HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabner to BOS

Old
03-05-2013, 12:03 PM
BergyWho37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Wow that's ugly for the isles. Snow getting dinner and flowers first?
The isles are in talks to extend Streit's contract.He sounds confident of getting his 3 yr/$10m extension. No interest in flipping Streit for 27 games of Ference.
Grabner's scored 67 goals in the last 2+ seasons and makes a dirt cheap $2m.

With Carkner/ Brain Strait on the NYI roster and Mayfield/Pedan in the pipieline, not much interest in McQuaid.

With B. Nelson/Nino/Strome/Kabanov/Ullstrom not much interest in Caron.

If the isles were to package Streit+Grabner, they'd want an NHL player, who'd be an upgrade on Streit in the top 4 or an NHL player, who'd play on their 1st line next to Tavares.
So Boychuk instead of McQuaid and Caron is different then those prospects gives you another dimension not high end skill but a grinding board work guy that goes to the front of the net ...also not to bad of PK killer too

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:18 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
So Boychuk instead of McQuaid and Caron is different then those prospects gives you another dimension not high end skill but a grinding board work guy that goes to the front of the net ...also not to bad of PK killer too
I don't see why Snow would package Streit+Grabner to land Boychuk.

and I can't see Snow having any interest in Caron. The isles have quite a few solid, young forwards they want to give nhl ice time to..

Powerforwards: Nino. B. Nelson, Lee.
Two way players: Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Perrson.
Hardworking, energy guys: Cizikas
Skilled: Strome, Kabanov.

The players I expect Snow to shop are his impending ufas, who either Snow does not want back or impending ufas, that Snow can't get to sign extensions. Guys like Vis, Boyes, Reasoner, maybe Nabby.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:31 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
I don't see why Snow would package Streit+Grabner to land Boychuk.

and I can't see Snow having any interest in Caron. The isles have quite a few solid, young forwards they want to give nhl ice time to..

Powerforwards: Nino. B. Nelson, Lee.
Two way players: Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Perrson.
Hardworking, energy guys: Cizikas
Skilled: Strome, Kabanov.

The players I expect Snow to shop are his impending ufas, who either Snow does not want back or impending ufas, that Snow can't get to sign extensions. Guys like Vis, Boyes, Reasoner, maybe Nabby.
Yep that's cool ... Can't see much of a return for any of those guys... Kinda makes wonder if they care to improve ?

Sure they should improve with your young guys but how long is the wait ?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:41 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Yep that's cool ... Can't see much of a return for any of those guys... Kinda makes wonder if they care to improve ?

Sure they should improve with your young guys but how long is the wait ?
They improve when Wang or the new owner, finally surround their young nhlers, with some in their prime vets.

Instead of adding Thomas phantom $5m caphit, how much better would the isles be if they added Bobby Ryan at $5m? They certainly have a deep enough prospect pool, to be able make such a deal.

Ratner's helped come up with a plan, for developing the land surrounding NVMC. He wants the isles in Barclay's before 2015 and the only chance of that happening, is if the Bio- Tech Park development gets off the ground. The press says they want to break ground at the end of 2013.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:47 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
They improve when Wang or the new owner, finally surround their young nhlers, with some in their prime vets.

Instead of adding Thomas phantom $5m caphit, how much better would the isles be if they added Bobby Ryan at $5m? They certainly have a deep enough prospect pool, to be able make such a deal.

Ratner's helped come up with a plan, for developing the land surrounding NVMC. He wants the isles in Barclay's before 2015 and the only chance of that happening, is if the Bio- Tech Park development gets off the ground. The press says they want to break ground at the end of 2013.
Well I sure hope it turns around for you guys ....seems like forever since I seen them in the playoffs .. not a low blow just like to see them make it.. specially if the 2 NY played each other