HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban's play since coming back

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You make valid points.

If the Habs start losing more games, and its due to the penalty killing, I would hope that Therrien would make adjustments.

And if he doesnt, then I would be vocal as well. Until then, I am not going to complain (I know, you dont call it that ) while we are doing well.
That's fine, but I rather make improvements while we're still winning. That way we can improve while winning, instead of waiting to lose to make adjustments where they're obviously due. I guess we'll see what happen. In any event, our team as a whole is playing better than anybody expected. We can all agree on that.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:53 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's fine, but I rather make improvements while we're still winning. That way we can improve while winning, instead of waiting to lose to make adjustments where they're obviously due.
So if he increases Subban's minutes and the Habs start losing, are you just going to find other things to blame it on?

Old
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
So if he increases Subban's minutes and the Habs start losing, are you just going to find other things to blame it on?
Not sure what this is about..

Did I ever blame any of our losses on the fact PK wasn't playing enough??

Actually, many people here got very upset and flat out blamed White for 2 losses and I defended him. You win and lose as a team.

If PK plays more and he actually is hurting us more than helping, then I'll have no problem saying he should go back to playing less. I never had any problem saying this for every player over the years. Not going to change for PK.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, that didn't stop Toronto from trying to decapitate everyone of our guys at every opportunity, and he wasn't the reason why Boston put a beatdown on guys like Pyatt, Spacek and Hammer.

Why I think it's a good thing for PK to be a pest is that not only did he get under opponents's skin by yapping away at them, but unlike your typical pest, he is extremely gifted, so the guys had a very tough time catching him and he has a very good ability to roll off incoming opponents to nullify their hits. So he got even more annoying than just your regular pest.

I will agree on one thing, not being a pest attracts less attention. But I think he did a very good job at getting under the opposition's skin in previous years, and we had less guys that could back him up.

Not saying he needs to go back to those ways, but I wouldn't mind if he did. Always fun to watch the opposition get frustrated.
guess Pyatt, Hammer and Space isnt enough, let's add Subban to the list

Old
03-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Miller Time

haters gonna hate...

Subban's play speaks for itself, and if we're lucky we'll get to continue watching him develop with the habs for the next decade +

Old
03-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Yeah. Room to improve... From dead last to top of the Conference.. Yeah...Sure... of course, but it's a darn good start up.

And check your stats. he is already the third most used d-man in the last 10 games.
Wow... the third most used blueliner?

Geez, I guess I was all wrong then....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
What I bolded made me laugh.

Therrien IS bigger than the team because he is their coach. Its his job. And Bergevin IS bigger than Therrien and the team because he is the GM. And so on and on.

That one was sort of a stretch, eh?
WTF are you talking about? Are you serious? That's the dumbest thing I've read in this thread.

And you sit there and laugh about it? Dude you are whacked out... are you Mario Tremblay?

Old
03-03-2013, 02:33 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

The more I see of Subban under Therrien, the happier I am with Therrien. While he may not be getting the ice time he's capable of playing currently, Therrien is playing him to his strengths and fine tuning his weaknesses.

Martin gave him a load of ice time, but pigeonholed him into a role he was good at, and at the time I was very happy with. Seeing the difference under Therrien has changed my opinion on that, though. Martin definitely improved his defensive play but also hampered his development by slowly turning him from an offensive force into a defensive D with offensive potential..

Therrien has been utilizing him as an offensive defenseman with some defensive skills. Rather than forcing him into a system that isn't fully suited for him, he's tuning his all around game and playing up his strengths.

Under Martin I was wondering if that was as good as it got with Subban, but Therrien's utilization has been reminding me the best is yet to come.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:26 AM
PricePkPatch

Subban had a great offensive flair yesterday. Loved it. He is truly a clutch performer, the kind I wanna have if I am trailing behind 1 goal on Game 7 with 3 minutes left to go.

He was a bit fuzzy at times in the D-zone, but then again, so was our entire D-corps

Old
03-03-2013, 07:11 AM
hockeyfan2k11

His minutes were better last night. I just don't get why Markov and Emelin get so much icetime. I think Markov is fine, but Emelin is not ready for primetime. On the ice for too many goals.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Kjell Dahlin

I am also wishing for Gorges – Subban (especially on the PK) but Therrien, in such a dense schedule, is doing a fine job regarding his TOI distribution: in the current context, increasing the workload of your 3rd pairing and 4th line is a smart decision.

Subban, our second best D (Markov takes better decisions... particularly in our zone), is currently playing 20-22 minutes per game so he is not significantly underutilised.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Subban's our best defenseman (move aside, Marky) and it's time he's being played as such.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
habs86

vCash: 265
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
IMO he has to take just a little off the point shot, need his shot on net NOT wide...would not be sad to see him traded......

Old
03-03-2013, 09:19 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs86 View Post
would not be sad to see him traded......
wtf is wrong with you? Subban is an asset to the team and we're better with him than without him.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
IMO he has to take just a little off the point shot, need his shot on net NOT wide...would not be sad to see him traded......
There aren't many young, PMD in the league with Subban's skill-set. Trading him would be a major mistake, and we would instantly need to find another PMD to plug the hole he would leave.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Maelpj*

Why isn't Subban name never come up in Capitaincy discussion? Great energy, funny, one of our best player pretty much each night, mature..

Seriously I would even give it to Pacman before Gorges.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:28 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Subban's our best defenseman (move aside, Marky) and it's time he's being played as such.
I can't believe there was ever a debate.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
What in the...

Old
03-03-2013, 09:29 PM
TalkingHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Why isn't Subban name never come up in Capitaincy discussion? Great energy, funny, one of our best player pretty much each night, mature..

Because PJ Stock said PK was a locker room cancer.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:31 PM
bib
#believe

Good discipline by Subban tonight calming down Kaberle.

That's how you beat the Bruins, playing smart hockey and staying focused.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

So I turn on the Phoenix game and I've missed the three shooters on each side. Up next... OEL, bullet shot and he scores.

So I've now seen 5 mins and 10 secs of this guy and he's been a superstar...

Old
03-04-2013, 11:10 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
So I turn on the Phoenix game and I've missed the three shooters on each side. Up next... OEL, bullet shot and he scores.

So I've now seen 5 mins and 10 secs of this guy and he's been a superstar...
That was just OEL being OEL! What a shot though, for real!

Kid is legit. Superstar for sure.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Lozela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post

Actually i heard somewhere that Bergevin & Therrien told him that they see him as a future captain.

I see him more than Gorges because he can actually change a game by scoring a big goal, making a great play or a big hit

Old
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
PricePkPatch

The only thing that annoyed me yesterday was Subban's lack mobility on the powerplay - either 5 on 4 or on 3.

When he has the puck, He doesn't move. He just remains there an consider.

Not cool Subby; you should keep it moving around

Old
03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Maelpj*

How many points can SUbban get in a full season? I'd say he is gonna get 45+ for sure a couple of time

Old
03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

A lot of quiet people nowadays. Lulz

Closed Thread