Notices

Blake Wheeler

Old
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
bazaaa*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelcat View Post
I'm not sure what it means to you, but I'm quite sure that you and I do not function at the same level.
As I've read your posts, that I can certainly agree with. lol I don't think many here will function on the same level as you when you say things like Wheeler needs to "drive hard and blast the puck." lol

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

We need to create a "player type" for blake wheeler, Power forward in the sense that he uses his size and speed to carry the puck into the zone, but actually makes passing plays more then just taking ****** shots (he does do that sometimes though)

like a "power-playmaker"...err that won't work...a "powerpasser?" hell i don't know, but I think it would help

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:25 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
We need to create a "player type" for blake wheeler, Power forward in the sense that he uses his size and speed to carry the puck into the zone, but actually makes passing plays more then just taking ****** shots (he does do that sometimes though)

like a "power-playmaker"...err that won't work...a "powerpasser?" hell i don't know, but I think it would help
I'm with you Grind, I trust you'll come up with a great name for whatever Wheels is .

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Pavlovian Response

vCash: 200
Quote:

Type powerpasser into your iPhone - whatever it spits back, that's Wheeler.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:37 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:

It is very odd watching him bust into the zone. When he is outside of the defender - where most players his size would still drive the net - he moves towards the corner, creates space and dishes the puck, usually quite well.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:48 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

too me Blake is like a "swing man" in basketball in the sense he is a tweener. He has the size of a powerforward but isn't punishing and plays a speed skill keep away game like the small skill guys do but has the size and reach to do it in traffic and the dirty areas......not apt to go over top of you but he is not relegated to the perimeter either.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:57 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
Blake Wheeler, PointForward.

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Zhamnov10

I think Chevy would have to consider a trade of Bennet + Harrington,on that note I'm not sure where Bennett is at or what his ceiling could be.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
I think Chevy would have to consider a trade of Bennet + Harrington,on that note I'm not sure where Bennett is at or what his ceiling could be.
i wouldn't

one in the bag's worth two in the bush, especially when i don't think either of thsoe are projected to be a higher level player then wheeler is now.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:32 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
i wouldn't

one in the bag's worth two in the bush, especially when i don't think either of thsoe are projected to be a higher level player then wheeler is now.
I agree, but it has to come back to where the Jets are set to finish.

How old will Wheeler be when the Jets are ready for prime time? I doubt he gets moved, but he would probably be my choice if the Jets were rejigging the roster at the expense of the next year or two. That is a big IF though.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
i wouldn't

I one hundred percent agree.

Another team could easily outbid that.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post

How old will Wheeler be when the Jets are ready for prime time? I doubt he gets moved, but he would probably be my choice if the Jets were rejigging the roster at the expense of the next year or two. That is a big IF though.
But then why not move him in a year or two? I guess if you think his value is going to go down, but, I doubt it. I'd hang onto him until we get a definitive sign that his peak will be before the team is a true contender, because if he's still in top gear when our team gets to that point, he's a good weapon to have.

Though for an overpayment anyone not wearing the number 44 could be moved. (Or for an absolute robbery by the Jets, ANYONE could go)

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post

agreed. of their forwards he would be the one i moved....but that would be in a very specific set of circumstances.