HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 08:54 AM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
Soooo... Hannan is sitting right now at a -9. If Ellis or Blum was even CLOSE to a -9, their butt would be on a plane to Milwaukee faster than they could blink. Why doesn't Poile spend time developing their young talent instead of trading for old, mediocre defenseman like Hannan and Gill and treating them better than the youngsters? That's just asking for another Suter situation...once they have the chance a few years down the line when they have worked their way to the top, I wouldn't be too surprised if they drop their allegiance for the Preds.
If Trotz could send a vet like Hannan to Mil he might do it. They would be subject to waivers and would be picked up by someone in a sec. He's sat Gill for several games, not sure what else he can do. Ellis and Blum are seeing their fair share of ice time. If they want more they have to earn it.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:20 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You mean like the way Legwand earns icetime over the rest of the forwards last night? Trotz is the problem here. He gives guys icetime that play the way he wants them too, restrictive with few turnovers. The result is no goals.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
jlsg

And who on the roster do you play in place of Legwand or Fisher or etc etc. Look at the stats from last night everyone played close to the same minutes with the exception of Clune and Halischuk.
Trotz is doing what he can with what he has. Is the message not being heard anymore, maybe. But the vets need to get their collective heads out of their collective arses and start playing the way they did last year. It's been stated by the organization that the expectation was scoring form at least 3 lines. I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation. Not sure anyone knows why it isn't happening

Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
And who on the roster do you play in place of Legwand or Fisher or etc etc. Look at the stats from last night everyone played close to the same minutes with the exception of Clune and Halischuk.
Trotz is doing what he can with what he has. Is the message not being heard anymore, maybe. But the vets need to get their collective heads out of their collective arses and start playing the way they did last year. It's been stated by the organization that the expectation was scoring form at least 3 lines. I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation. Not sure anyone knows why it isn't happening
I'd start by replacing Legwand with Smith on the powerplay, Legwand had twice the pp time.

Oh, and SK on the powerplay for 3 minutes, how did he earn that as compared to the 52 seconds Wilson played or the 18 seconds for the guy that's leading the team in goals and effort? Yeah, he surely hasn't earned in pp time, like the 1:37 Fisher earned.

And let's take Josi off the powerplay completely, he hasn't earned any time there.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Hey now, guys like "Fish" and "Leggy" play the game "the right way," so it's only natural that they play on the PP.

It must be killing Trotz that Gill isn't healthy and can't come in to play on the PP as well.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:36 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Hannan's +/- is not a result of him on the ice for a significantly higher number of goals allowed, it's that we simply don't score with him on the ice. Klein was on the ice for more ES goals against, but, the most ES goals for as well. Weber was on the ice for 4 fewer ES goals against, but an equal number of goals allowed a man down with less PK time.

Right now our vets aren't leading ... our PK isn't functional (2 goals allowed in each of the past four games) ... the shot decisions are poor with more shot attempts into shinpads than on goal ... the shot attempts that get through are off target far too often ... guys like Spaling and Halischuk who provided secondary scoring last season simply aren't right now ... Pekka looks mortal ... right now only Bourque and Clune are showing the most heart, a trait we need to see from the guys with letters on their chest. From a talent perspective, this roster is similar to last season's rather effective squad. From an execution perspective, they suck most nights. Whatever the dynamic is that changed over the summer beyond the departure of Suter, they need to fix it or they are going to let this season slip away from them in the near future.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-in-nashville/

Old
03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
At least he agrees with our view of the road trip.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 0
Everyone knows that this team needs to be changed. Waiver claims won't do it. I don't know if it is change the players, coach or GM. However, there is something seriously wrong in the locker room.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Why did Cory Conacher only play 5 games with the Admirals? Was that the terms of his tryout in 2010-11? He scored 3 goals 2 assists in those 5 games. I dont know why we didnt sign him after that stint. He has been tearing it up with the Lightning recently and is a calder candidate.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:32 AM
NoNecksCurse

our schedule through the end of the month is about as easy as it gets.. hope a couple of wins against **** teams dont make the upper brass think everything is fine and dandy

Old
03-06-2013, 03:23 PM
MrHenley

Per Grimson, Butler worked with PP1 today at practice

Old
03-06-2013, 03:26 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenley View Post
You know Smith has to think that's a slap in his face.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenley View Post
I think it's a slap in everyone's face. Plus, Butler appearently has a bomb of a shot and loves to put it on net. Something we need.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:08 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I think it's a slap in everyone's face.
Bingo. That would be the point and don't think for a sec it's not.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:44 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Also, Bartley paired with Klein for a good amount of time according to Glennon.

Old
03-07-2013, 01:47 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You know Smith has to think that's a slap in his face.
smith and wilson havent even got a fair shake. we claim some guys off waivers and butler is on a PP.. don't be surprised when these guys get out of town first chance they get

Old
03-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
smith and wilson havent even got a fair shake. we claim some guys off waivers and butler is on a PP.. don't be surprised when these guys get out of town first chance they get

There is something wrong in this locker room.

Old
03-07-2013, 03:22 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I definitely don't understand Trotz sometimes. Wilson and Smith have both deserved the PP time.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Really I do have to take issue with this. Look at how Klein was treated. He was a permascratch for a year and a half and he signed a long term bargain contract over the summer. Hartnell would have very likely resigned if we had money and he was treated the same way.

As much as I am mad about them not being on the PP because they could help, I definitely don't see players leaving because of it.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:30 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

To be fair, the only thing Smith has on Butler at this point is that we drafted him.

Butler arguably has had more success at the professional level. Smith has just been anointed the "next big thing" by Preds fans because he has showed offensive ability, albeit inconsistently, not usually seen in a Preds draft pick.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:13 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
this isnt kindergarten, and youre just being a homer if you think Smith and Wilson havent been given a "fair shake" Wilson keeps showing flashes of what he can be, and thus the the three year extension he signed this summer.

Smith hasnt done squat to prove he is a long term NHL player...

and its not like the players dont get it that they have brought this down on themselves... if they dont like it, they better start stepping up

Old
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Really I do have to take issue with this. Look at how Klein was treated. He was a permascratch for a year and a half and he signed a long term bargain contract over the summer. Hartnell would have very likely resigned if we had money and he was treated the same way.

As much as I am mad about them not being on the PP because they could help, I definitely don't see players leaving because of it.
each player is different. if you think wilson and smith, like the way they have been developed so far, your crazy. players arent dumb... they know what gets the big contracts. goals, assists, and points.. i don't think its so crazy to state guys like them might move on at the first chance to play a more offensive game.... i mean come on .. weber and suter both tried to get out of town at the first chance and they both specifically cited lack of offensive power a concern

Old
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this isnt kindergarten, and youre just being a homer if you think Smith and Wilson havent been given a "fair shake" Wilson keeps showing flashes of what he can be, and thus the the three year extension he signed this summer.

and its not like the players dont get it that they have brought this down on themselves... if they dont like it, they better start stepping up
I agree in regards to Smith. I am excited about his future, but he has a long way to go.

I disagree about Wilson. I think he has stepped up, especially offensively and he's currently our best chance to put the puck in the net.

Old
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

and these are all fair points... but what have legwand, fisher, sk, erat, etc done to justify PP time?? they have sucked air hardcore... but oh smith and wilson are young.... nope sorry yall sit. Wilson has shown more offensive creativity than this whole damn team this year

Closed Thread