Notices

Jets @ Panthers | Tue Mar 5 | 630PM CST | "Panther Hunt : Redux"

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Everything pointing to a Jets win tonight.

So we will probably lose.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:56 AM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post

Flights out of Minneapolis / St Paul won't arrive in FLA until mid-afternoon, EST. Still hope!
Not to mention Buff will need to find a flight on short notice with two seats together

Old
03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Not to mention Buff will need to find a flight on short notice with two seats together
Oh I get it, cause he's fat right?

Old
03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
You're so mean!

Old
03-05-2013, 12:10 PM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Oh I get it, cause he's fat right?

Last edited by StronGeer: 03-05-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old
03-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

sounds like coach doesn't expect buff in until 5 pm

Old
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
sounds like coach doesn't expect buff in until 5 pm
Means he wont have time to pull his groin in the pre-game skate!

Old
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Coach Claude Noel pre-game scrum

Coach Noel - Latest on Byfuglien (arriving at 5 pm). What will he do if he isn’t able to play? Panthers lineup. Jets lineup changes.

To listen click here.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:41 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Winnipeg appears to be the favourite so I'm putting my $ on Florida. History says that's the way to go more often than not... unfortunately.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
SensibleGuy

Yeah I hate to say it but I really fear we're being set up for a huge disappointment tonight. This is a game the Jets should just dominate, so I won't be at all surprised if it ends up being a nail-biter that we lose in OT (or worse).

That said, if the guys come out strong tonight and beat FLA handily it will be a good sign...

Old
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

I think its a game that ends up being a lot closer then anyone would say on paper. It just seems that whenever there is one of "those" games (across the league, no tjust the jets) it's almost NEVER the blowout/domination expected.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:53 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

3-2 but unsure who for

Old
03-05-2013, 12:56 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

11,500 PP goals, plus 2 even strength. Hainsey with 10000 of the PP goals and a shorty.

11,503 - 1 Jets (Pavs will let in a softie)

No but really. I think we'll win. 4 - 2 Jerts.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
So mittens and Welly in.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
I made my first and second vbookie bets on the Jets when they played the Devils and Rangers, and won. then I didn't bet when they played the Caps, and lost.

So obviously I just put down another bet for the Jets today.

And by the way, I will be so glad when I no longer have to watch multiple games against Florida and Tampa every year...

Old
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

'cause I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'll go ahead and ask a dumb question ....
is there a rule in the NHL on at what point a player is ineligible to play in a game? let's say Buff's flight is late and he doesnt get to the rink til after the game has started, can he still be put on the lineup sheet and suit up?

Old
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

I'm going out on a limb for this one - Jets win 8-2. Kaner with the hatty, and Welly, Joki, Ladd, Burmi and Antro all chipping in one apiece. The Hains with assists on every goal, and two errant Florida PP shots from the point go in off his butt.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Lost this one 9-5 on NHL 13. For some reason the Panthers always have my number in that game, hope it isn't the same in reality.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
'cause I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I'll go ahead and ask a dumb question ....
is there a rule in the NHL on at what point a player is ineligible to play in a game? let's say Buff's flight is late and he doesnt get to the rink til after the game has started, can he still be put on the lineup sheet and suit up?
They have to be on the line-up sheet at whatever time it is submitted. But if he's on the line-up, he can play even if he shows up late (I believe).

Old
03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
They have to be on the line-up sheet at whatever time it is submitted. But if he's on the line-up, he can play even if he shows up late (I believe).
I believe this is correct as well. Noel just has to put him on his lineup sheet.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Well if every sports movie has taught me anything, you can show up as late as you want and still score the game winner.

In "Bend it like Beckham", Jes showed up late to the championship as it was her sisters wedding and if you know a thing about the Indian parents in this movie, they were very strict about her following in line with the family. Now much to the dismay of her father he let her go as he could see how upset she was by not getting to play alongside Keira Knightley when there was a professional scout in the audience.

We see her enter after halftime when they were down a goal, they tie it up and Jes is given a free kick to win after being inexplicably tackled. Naturally she is finally able to "Bend it like Beckham" as it were and they obtain the victory.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, I see no reason why Buff couldn't play tonight.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:09 PM
RonJon

vCash: 200
Fantastic BDT. Well I,m in Sunrise, Just got back from the beach, its 76f sunny not a cloud in the sky and I'm craving HOCKEY. Cant wait for the game.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:11 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJon View Post
Fantastic BDT. Well I,m in Sunrise, Just got back from the beach, its 76f sunny not a cloud in the sky and I'm craving HOCKEY. Cant wait for the game.
sweet man enjoy

Old
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
5.1 Eligible Players - A team shall be composed of 20 players (18 skaters and two goalkeepers) who shall be under contract to the Club they represent. For the purposes of these playing rules, any reference to "player" shall refer to both skaters and goalkeepers. Any reference to “goalkeeper” shall mean that the section of the rule is specific to goalkeepers.

At the beginning of each game, the Manager or Coach of each team shall list the players who shall be eligible to play in the game. Not more than eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goalkeepers, shall be permitted. One non-uniformed player shall be permitted on the players’ bench in a coaching capacity. He must be indicated on the Roster Sheet submitted by the Coach to the Referee or Official Scorer prior to the start of the game.

A list of names and numbers of all eligible players must be handed to the Official Scorer before the game, and no change shall be permitted in the list or addition thereto shall be permitted after the commencement of the game.

Prior to the game, if an official (on-ice or off-ice) notices that a player is in uniform but has not been included on the Official Game Report, the Referee shall bring this to the attention of the offending team so that the necessary correction can be made to the Official Game Report (and no penalty is assessed).

5.2 Ineligible Player - Only players on the list submitted to the Official Scorer before the game may participate in the game. The determining factor when considering whether or not a player is eligible is that the player's name, and not necessarily the player's number, must be correctly listed by the Manager or Coach of that team.

If a goal is scored when an ineligible player is on the ice (whether he was involved in the scoring or not), the goal will be disallowed. This only applies to the goal scored at the stoppage of play whereby the player was deemed to be ineligible. All other goals scored previously by the ineligible player's team (with him on the ice or not) shall be allowed. The ineligible player will be removed from the game and the Club shall not be able to substitute another player from its roster. No additional penalties are to be assessed but a report of the incident must be submitted to the Commissioner. For an ineligible goalkeeper, see 5.3.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Paul Friesen ‏@friesensunmedia
Dustin Byfuglien could show up 5 minutes before the faceoff and he'd be fine. #NHLJets

Closed Thread