HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Jack would fit in Pittsburgh. He wouldn't have to worry about the pesky defensive part of the game, at least. He could easily be a top-5 scoring defensman on that squad.

Old
03-05-2013, 11:53 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Jack would fit in Pittsburgh. He wouldn't have to worry about the pesky defensive part of the game, at least. He could easily be a top-5 scoring defensman on that squad.
I agree but I don't see jack leaving unless it's an over payment. The bjs would want forwards and that's the last area they want a depletion from.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

ReallY because the Flyers and Pens really need offfense, they are goal starved.
Pittsburgh does not have a top 6 right winger. They've got Kunitz and Neal; have you SEEN their right wingers? Dupuis is their best option. There's nothing wrong for them to go out and try Iginla.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
That would also look pretty bad on Johnson's part. What does that say about him as a play and as a person? Didn't like Carolina and had problems there, so he gets dealt to LA. LA trades him to Columbus (LA wins cup), now he's supposedly on the block again? this is Dany Heatley 2.0
I lost track of the number if conclusions you jumped to in this post.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Columbus new GM is a big fan of advanced stats and as we all know and had beaten into our heads by opposing fans for years, Jack does not have very good advanced stats. Don't want to see Jack in Pittsburgh because people would place some seriously unrealistic expectations upon him.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
The Planets Aligned

Shopping Bernier?

He'll be a RFA after this season, no? Does anyone think he'll will want to stay and continue pulling splinters from his behind? He needs his shot! Trade him already! He has value and the Kings could surely use it to fill some holes.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

After this month his value is likely to be extremely high. Either he'll go at the deadline or draft.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:04 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Looks like he's going back-to-back tonight. Either Sutter is finally starting to have confidence in him or Lombardi wants to show Bernier off. Either way, he deserves it

Old
03-05-2013, 01:09 PM
hangons

Jack Johnson to the Pens??

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...4500--nhl.html

Apparently Jack ain't having a good year thus far.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:12 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
Looks like he's going back-to-back tonight. Either Sutter is finally starting to have confidence in him or Lombardi wants to show Bernier off. Either way, he deserves it
Lombardi has ZERO decision making when it comes to who plays and who doesn't. Showcasing does not exist in hockey. Even if it did, it would generally lead to more harm than good.

Bernier won't be moved until the offseason unless Lombardi gets absolutely floored by an offer at the deadline. Don't forget that the playoff schedule will be condensed as well. A strong back-up is a team need for everyone.

Bernier has earned and worked hard for the starts he is getting. That's all that matters to Sutter.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Quote:
Wonder if LA would have any interest in Hamrlik, kids have been ok but I think he is on waivers at the moment no? He has been around since the donkey ages tho.
I would love Hamrlik in LA, but wouldnt we have to waive somebody to create the roster space for him?

Old
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
It's highly unlikely that Bernier gets moved this season

Old
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
It's highly unlikely that Bernier gets moved this season
Absotively

Old
03-05-2013, 01:22 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
After this month his value is likely to be extremely high. Either he'll go at the deadline or draft.
I don't think his value is going to be significantly higher just because he's put together a string of good games.

Goaltenders always go through hot and cold phases. It's just the nature of the position. GM's know this, and looking at Bernier's entire body of work he's been nothing but Mediocre in the NHL.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
DeeMeck

The whole Jack Johnson to the Penguins rumors have existed since he was drafted. The rumors are always based on his friendship with Sidney Crosby.

Overplayed.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
The whole Jack Johnson to the Penguins rumors have existed since he was drafted. The rumors are always based on his friendship with Sidney Crosby.

Overplayed.
To a certain extent yes hut Kekalinen was just at the Pens last game.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's going to take quite the package for the Pens to pull this off. The Jackets won't be getting a player close to the level of a Jeff Carter (or Voracek and a high 1st) but they could acquire some building blocks with Despres, Bennett, and a possible fourth 1st round pick in the draft.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
johnjm22

From the Jackets perspective, moving Johnson doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He actually wants to be there, and is signed to a good contract.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Lombardi has ZERO decision making when it comes to who plays and who doesn't. Showcasing does not exist in hockey. Even if it did, it would generally lead to more harm than good.

Bernier won't be moved until the offseason unless Lombardi gets absolutely floored by an offer at the deadline. Don't forget that the playoff schedule will be condensed as well. A strong back-up is a team need for everyone.

Bernier has earned and worked hard for the starts he is getting. That's all that matters to Sutter.
I wasn't saying he'll get dealt at the deadline? I'm saying teams don't have a good idea/sample of how good Bernier really is. The past 2/3 season were brief stints and this is by far the best year he's had with the Kings, which obviously drives up his value and will hopefully help the Kings get a solid deal for him in the off-season

Old
03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
DeeMeck

Jack plays well when his team is behind and he can just free wheel it. He was effective offensively with the Kings when we sucked and were always playing from behind. Once the Kings got good and were playing defensive hockey with leads he was exposed.

Once Columbus is good, and they will be in a few years, Columbus will find out the same thing.

I've always thought he would make a better winger. He has good hands and an accurate, heavy shot.

I give Crawford and Terry Murray props for trying to drill a positional defensive game in to him. I just don't think it will ever be in the cards for JJ.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
I would love Hamrlik in LA, but wouldnt we have to waive somebody to create the roster space for him?
Hamrlik >>>> Drewiske

Old
03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
DeeMeck

Quote:
I wasn't saying he'll get dealt at the deadline? I'm saying teams don't have a good idea/sample of how good Bernier really is. The past 2/3 season were brief stints and this is by far the best year he's had with the Kings, which obviously drives up his value and will hopefully help the Kings get a solid deal for him in the off-season
Yea, that 2nd paragraph was more my opinion than a response to you.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:41 PM
SuperAlmeida

Hamrlik is slow as hell! I don't want that guy on our team!

Old
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Johnny Utah

I feel bad for JJ. New GM comes in and all of a sudden he is trade fodder where as a few months ago he everyone in Columbus was hyping him as future star and captain in Columbus.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Always thought Simmonds was the much bigger loss than Schenn. Brayden was in a tough spot with the Kings, he didn't progress nearly as quickly as we had hoped and the Kings had to upgrade at second line center, Stoll was never the answer and we were wasting core years of Kopitar, Brown, Quick etc. because we had no second line center.

Simmonds is an extremely unique player, not many guys can play the game the way he does. He carries tremendous value in the league, but it was a trade that had to be made for the Kings.
Agreed. Simmonds was always way behind Lucic, Clowe, Stewart, Iginla, Doan, when people talked about best power forwards in the league...now he is right up there in the top 3. He is shown he can fight anyone, play in all situations and score big goals. He has 9 goals and 8 assists and 4 fights...no losses. This is coming off last years 28 goal season. Kings believed Clifford was ready to take his spot, but as much as I like Cliffy, he is not Simmonds. Wayne showed even his first year he was more than a 4th line player with 9 goals. Now we have a void of a power forward. Penner is awful, King has 1 goal, Nolan is a stud, but showing he is still a 4th liner...I'm hoping Andreoff is the 2nd coming on Simmonds.

Closed Thread