in a waiver request?

roready is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
  #718
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
No offense intended, you are seriously losing it bud. You're talking about a kid who is clearly not NHL ready (physically), had trouble doing much of anything useful in the several games he played, and generally is not going ot help any team light it up anytime soon.

Yes I'm all for replacing Kennedy and if we had the ability to send Manchuk to WBS then great we could've done that and kept him but we didn't so he's gone most likely. That's life with low production high upside prospects in the NHL. Would you prefer we waive someone like Kennedy or Adams who could actually bring us a draft pick in a trade potentially?

Think your comments through here. There's nothing Shero did that 30 other GMs wouldn't have done in the same situation. If he's such a gem why did Rutherford cut him loose in the first place?
And why didn't any one of the team's with a lesser record put in a claim ahead of Shero?

KIRK is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
  #719
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jmelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
i don't think a lot of people wanted ALL FOUR of those players in the lineup come playoff time, just two of them (Bennett and Despres). who else do the Pens even have that you think they should play and/or for who do you think they should trade?
I think they should trade Brooks Orpik. I think that if Despres and Bennett continue to play the way they have been, they should remain in the line-up; but will acknowledge that BB could get pushed out of the line-up for the playoffs if we are able to trade for an established forward. Either way, BB will be a fixture this season.


If Despres' game falters at all, then I'd like to see Bortuzzo in the line-up full time. But again, I understand we have only so many spots to go around if everyone is healthy. But I would definitely want Bort retained for depth (in case of injury) and expect him to also be a full-time player next season. The one upside to not giving him a ton of ice-time now is that we should be able to re-sign him to an extension for less than we may have to if he was playing well for 15+ minutes every night.

jmelm is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
  #720
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days
 
bathroomSTAAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: **** Mountain
Country: United States
Posts: 9,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
At what time will Boychuk be claimed by Carolina or some other team?

In other words, how long does another team have to put in a waiver request?
They have another 30 minutes, but if I'm remembering right they probably already made the claim, it just doesn't come out till noon who got him.

bathroomSTAAL is online now  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:33 AM
  #721
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
At what time will Boychuk be claimed by Carolina or some other team?

In other words, how long does another team have to put in a waiver request?
We should find out just a little after 12pm

Le Magnifique 66 is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 10:40 AM
  #722
roready
Brink, Truth, Life
 
roready's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: iligbpa
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
They have another 30 minutes, but if I'm remembering right they probably already made the claim, it just doesn't come out till noon who got him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
We should find out just a little after 12pm

Thank you for the quick responses.

roready is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
  #723
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,335
vCash: 500
Nashville

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip
Boychuk apparently headed to Nashville

Boom Boom Anton is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  #724
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
I'm happy for him, he gets to stay in the NHL.

Good luck Zach!

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  #725
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jmelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,395
vCash: 500
.....

jmelm is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.