HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Adam Henrique

Old
03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Robert Theodorson

vCash: 500
Henrique's true value will be revealed after this postseason (if the Devils don't crap out).

His true value could very well be that of a top notch playoff performer, as the limited time we've seen him has shown us.

Those types of players, especially young ones, are invaluable.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:34 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Devils are not moving Henrique unless its for severe overpayment, end of story.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Devils fans already love him, especially after the Rangers series. I'd hate to see him gone. In fact, he is one of five Devils I wouldn't deal at all (Kovalchuk, Larsson, Elias, Brodeur and Henrique).

Bondys Champagne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Am I insane now or are Devils fans?

You guys need a goalie down the pipe for Brodeur to pass the torch to. Unless you can get Halak, Elliot, Schneider or Harding, there aren't too many goalies ready to take the #1 spot and do well. Oh, sure you can grab a couple guys like Florida and rotate goalies but that hasn't worked for anyone except the Blues.

Can you honestly say that Wedgewood or someone else in your system will be a starter in a couple seasons?

Take Bernier and say thank you
So, based on your comments, the Devils should pay WHATEVER the Kings ask for Bernier, because they've got a serious need in net going forward?

Historically, unproven goalies, which Bernier is, don't get traded for guys like Henrique. They just don't. I like Bernier, and think he's got a lot of potential. But unless DL pulls off a jedi-mind trick type of deal, he's not going to get a young legit scoring line player with REALLY high potential back for him.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 11:57 AM
JimEIV

I'd hang up the phone on any goalie offer.

You've gotta be talking about a more rugged goal scoring winger coming to NJ for them to listen.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofLA View Post
And yet, he has a better gaa than both of your teams goaltender. Bernier is out playing Quick and a lot of other goaltenders this year. The kid is ready to take #1 goaltending position.
Bernier has started 47 career games and has a .912 save percentage. Good job.

It takes a goalie multiple season's of starting 50+ games to prove he's a legitimate NHL starter.

Additionally, when goalie's like Fasth, Hiller, Thomas, and Rinne continually pop up in the 5th round or signed from overseas, I don't see a real incentive to trade a valuable asset like Henrique for another team's backup goaltender.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visnovsky View Post
Hi guys, just wondering what Adam Henrique would garner in a trade?
Is it even remotely realistic, that he would be traded?

As a Toronto-fan, I think he's a player that would be (IMO) ideal with Kessel.
It would take a deal that NJ thought absolutely made them a better team.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:40 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Bernier has started 47 career games and has a .912 save percentage. Good job.

It takes a goalie multiple season's of starting 50+ games to prove he's a legitimate NHL starter.

Additionally, when goalie's like Fasth, Hiller, Thomas, and Rinne continually pop up in the 5th round or signed from overseas, I don't see a real incentive to trade a valuable asset like Henrique for another team's backup goaltender.
Having 1.53 gaa and .933 save%, is not bad on a team with just 4 wins above .500 is pretty good. And while it is true you can draft a good goaltender in the latter rounds, the chances are slim. By your way of thinking every team would have like 5 starting goaltenders because they can be drafted from the third round and back. and the btw, 2 of the 4 goaltenders you mentioned were beat with Bernier in net this week.

kingsofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:19 PM
HyPnOtiK

Henrique is a solid player, but very overrated. Not worth trading for.

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPnOtiK View Post
Henrique is a solid player, but very overrated. Not worth trading for.
note the location.

it all makes sense.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Devilsfan118

The Devils have literally no offensive prospects worth talking about in the system.

They also currently have very thin forward depth, and removing Henrique without receiving a forward in return would make an essentially stale offense even more stagnant.

Devilsfan118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:51 PM
BroadwayHustle

Devils fans are in love with the kid. He will be the next Elias for them. I don't think they have the pieces to compete without a top goalie, but I thought Kinkaid was supposed to be their next #1 (he is a couple years away though)

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
Devils fans are in love with the kid. He will be the next Elias for them. I don't think they have the pieces to compete without a top goalie, but I thought Kinkaid was supposed to be their next #1 (he is a couple years away though)
He maybe has his first NHL game tonight But I agree, I think he needs some time. Don't know about several years though

Bondys Champagne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Am I insane now or are Devils fans?

You guys need a goalie down the pipe for Brodeur to pass the torch to. Unless you can get Halak, Elliot, Schneider or Harding, there aren't too many goalies ready to take the #1 spot and do well. Oh, sure you can grab a couple guys like Florida and rotate goalies but that hasn't worked for anyone except the Blues.

Can you honestly say that Wedgewood or someone else in your system will be a starter in a couple seasons?

Take Bernier and say thank you
Your insane. Dont want or need a goalie

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Having 1.53 gaa and .933 save%, is not bad on a team with just 4 wins above .500 is pretty good. And while it is true you can draft a good goaltender in the latter rounds, the chances are slim. By your way of thinking every team would have like 5 starting goaltenders because they can be drafted from the third round and back. and the btw, 2 of the 4 goaltenders you mentioned were beat with Bernier in net this week.
Even though Lindback has very comparable career stats to Bernier, I doubt anyone would part with Henrique for him. Until Bernier puts those kind of #s up playing 50+ games a season, he has potential, but is not a sure #1 worth a very good young center.

AslanRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
BroadwayHustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post
He maybe has his first NHL game tonight But I agree, I think he needs some time. Don't know about several years though
Well Brodeur and Hedberg both have contracts till the end of next season, i figured at best he would split time with Brodeur and when Brodeur retires he takes the #1 role

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM
HyPnOtiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
note the location.

it all makes sense.
I'm very high on Tavares, Hamonic, Kovy, McDonaugh, Letang, ect, if anything what I say has more credibility, I watch them all often.

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
so a 23 year old Calder finalist who is a very good two way center is not worth trading for?

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Your insane. Dont want or need a goalie
Don't need? Brodeur is what? 40? you're two others are 35+?
Wedgewood doesn't look to be a bonafide starter for the Titans. Not sure how his play looks now (going on stats) but he wasn't anything spectacular in Plymouth

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Even though Lindback has very comparable career stats to Bernier, I doubt anyone would part with Henrique for him. Until Bernier puts those kind of #s up playing 50+ games a season, he has potential, but is not a sure #1 worth a very good young center.
I do not see either player being traded. Henrique flat out won't be traded and Bernier has found a new level of play. Bernier gives an awesome back up if we go into the Playoffs and Quick is not Quick of last year playoffs. With Quick struggling and LA needing someone to hold the fort till Quick gets his game together. Perfect match and so i doubt Bernier is traded this season.

I think Bernier can get his value as high as Varlamov. And Varlamov was coming of a 27 game played season when he was traded, so it is not like he had played 50+ games in a season

Old
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
I do not see either player being traded. Henrique flat out won't be traded and Bernier has found a new level of play. Bernier gives an awesome back up if we go into the Playoffs and Quick is not Quick of last year playoffs. With Quick struggling and LA needing someone to hold the fort till Quick gets his game together. Perfect match and so i doubt Bernier is traded this season.

I think Bernier can get his value as high as Varlamov. And Varlamov was coming of a 27 game played season when he was traded, so it is not like he had played 50+ games in a season
I don't disagree. As for Varlamov, Avs did not trade a known commodity like Henrique, but even at the time I felt it was a huge risk on Sherman's part (fortunately it looks to be worth it).

Old
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Sawyer
Wheeeee

Quote:
I don't disagree. As for Varlamov, Avs did not trade a known commodity like Henrique, but even at the time I felt it was a huge risk on Sherman's part (fortunately it looks to be worth it).
Well, it was a 1st and 2nd rounder for an unsigned RFA

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:31 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Well, it was a 1st and 2nd rounder for an unsigned RFA
Which turned out to be F. Forsberg and M. Winther (Wash traded for Ribero). Much rather have Varly. Henrique is probably worth more than a mid 1st and 2nd right now to the Devils.

Contract with Varly was agreed on in premise before the trade.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
kingsofLA

Quote:
I guess the wild factor for the Capitals was also your AVs were coming off a season where they had just finished picking 2nd overall. But 10th was not to bad, plus a second rounder.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Does sample size mean anything to you? Bernier has played like five games this season.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is online now   Reply With Quote