HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen&Colby Joseph Armstrong thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 11:26 AM
  #126
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I know, but another smurf won't help to get respect around the league, espicially in our division with Boston and Toronto...

But i like Dumont, though....

Heavyweight(Bordeleau)-White-Dumont would be a good fourth line, with Prust on third line.
No, this season is fine with the three big western lads on the fourth line. They'll play steady and rock the boat in the playoffs when it's needed.

Next year, Dumont - White - Prust (or Leblanc or a UFA) could be a nice and energetic fourth line on the cheap.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
  #127
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Nothing wrong with Moen?!

He's specifically paid to add some sandpaper and to pick up SOME load in the fighting/physical department, and he ends up having 15 minutes played, NO hit and NO fight to show for it in the most physical game of the season.

I'd say there are a lot of God damn things that are wrong with Moen.
You know what ? As soon as Moen will be traded to another org., he will start to play again as he was in Anaheim.back then.

I hate these players who are acquired to provide muscle and don't deliver in Montreal.

That is why I have so much respect for Cole last year and Prust, now.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
  #128
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,355
vCash: 500
I don't believe these claims about Moen's opinions vis--vis Prust. That just sounds wildly ridiculous. Last year we heard the argument that Moen was getting tired of always being the go to guy to throw down the gloves. Now that we have more physical players and others to fight, he has a change of heart and likes his old role? Makes no sense. If that was even slightly true, we'd see Moen dishing out more checks and fighting more (hasn't even had a fight yet).

Imo, MT is asking Moen to play defensively and shut down, rather than gritty, physical forechecker. Moen's good defensively he's also used on the PK. He's caused a couple turnovers as well that have resulted in scoring chances. He's just not a great scorer, is all.

We actually have a good team now. And we're bashing Moen...

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:28 AM
  #129
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Calm down. He's a fourth line defensive player. I agree, he could be a little feistier. But if someone wanted to drop the gloves, he could. He gives another option. He doesn't have the speed to run around like a wildman. He plays contained, he doesn't really hurt the team. He's a nice fourth line LW.

I think he will be moved in the offseason because of his contract length and amount (Dumont can do his job for 500k after another year of seasoning), but right now it's not necessary to worry about Travis freaking Moen.

He wouldn't be a huge loss on the ice for the reasons you say, but I hope Bergevin doesn't mess anymore with the lockerroom. Remember this is a team of people, not just names on a board shuffling around and contract dollars.
Saying there's nothing wrong with Moen is what is actually wrong on this thread. There are no words to describe how much of a coward, how much of a phony he's been in the last games against Boston and Toronto. The day Prust gets hurt because mister wants to play fancy hockey, call me back and tell me there's nothing wrong with Moen.

You don't play forwards 1.8M to play "defensive hockey that doesn't hurt your team on the 4th line". He's paid to add something extra to his game, he knows it to damn well, and he keeps playing like a massive turd out there.

As for not hurting, he's the only player along with the Joker (Armstrong) who has a negative +/- ratio.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
  #130
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
We actually have a good team now. And we're bashing Moen...
Exactly, well put. What do we do? Trade him? There's no reason. He's been here for a while. Part of the team. This team has great chemisty, don't **** with it by whining about a fourth liner who's probably just doing what the coach wants him to. Good post

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  #131
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Saying there's nothing wrong with Moen is what is actually wrong on this thread. There are no words to describe how much of a coward, how much of a phony he's been in the last games against Boston and Toronto. The day Prust gets hurt because mister wants to play fancy hockey, call me back and tell me there's nothing wrong with Moen.

You don't play forwards 1.8M to play "defensive hockey that doesn't hurt your team on the 4th line". He's paid to add something extra to his game, he knows it to damn well, and he keeps playing like a massive turd out there.

As for not hurting, he's the only player along with the Joker (Armstrong) who has a negative +/- ratio.
So what's your solution? Other than whining about it. Agreed, my wording is off. Moen can be a little more physical. But I don't think Travis mother****ing Moen is a huge issue.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  #132
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I don't believe these claims about Moen's opinions vis--vis Prust. That just sounds wildly ridiculous. Last year we heard the argument that Moen was getting tired of always being the go to guy to throw down the gloves. Now that we have more physical players and others to fight, he has a change of heart and likes his old role? Makes no sense. If that was even slightly true, we'd see Moen dishing out more checks and fighting more (hasn't even had a fight yet).

Imo, MT is asking Moen to play defensively and shut down, rather than gritty, physical forechecker. Moen's good defensively he's also used on the PK. He's caused a couple turnovers as well that have resulted in scoring chances. He's just not a great scorer, is all.

We actually have a good team now. And we're bashing Moen...
You actually think Therrien, of all people, asks Moen to not play gritty or physical?...

How long have you been knowing this coach and watching him do his thing in the pros? He tried to fight another coach at center ice in Granby for **** sake...

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
  #133
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
No, this season is fine with the three big western lads on the fourth line. They'll play steady and rock the boat in the playoffs when it's needed.

Next year, Dumont - White - Prust (or Leblanc or a UFA) could be a nice and energetic fourth line on the cheap.
No. Prust needs support. White won't provide very good support.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
  #134
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
People in here are so spoiled... Go whine about how dirty the other teams are when Prust gets hurt from fighting guys 40 pounds heavier than him.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
  #135
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
No. Prust needs support. White won't provide very good support.
Size and toughness throughout the lineup. Not knucklehead enforcers like Bordealeau who can't even play hockey yet people are obsessed with... Prust is fine.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
  #136
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
People in here are so spoiled... Go whine about how dirty the other teams are when Prust gets hurt from fighting guys 40 pounds heavier than him.
This. Prust is too much important for this club to fight and risk injury against other team's heavyweight.

HE NEEDS SUPPORT.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
  #137
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Size and toughness throughout the lineup. Not knucklehead enforcers like Bordealeau who can't even play hockey yet people are obsessed with... Prust is fine.
Prust is perfect.

Prust alone is where the problem's at.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
  #138
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Why does these people have jobs? Some media members are disgraceful
TVA Sports is just practicing for their transition to the Nordiques network.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:36 AM
  #139
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
This. Prust is too much important for this club to fight and risk injury against other team's heavyweight.

HE NEEDS SUPPORT.
Don't get me wrong. Prust is too good and too clever of a fighter to get knocked the hell out of him. He actually limited the damage against Steve MacIntyre FFS.

That being said, fighting against monsters like Lucic when you're 5'11 and under 200 pounds is a lot tougher than most here want to admit for the shoulders and the upper body.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:36 AM
  #140
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Prust is perfect.

Prust alone is where the problem's at.
Moen, White, and Armstrong are the support. Maybe they could be a bit more firewagon, but if you watched last game. What the did seemed to work. I agree, a little more aggression. Hopefully that comes. I think we have a coach in place that is capable of getting that to happen.

What I'm saying is, it's not going to change this year because these guys are part of a roster that's playing very well. Maybe in the offseason you look to move Moen's deal and upgrade into a guy who is a little bit faster and more aggressive. But not now. Things are okay with the chemisty on this team and I think Moen is a good veteran member of the dressing room.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
  #141
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Moen, White, and Armstrong are the support. Maybe they could be a bit more firewagon, but if you watched last game. What the did seemed to work. I agree, a little more aggression. Hopefully that comes. I think we have a coach in place that is capable of getting that to happen.

What I'm saying is, it's not going to change this year because these guys are part of a roster that's playing very well. Maybe in the offseason you look to move Moen's deal and upgrade into a guy who is a little bit faster and more aggressive. But not now. Things are okay.
Moen is of absolutely no help this year. White is troubled and in the downside of his bipolar curve right now, and it should get better. Armstrong would likely get knocked out by Markov in a fight, that's how bad he is at it. There is absolutely no supporting cast behind Prust. Not this year, not with the way Moen plays right now.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:40 AM
  #142
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Size and toughness throughout the lineup. Not knucklehead enforcers like Bordealeau who can't even play hockey yet people are obsessed with... Prust is fine.
go watch him play before making comment like that........

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:41 AM
  #143
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Moen, White, and Armstrong are the support. Maybe they could be a bit more firewagon, but if you watched last game. What the did seemed to work. I agree, a little more aggression. Hopefully that comes. I think we have a coach in place that is capable of getting that to happen.
This is the problem. They are NO support this season. Moen don't fight and don't hit anymore, White isn't the same since his penalties and Armstrong lost his nasty edge that made him so succesful.

Prust is alone. That's the problem.

BTW, Moen and Armstrong = 0 hit combined in the boston game. Good support, h?

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:41 AM
  #144
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,756
vCash: 500
I don't like both Moen AND Armstrong as our first options. Not because they are cowards or because of some nonsense slander from a Quebecor network, but because they are old, slow and not as physical as they used to be. Individually they are fine, they are good defensively and decent hockey players who let our top 9 rest while keeping the team competitive. But I'd like it more if Armstrong was the 13th forward. Prust is going to fight bigger and stronger guys no matter what though.

Our 4th line has been a strength, it can get better but I really don't understand this level of negativity.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:45 AM
  #145
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Our 4th line has been a strength, it can get better but I really don't understand this level of negativity.
Thank you.

Guys, the team is in first place. Moen is a bit overpaid. He isn't as physical and energetic as he could be. Armstrong is a bit wonky. But they don't need to fight. You need a line brawl with the Bruins to be happy? That's a loser tactic.

But really, it's a fourth line that the coach can rely on to do what he asks of them. It's fine. There's nothing to be so negative about, attacking all these players. Just let them play. The intensity will pick up. Maybe it should have already, but whatever, stop getting so mad at this team that's doing so many things very well.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
  #146
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't like both Moen AND Armstrong as our first options. Not because they are cowards or because of some nonsense slander from a Quebecor network, but because they are old, slow and not as physical as they used to be. Individually they are fine, they are good defensively and decent hockey players who let our top 9 rest while keeping the team competitive. But I'd like it more if Armstrong was the 13th forward. Prust is going to fight bigger and stronger guys no matter what though.

Our 4th line has been a strength, it can get better but I really don't understand this level of negativity.
People that share this level of negativity are not only looking at what's going on right now, but at what will end up happening. At this pace, Prust will hurt himself before long, and Moen will keep acting as if he was paid to do the job of a Sami Pahlsson. But yeah. If we keep looking at what is going on right now and what happened in the last few weeks, we'll be fine, that's for sure. That mentality sure worked out well in the past...

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:47 AM
  #147
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
People that share this level of negativity are not only looking at what's going on right now, but at what will end up happening. At this pace, Prust will hurt himself before long, and Moen will keep acting as if he was paid to do the job of a Sami Pahlsson. But yeah. If we keep looking at what is going on right now and what happened in the last few weeks, we'll be fine, that's for sure. That mentality sure worked out well in the past...
Dude, what are you talking about? If Prust went down, it's nobody's fault. He's paid 2.5 million dollars, and he fights a lot. Just like he did last year in NYR. He's the sherriff on this team because he's good at it. He fights. If Prust wasn't there, Moen would fight. But nobody needs to. They need to play hockey.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
  #148
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Thank you.

Guys, the team is in first place. Moen is a bit overpaid. He isn't as physical and energetic as he could be. Armstrong is a bit wonky. But they don't need to fight. You need a line brawl with the Bruins to be happy? That's a loser tactic.

But really, it's a fourth line that the coach can rely on to do what he asks of them. It's fine. There's nothing to be so negative about, attacking all these players. Just let them play. The intensity will pick up. Maybe it should have already, but whatever, stop getting so mad at this team that's doing so many things very well.
Things are going well right now, hence, there are no possible improvements and nothing bad can possibly happen! Yippee!

You guys can resume whining about the "thugs" from other teams when Moen watches Prust get hurt. The level of ignorance on how tough what Prust is doing right now for his team is... That's simply amazing and mind-numbing.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #149
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Moen, White, and Armstrong are the support. Maybe they could be a bit more firewagon, but if you watched last game. What the did seemed to work. I agree, a little more aggression. Hopefully that comes. I think we have a coach in place that is capable of getting that to happen.

What I'm saying is, it's not going to change this year because these guys are part of a roster that's playing very well. Maybe in the offseason you look to move Moen's deal and upgrade into a guy who is a little bit faster and more aggressive. But not now. Things are okay with the chemisty on this team and I think Moen is a good veteran member of the dressing room.
yeah! Armstrong and White, both -2. Moen -1. Armstrong and Moen 0 hits. Worked really fine.

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #150
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Things are going well right now, hence, there are no possible improvements and nothing bad can possibly happen! Yippee!

You guys can resume whining about the "thugs" from other teams when Moen watches Prust get hurt. The level of ignorance on how tough what Prust is doing right now for his team is... That's simply amazing and mind-numbing.
So because Prust is a scrapper, Moen should run around fighting? No. Prust is a hockey player who has the added bonus of being a tough mofo that can drop the gloves. It's his role on the team. It's what Therrien asks of him.

Brandon Prust fights, so Travis Moen should fight all the time? No, Moen should play smart defensive hockey. If it's necessary for him to drop them, he would. I'm sure he has his boy Prust's back.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.