La Liga 2012-13 II

Old
03-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
When was the last time he had a bad game?
That's a sign of world class defensemen : they don't have bad games (contrary to a certain overrated german defenseman ).
He barely plays, lets wait until he plays 30-40 games in a season to see if he never has bad games

And I don't know why you hate Hummels so much

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Evilo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
He barely plays, lets wait until he plays 30-40 games in a season to see if he never has bad games
Absolutely, but so far, it's extremely impressive. And it's not like he plays well against small teams (Barca three times, ManU, etc...).

Quote:
And I don't know why you hate Hummels so much
I actually don't hate him and I think he's a very good young defenseman.
But the overrating here is ridiculous with him. Not only did I read that he was world class, I also read that he didn't have bad games and someone picked him over the consensus top CB in the game, Thiago Silva.
All 3 are IMO completely ridiculous.

Heck, when I dared to compare him to Sakho in his head to head game, I was told "how dare you compare?".

Hummels is certainly not a top 5 CB right now.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Deportivo owe 150+ million Euros, they will likely disappear a-la Rangers, so sad : (

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Deportivo owe 150+ million Euros, they will likely disappear a-la Rangers, so sad : (
Good they're gone if they actually owe 150+ million. That's disgusting.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Good they're gone if they actually owe 150+ million. That's disgusting.
Yeah, it's because of the president Lendorio, he's a ***** and many are asking that he should get jail time...they claimed they had assets worth like 180 and the arbiter said it was more like 91 million lol it is disgusting and pathetic because I don't want them to disappear and just a decade ago we were a top club in the world...but yeah screw it, if this I what we should get then that should be it ....still crossing my fingers the Inditex owner steps in and saves the team lolss j/k....to be fair, all but a handful of teams in Spain haven't been in Depor's position

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

I honestly think the Spanish media is behind so much of the garbage that permeates the league, but this one was pretty ****ing funny.

Translation:
Trifecta for Mourinho this week, whereas the refs have favored him in the Copa, Liga and Champions league.

Mourinho:
He who doesn't cry, doesn't get to suckle...
...And now he's suckling so beautifully.

Last edited by xavi4life: 03-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Gio Dos Santos is so fun to watch. Mallorca 2 - 1 Sevilla

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Jp20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post

I honestly think the Spanish media is behind so much of the garbage that permeates the league, but this one was pretty ****ing funny.

Translation:
Trifecta for Mourinho this week, whereas the refs have favored him in the Copa, Liga and Champions league.

Mourinho:
He who doesn't cry, doesn't get to suckle...
...And now he's suckling so beautifully.
what newspaper is this one from? pretty ******* funny. but its not as funny in english as it is in spanish.

Jp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Jp20

was anyone able to watch the barca game? who was the most outstanding today?

Jp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp20 View Post
Missed the first 30 minutes but watched the rest of the game. Nobody really stood out for me but I thought as a whole they played great. Nice short passes and off the ball runs leading to diagonal balls. Sanchez, Villa, Tello and Alves all had great games imo.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:48 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Thiago showed lots of flair, unfortunately he also had a few bad give aways. Either way with more playing time, consistency he should be very very good.

Cesc is very frustrating to watch when he floats around...

Sanchez was much better yesterday too.

Old
03-11-2013, 03:07 AM
les Habs

Nice win a match the players could have taken less seriously. Fortunately they didn't though. Roura doing some good rotations which probably helped in that regard as well as giving some guys a rest.

We probably should have won 4-0, but some poor finishing from Villa and the ref not calling that handball against Valeron (?) meant we still had to keep the tempo up. The team didn't disappoint though. Some good movement of the ball and some good passing both short and long.

Excellent from Dani Alves and some more good crossing. Amazing how he's been criticized in the past for poor crossing considering what he's put on display of late. At least we had players in the box this match. And not only the crossing, but some of the through balls from him. Some really good defensive work from him as well. Thiago looked excellent and I thought he was subbed off a bit early. Maybe Roura is saving him for Milan. Better him than Cesc, that's for sure, but then that's always been the case. Sanchez looked confident even before his goal and he put in a lot of work. His assist reminded further, as it was again in my head, of who we should sign in the Summer. I liked Adriano's speed and support in attack in the first. Mascherano's long balls were again great (still would love to see that distribution from him at DM). Tello was alright, but sometimes waits too long to start his move. His pace and runs off the ball are nice though. Puyol with a nice match as well. Biggest gripe for me was Song. Not awful, but just another reminder of how much we flushed down the toilet for an unnecessary player. Can't forget Messi. Another amazing goal for the record.

Quote:
Dani Alves. Very good match from him. Some nice crosses and even some nice through balls. Dangerous in attack and able to stretch them while also working hard and good in defense.

Thiago was good too. Some excellent skill with a stepover and a pirouette. Some nice passing too.

Sanchez had a really good match. Showed a lot of confidence from the first whistle. Great workrate throughout. A nice goal and a nice assist to cap it all off.

Messi's goal was a sublime touch. Ray Hudson's scream was scary.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 01:42 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Zaragoza sucks without Franco Zuculini. I just wanted to point out how underrated the kid is.

Getting pummeled 4-0 by Sevilla.

Old
03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Messi just scored in his 18th game in a row.

No other team has done that this season in La Liga.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 01:03 AM
les Habs

Nice win against Rayo. Rayo had a shout for a penalty at 0-0. While I didn't watch the replay more than twice, tough to call. One angle looked a possibility, the other not at all. Contact would have been very minimal at best and Chori Dominguez looked like he milked it. Anyway, Barça should have had at least 5 goals and probably more, still the three goals were nice. Liked the counterattacking and it's something the team should have been excelling at for some time now. First goal was nice with Messi's touch past the Rayo player and Villa's finish. Second was largely Messi's finishing. Third with a great finish by Messi.

Messi had a good match. Villa definitely looks good in the side and he should be keeping his place right now. Iniesta was the main creative outlet and a nice match. Cesc on the other hand was AWOL. Tough seeing Adriano go out as we start to get thin in FB depth, but Dani is a proven iron man and Alba seems the same.

Full credit to Rayo for their approach to the match. Match never felt out of control, but they definitely show more ambition and looked better for it than some of the more expensive opponents we've faced recently.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Nice win against Rayo. Rayo had a shout for a penalty at 0-0. While I didn't watch the replay more than twice, tough to call. One angle looked a possibility, the other not at all. Contact would have been very minimal at best and Chori Dominguez looked like he milked it. Anyway, Barça should have had at least 5 goals and probably more, still the three goals were nice. Liked the counterattacking and it's something the team should have been excelling at for some time now. First goal was nice with Messi's touch past the Rayo player and Villa's finish. Second was largely Messi's finishing. Third with a great finish by Messi.

Messi had a good match. Villa definitely looks good in the side and he should be keeping his place right now. Iniesta was the main creative outlet and a nice match. Cesc on the other hand was AWOL. Tough seeing Adriano go out as we start to get thin in FB depth, but Dani is a proven iron man and Alba seems the same.

Full credit to Rayo for their approach to the match. Match never felt out of control, but they definitely show more ambition and looked better for it than some of the more expensive opponents we've faced recently.
It's almost as if he doesn't want the ball, which I know is not true. I think he needs to back track a little more to open things up for himself, but then again I'm no Tito.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:15 PM
les Habs

Two interesting notes on Barça's squad travelling to Vigo:

-Abidal is back in the squad over a year after his liver transplant. It's been in the cards as he's been training for a while. I hope he gets some minutes as he could be crucial for the rest of this season assuming he's back to some semblance of his former self.

-Deulofeu is in the squad. He's been lighting it up in Segunda with the B team and I'm sure management wants to see him with the first team considering who may be leaving this Summer.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Two interesting notes on Barça's squad travelling to Vigo:

-Abidal is back in the squad over a year after his liver transplant. It's been in the cards as he's been training for a while. I hope he gets some minutes as he could be crucial for the rest of this season assuming he's back to some semblance of his former self.

-Deulofeu is in the squad. He's been lighting it up in Segunda with the B team and I'm sure management wants to see him with the first team considering who may be leaving this Summer.
Just read it on twitter, fantastic news. I doubt barca can use him in important games but I'm just happy that he's able to do what he loves again. If he can help barca that's a bonus.

With barca all but locking up la liga they should start tge youngins more, im thinking bartra, Deulofeu and even Muniesa.

Old
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Messi just scored in 19 consecutive games.
Meaning that he has scored a goal in a row against every La Liga team, has this ever happened before in a league with so many teams?

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:17 AM
Slopo

Quote:
Messi just scored in 19 consecutive games.
Meaning that he has scored a goal in a row against every La Liga team, has this ever happened before in a league with so many teams?
No, first player to do it, at least in La Liga.

Slopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Cesc and Sanchez with goals early. Alexis also assisted cesx goal wirh a gorgeous pass. Those to get dumped on a lot so it's nice seeing them play well. Tello also playing great so far.

Old
04-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Commentator on Mallorca"they cannot play football, they have no concept of how to play defense. They look shocked when they have the ball".

Tgey also ripped Nunez.said he wasn't doing anything, ball watching and looking for offsides.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Weide

Abidal!!

Weide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Commentator on Mallorca"they cannot play football, they have no concept of how to play defense. They look shocked when they have the ball".

Tgey also ripped Nunez.said he wasn't doing anything, ball watching and looking for offsides.

Old
04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
3 goals and 2 assists for Cesc. Not bad.

Great seeing Abi back. I can't believe he's playing again after all he's gone through.

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote