HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ALL encompassing Rumors & Speculation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 07:52 AM
MayonnaiseOreo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
He is playing on their 2nd line right now, with Gagner and Hemskey. He isn't the best back checker and takes comes nights off. Which has been his issue. If he used his frame the way the Oilers want him too he could be a menace to other teams D. Having said that, he hasn't put it together. While only being 21, give him 2 more years to see where he is at. He could be good but I don't think I'd expect him to be great. His Offensive capabilities are lack luster at best. Too fast for his own good, too soft for his own good and hands of stone - which I think he will turn around once confidence grows a little.
Sounds like you guys have a Philly version of JVR up there.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:08 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Scoring winger with size? Like hartnell? How about simmonds? This team already has 4 top 6 wingers not including briere/schenn.
Hartnell is not going to be around forever. I love the guy and he is a big peice of this team, but in three or four years I'm not so sure that he'll still be a top liner. Simmonds is good but he doesn't have the scoring touch that MPS has the potential to develop. I'm not advocating trading one of our big peices for this guy. You can never have too many high ceiling players.

Quote:
No, people don't complain about a lack of young talent. They complain about a lack of talent in the pipeline as prospects. Huge difference.
Well, look at it this way. MPS would probably be playing in ADK right now if he were on Philly. I never understood this argument anyway. People complain about the lack of young players with high ceilings because there are none in the pipeline? If MPS were acquired and he was to play in ADK this year would that make this idea more attractive?

Quote:
Also mps does not have a high ceiling. He has stone hands and no offensive creativity or killer instinct
Really? Wow. Ok Nevermind. Did you tell the Oilers scouts that? They probably would be interested in hearing that. You should let them know.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:59 AM
duffy9748

I am not a huge fan of Bouwmeester but he would be a nice addition to this team. This would allow the team to have two different pairings that could log a ton of minutes. It would also help shelter Timonen's minutes and he could stay healthier as the season progresses. They would probably have to move Meszaros in the offseason to create room for a forward but they would have a very solid playoff roster this year assuming they could move him for picks/prospects.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-Fedotenko

Coburn-Grossman
Bouwmeester-Schenn
Timonen-Meszaros
Gus-Gervais

Bryz

If that team can avoid injuries they can compete with any team in the east.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:14 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Hartnell is not going to be around forever. I love the guy and he is a big peice of this team, but in three or four years I'm not so sure that he'll still be a top liner. Simmonds is good but he doesn't have the scoring touch that MPS has the potential to develop. I'm not advocating trading one of our big peices for this guy. You can never have too many high ceiling players.

Well, look at it this way. MPS would probably be playing in ADK right now if he were on Philly. I never understood this argument anyway. People complain about the lack of young players with high ceilings because there are none in the pipeline? If MPS were acquired and he was to play in ADK this year would that make this idea more attractive?

Really? Wow. Ok Nevermind. Did you tell the Oilers scouts that? They probably would be interested in hearing that. You should let them know.
Your kidding right? Simmonds is a 25 to 35 goal scorer right now.

As far as not understanding the difference of acquiring MPS now and having your own drafted guy on the farm, lets put it this way. Unless you are getting the guy for a single draft pick and going back in time to having him for 3 years on an ELC, the difference is obvious.

I couldn't care less what the oilers scouts said at the time. Mps should be a decent 2/3 line winger but watch him play. Where is this uber high offensive ceiling. Don't see it.

Definitely not a need worth chasing for this team. There's 7 very good long term forward pieces on this team right now, with 2 more knocking on the door.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Your kidding right? Simmonds is a 25 to 35 goal scorer right now.
Interesting. One season of 28 goals makes him a 25-35 goal scorer? I like Simmonds and he surely can score, but MPS reaching his potential would certainly be at least on that level. Maybe you misunderstood my post, I said Simmonds doesn't have the scoring touch that MPS has the potential to have. Even if you don't think I am right about, surely you don't think the 15 goals he scored in his rookie year is as good as it gets for this kid.

Quote:
As far as not understanding the difference of acquiring MPS now and having your own drafted guy on the farm, lets put it this way. Unless you are getting the guy for a single draft pick and going back in time to having him for 3 years on an ELC, the difference is obvious.
If you look at my post I am not suggesting the Flyers go full-boar and trade everything they have to get him. I have even said that I think the Oilers will want more than what the Flyers would or should give up.

Quote:
I couldn't care less what the oilers scouts said at the time. Mps should be a decent 2/3 line winger but watch him play. Where is this uber high offensive ceiling. Don't see it.
Maybe the in the same place that JvR's was? Or a number of the other prospects that developed late. Oh, wait. Nevermind. He is 21. The rule of thumb is that a player's ceiling is lowered if he hasn't reached it by 21. I forgot. He was drafted in 2009, same year as Brayden Schenn. I guess you weren't too excited about him either before this year, huh?

Quote:
Definitely not a need worth chasing for this team. There's 7 very good long term forward pieces on this team right now, with 2 more knocking on the door.
I agree it is not a need worth chasing for this team. You know, that is why I said things along the lines of "just putting this out there" or "the Oilers probably want more than the Flyers would be willing or should give." I assume the two more knocking on the door are Cousins and Laughton, which is fine. But as I said, you can't have too many young high cceiling players. Cousins better hurry up and make the NHL though, he turns 21 next summer!

Old
03-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Hi folks,

Just a friendly Sens fan popping by...

I'm quite keen on both Simmonds and Coburn, and have been for a while...

What do you think it would take for Ottawa to get them, not that they ever would...

I was thinking something to the effect of Michalek/Gonchar/Bishop as a starting piece?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Hi folks,

What do you think it would take for Ottawa to get them, not that they ever would...

I was thinking something to the effect of Michalek/Gonchar/Bishop as a starting piece?
yeah i love that sound of that, give us all your aging spare parts for our young core

Old
03-05-2013, 09:46 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Hi folks,

Both will take big overpayments.

With the state of the Flyers defense, especially when Timonen retires, losing Coburn for anything less than a comparable young defencemen is not an option.

Simmonds just signed an extension and wont be traded for spare parts.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
yeah i love that sound of that, give us all your aging spare parts for our young core
Well, in all fairness 9MM is the only on our team who can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Both will take big overpayments.

With the state of the Flyers defense, especially when Timonen retires, losing Coburn for anything less than a comparable young defencemen is not an option.

Simmonds just signed an extension and wont be traded for spare parts.
Yeah that's fair enough I suppose!

Old
03-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Well, in all fairness 9MM is the only on our team who can score
Sounds like you could use Briere.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:14 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Hi folks,

Lehner + Cowen

Old
03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Lehner + Cowen
for some reason, I'd probably do that... I'd hate to, but I would...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Sounds like you could use Briere.
We could, as long as he can work a wing... (Ideally)

Old
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
He's a minute eater and would really help the Flyers but not worth Couturier if that is the cost. Also, when he was about to hit UFA, it was a poorly kept secret he wanted to play out west near his hometown, so might not want to play in Philly long term.
Yeah but I feel he's more than just a minute eater right now.
While Coburn is just a minute eater who's good in his own end I feel like Bouwmeester could actually contribute offensively, too. His offensive has resurfaced this year under Hartley and he was always good in Florida. I think in this team's system he could really flourish. He's also not that old at 30.
You are right that Couturier is a no go. As is Read imo, atm. We really have nothing you could trade for him, I like Laughton as a prospect, too.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:05 PM
dookie88

Quote:
for some reason, I'd probably do that... I'd hate to, but I would...

We could, as long as he can work a wing... (Ideally)
I'm not sure a lot of Flyers fans would do that, though.

Lehner would always be a back-up to Bryz. He's not getting bought out and he's not getting moved. I don't see that changing in the next years.
Cowen is probably not going to be better than Coburn.

Simmonds and Coburn is worth more than we got for Richards. We'd expect something worth the same and I don't see anyone of that value who'd make sense for both teams.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Any interest in Hamrlik?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Any interest in Hamrlik?
Eh, maybe as a #7. Gervias-Gustafsson has actually done a good job as a 3rd pairing.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:06 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Any interest in Hamrlik?
Minimal at best IMO.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I'm interested in not seeing him on the Flyers.

03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm interested in not seeing him on the Flyers.
Yeah his cap hit is pretty high. I don't know how to do the adjustments because I know it changes throughout the year, but his full cap hit is like $3.5 million IIRC. Pazz.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

pass on Hamrlik. 3.5 million. 35+ contract.
Ill rather just wait unril Mez is ready to go.

So does Washington buy him out of he goes unclaimed? 35 plus contract still counts if he goes down to Hershey.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
pass on Hamrlik. 3.5 million. 35+ contract.
Ill rather just wait unril Mez is ready to go.

So does Washington buy him out of he goes unclaimed? 35 plus contract still counts if he goes down to Hershey.
Nah, I think his contract ends this summer. A better question is, does Washington buy out Green? Or do they just keep his eternally injured, 6 million dollar cap hit around for 3 more years?

Old
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Nah, I think his contract ends this summer. A better question is, does Washington buy out Green? Or do they just keep his eternally injured, 6 million dollar cap hit around for 3 more years?
oh right. just checked that. for some reason I thought Hamrlik was signed thru 13-14 misread it when i looked the first time.
Green seems like a candidate to get bought out for sure.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Clown Baby

TOP PAIRING TWO WAY DEFENSEMAN.

That is all.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:36 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
TOP PAIRING TWO WAY DEFENSEMAN.

That is all.
I hope you are not talking about Hamrlik...

Old
03-05-2013, 05:52 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHI Flyers10 View Post
Sounds like you guys have a Philly version of JVR up there.
They do, the Oil, have that.

I'm a Flyers fan but follow them by default.

Closed Thread