HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2013, 06:14 PM
  #101
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
Still a Moen fan. He is playing ok defensively but he needs to play more aggressive on the forecheck - especially at home. He needs to pick up his play but I think he will.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:17 PM
  #102
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
rumor is that MB was trying to claim Sestito.... hope its true

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:32 PM
  #103
Sweeney
Registered User
 
Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Gaspé/Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Colby "Voldermort with a nose" Armstrong

Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:28 PM
  #104
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,865
vCash: 500
Moen is a playoff warrior so I want him here for our cup run.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:30 PM
  #105
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,652
vCash: 500
Moyen is not a warrior at anything.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:32 PM
  #106
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
I was one of the biggest Moen fan, but i gotta say that i lost faith in him. He lost his physical edge. He's not even finishing his checks in the corner...

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
  #107
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,865
vCash: 500
We're winning, he's playing sound defense, he's playing good overall.

Sure I'd like him to be more aggressive but who knows what is happening with the guy... All I know is that he's a great player usually and has been for 3 years here. I'm not going to give up on the guy after 20 games, sorry.


Last edited by Blind Gardien: 03-05-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: qdp
Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:41 PM
  #108
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
We're winning, he's playing sound defense, he's playing good overall.

Sure I'd like him to be more aggressive but who knows what is happening with the guy... All I know is that he's a great player usually and has been for 3 years here. I'm not going to give up on the guy after 20 games, sorry.
Forget the 20 games i've given up on Moyen in a long time. I saw that the guy had no sack early on.

I don't think we hired him just so he can be a defensive player.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:01 AM
  #109
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:05 AM
  #110
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.
And we should believe Michel Langevin ...

Moen has to do more but that's just a ridiculous statement.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  #111
Teamwork
Registered User
 
Teamwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.
Something tells me this isn't true.

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  #112
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.
Michel Langevin reported that he heard and you believe that? Moen is a professional, it doesn't make sense. This BS is of the like of the comments like ''oh Koivu isn't scoring goals because he's jealous of Kovalev'' of old.

Its not friggin' lance et compte.

If Moen is not happy from Prust getting attention then he should fight more&get more engaged physically so people remember him also. There isn't a rule that there must only be one energic&physical bottom 6 player. If anything he might be happy that he doesn't have to do the dirty job anymore.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
  #113
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
And we should believe Michel Langevin ...

Moen has to do more but that's just a ridiculous statement.
Well, he certainly has more plugs than you or I. Not saying I believe him to the letter, but there's still got to be a reason why Moen has transformed into a giant vagina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Michel Langevin reported that he heard and you believe that? Moen is a professional, it doesn't make sense. This is BS is like the ''oh Koivu isn't scoring goals because he's jealous of Kovalev'' of old.

Its not friggin' lance et compte.

If Moen is not happy from Prust getting attention then he should fight more&get more engaged physically so people remember him also. There isn't a rule that there must only be one energic&physical bottom 6 player. If anything he might be happy that he doesn't have to do the dirty job anymore.


Under your respect, I stopped reading at "Moen is a professional". He certainly doesn't act as such. If not doing anything in the Leafs game OR in the Boston game is considered normal, I certainly don't have the same definition as people do. For Christ sake, Markov had more hits than him last Sunday.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
  #114
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.
Why does these people have jobs? Some media members are disgraceful

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:09 AM
  #115
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.
Yeah, where did he hear it? At la cage aux sports watching the game behind two fans and one of them said that ?? That sounds to me like he's someone looking to stir ****.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  #116
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
I don't know where he heard that, nor do I know if it's worth paying attention to. One thing I know for sure though, is that Moen has turned into as passive a player you can have.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
  #117
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Why does these people have jobs? Some media members are disgraceful
I think Moen might be unhappy because he is playing on a 4th line instead of a third and sometimes on a 2nd like last season.

The guy is paid more than twice DD's salary to play 10 minutes on a 4th line.

Or maybe he is really jealous of Prust's salary....and playing time. And that might be a reason he is not providing him proper physical backup. If so they should trade his sorry ass asap.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
  #118
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Bump.

Yesterday on TVA Sports' Le Match (talk show), Michel Langevin reported that he heard that Moen refused to engage physically because he's not all that happy about all the positive attention Prust gets from the media and pretty much everyone in the city.

What a freakin' prima donna. I swear, I haven't hated a player as much as I hate Moen for quite a long time. What he's doing (or not doing) out there is a disgrace to this organisation.
Moen played with Anaheim during the " big bad ducks" area. He was behind guys like Parros, Thornton, Fedoruk, O'brien, Brookbank and May. He probably like it. He's not the number 1 guy anymore

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:15 AM
  #119
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Moen played with Anaheim during the " big bad ducks" area. He was behind Parros, Thornton and May. He probably like it.
I he needs 3 HW to be effective, we might as well trade him and spend the money elsewhere. He is not being relied upon to fight every game. Just one hit against the Bruins in a key game that gets dirty and physical would be an improvement over the disgrace we witnessed two night ago.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
  #120
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
I think Moen might be unhappy because he is playing on a 4th line instead of a third and sometimes on a 2nd like last season.

The guy is paid more than twice DD's salary to play 10 minutes on a 4th line.

Or maybe he is really jealous of Prust's salary....and playing time. And that might be a reason he is not providing him proper physical backup. If so they should trade his sorry ass asap.
I think people make something out of nothing. Moen is a good veteran player. Hardworking type that coach likes and we need to have going forward. He's paid his dues for the Habs, and is a good PK duo with Plekanec. When injuries happen, he can move up the lineup and not hurt the team. Seems to be a respected player and a good person too. Nothing wrong with Moen.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
  #121
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Under your respect, I stopped reading at "Moen is a professional". He certainly doesn't act as such. If not doing anything in the Leafs game OR in the Boston game is considered normal, I certainly don't have the same definition as people do. For Christ sake, Markov had more hits than him last Sunday.
I think he has trouble finding a role for himself in Therrien's system. He also had a very bad game.

There might be other reasons too. Maybe he wasn't prepared for the season physically, maybe he's just getting older&slower and wants to concentrate on being useful as a hockey player by playing defensive hockey. Maybe he's nursing injuries.

A lot of things can explain him having trouble this season other than ''jealous of Prust''. Moen isn't a star player and has never been, he's always been a support player and even in that role there he was rarely the best on his teams. He's in the NHL not because of skills but because of his positive attitude and hard workers like that are rarely jealous or envious of others, they just work harder. Perhaps our perception of him was skewed because of his role for us in previous years but I don't believe he's never been an enforcer, thats just not who he is as a player. He's probably happy that he doesn't have that role anymore.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:20 AM
  #122
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Dumont is 5'9...
Better a 5'9 willing to hit and work hard than a passive 6'2 vet.

Dumont can certainly play once in a while instead of Armstrong or White.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:21 AM
  #123
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
I think people make something out of nothing. Moen is a good veteran player. Hardworking type that coach likes and we need to have going forward. He's paid his dues for the Habs, and is a good PK duo with Plekanec. When injuries happen, he can move up the lineup and not hurt the team. Seems to be a respected player and a good person too. Nothing wrong with Moen.
Nothing wrong with Moen?!

He's specifically paid to add some sandpaper and to pick up SOME load in the fighting/physical department, and he ends up having 15 minutes played, NO hit and NO fight to show for it in the most physical game of the season.

I'd say there are a lot of God damn things that are wrong with Moen.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
  #124
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Nothing wrong with Moen?!

He's specifically paid to add some sandpaper and to pick up SOME load in the fighting/physical department, and he ends up having 15 minutes played, NO hit and NO fight to show for it in the most physical game of the season.

I'd say there are a lot of God damn things that are wrong with Moen.
Calm down. He's a fourth line defensive player. I agree, he could be a little feistier. But if someone wanted to drop the gloves, he could. He gives another option. He doesn't have the speed to run around like a wildman. He plays contained, he doesn't really hurt the team. He's a nice fourth line LW.

I think he will be moved in the offseason because of his contract length and amount (Dumont can do his job for 500k after another year of seasoning), but right now it's not necessary to worry about Travis freaking Moen.

He wouldn't be a huge loss on the ice for the reasons you say, but I hope Bergevin doesn't mess anymore with the lockerroom. Remember this is a team of people, not just names on a board shuffling around and contract dollars.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
  #125
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Better a 5'9 willing to hit and work hard than a passive 6'2 vet.
I know, but another smurf won't help to get respect around the league, espicially in our division with Boston and Toronto...

But i like Dumont, though....

Heavyweight(Bordeleau)-White-Dumont would be a good fourth line, with Prust on third line.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.