HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

tid bits about this years edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Habruti!

vCash: 500
tid bits about this years edition

I feel that things are coming along pretty nicely, the games we loose seem to be better games the the ones we lost last year. The games we win seems to be less of a fluke then last year. The players we ear most often are guys that are young and here to stay for an extended length..(i.e. Ribeiro, Souray, Theodore, Ryder, Bulis, Koivu, Markov, Komisarek, Zednik...and to a lesser degree Dagenais, Begin).

BG mentioned that he would make the required changes when he would be finished evaluating his players and I say here's your chance now... I think that it is time for us to clean some of the old wood in this team...

Here are few observations...
1- Audette has really nothing to bring to this team.
2- We need to get rid of Perreault
3- We need to strenghten the defence While Hainsey is said to be just around the corner I feel he still has a long way to go....
4- The third line is a weakness with Juneau. If Gratton plays well during is stay perhaps begin will take over JJ spot when he comes back.
5- Dackell and Sundtrum are just too much alike
6- Kilger does not do much for this team this year...

So how about the following moves before the end of the year...
- buy out Audette
- Trade with CGY Hainsey, Perreault for D. Gauthier ...? Perhaps it would not go through but would surely bring more stability and toughness to our defense.
- Start using both Gratton and Begin to center the third and fourth line.
- Use Ward instead of Dackell
--------------
This means that by the end of the year we should be able to show the following lineup:
1-Dagenais,Ribeiro,Zednik
2-Bulis,Koivu,Ryder
3-Dackell,Begin,Sundstrum
4-Langdon,Gratton,Ward
Defense:
Souray-Brisebois
Markov-Komisarek
Gauthier-Rivet
---------------------------------
If we can show a team that looks like this during the last stretch of the year I am confident that we will make the playoff and this even if we fail acquiring some help on defence. Bottom line is thing looks better and better and with another solid draft we will have to start thinking what to do with some of our players...

Old
12-21-2003, 03:58 AM
KnuklZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I feel that things are coming along pretty nicely, the games we loose seem to be better games the the ones we lost last year. The games we win seems to be less of a fluke then last year. The players we ear most often are guys that are young and here to stay for an extended length..(i.e. Ribeiro, Souray, Theodore, Ryder, Bulis, Koivu, Markov, Komisarek, Zednik...and to a lesser degree Dagenais, Begin).

BG mentioned that he would make the required changes when he would be finished evaluating his players and I say here's your chance now... I think that it is time for us to clean some of the old wood in this team...

Here are few observations...
1- Audette has really nothing to bring to this team.
2- We need to get rid of Perreault
3- We need to strenghten the defence While Hainsey is said to be just around the corner I feel he still has a long way to go....
4- The third line is a weakness with Juneau. If Gratton plays well during is stay perhaps begin will take over JJ spot when he comes back.
5- Dackell and Sundtrum are just too much alike
6- Kilger does not do much for this team this year...

So how about the following moves before the end of the year...
- buy out Audette
- Trade with CGY Hainsey, Perreault for D. Gauthier ...? Perhaps it would not go through but would surely bring more stability and toughness to our defense.
- Start using both Gratton and Begin to center the third and fourth line.
- Use Ward instead of Dackell
--------------
This means that by the end of the year we should be able to show the following lineup:
1-Dagenais,Ribeiro,Zednik
2-Bulis,Koivu,Ryder
3-Dackell,Begin,Sundstrum
4-Langdon,Gratton,Ward
Defense:
Souray-Brisebois
Markov-Komisarek
Gauthier-Rivet
---------------------------------
If we can show a team that looks like this during the last stretch of the year I am confident that we will make the playoff and this even if we fail acquiring some help on defence. Bottom line is thing looks better and better and with another solid draft we will have to start thinking what to do with some of our players...

I agreed with most of your post but 2 things that I disagree with:

- The third line is not our weakness when JJ is healthy, for most stretches of the season the 3rd line (w/ JJ) was the most dependable line.

- I wouldnt trade Hainsey for Gauthier straight up, by adding Perrault your basically saying that he has a negative value. I dont think Calgary will trade Gauthier anyways as they are on a roll (teams on a hot streak do not trade players).

Closed Thread