HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
From the Jackets perspective, moving Johnson doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He actually wants to be there, and is signed to a good contract.
Except there is a new GM and he might see what everyone else seems to see and that is a huge minus sign in the stat column for Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I feel bad for JJ. New GM comes in and all of a sudden he is trade fodder where as a few months ago he everyone in Columbus was hyping him as future star and captain in Columbus.
I'm not sure Jack would cry if he ended up in Pittsburgh and out of Columbus.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:55 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
I feel bad for JJ. New GM comes in and all of a sudden he is trade fodder where as a few months ago he everyone in Columbus was hyping him as future star and captain in Columbus.
He was hyped that way here too.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Johnny Utah

I'm not defending JJ, I love Carter and loved that deal but it sucks for a guy to get traded and you hear how much he loves his new team and is becoming a leader and now is about to be traded AGAIN. Carolina to LA to Columbus and now possibly traded again. Wow.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:58 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Hamrlik is slow as hell! I don't want that guy on our team!
Considering I never ever want to see him any deeper than just inside the opponents blue line, I'm good with him being slow...

Old
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm not defending JJ, I love Carter and loved that deal but it sucks for a guy to get traded and you hear how much he loves his new team and is becoming a leader and now is about to be traded AGAIN. Carolina to LA to Columbus and now possibly traded again. Wow.
Blame the guy who made Jack's U of Michigan videos on YouTube.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sort of sucks for JJ, because I am sure he likes being in Ohio and close to his family, though you would think that Johnson would be pretty happy with the Penguins and being re-united with his BFF. It is similar to a Richards and Carter situation. I can see JJ being happy on either team.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Asheru

Yeah, I don't think JJ would be broken up at getting a chance to play for a top contender with Malkin and his good friend Crosby.

Pittsburgh shouldn't do it, IMO - though maybe we should hope they do.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sort of sucks for JJ, because I am sure he likes being in Ohio and close to his family, though you would think that Johnson would be pretty happy with the Penguins and being re-united with his BFF. It is similar to a Richards and Carter situation. I can see JJ being happy on either team.
Pittsburgh is a pretty short drive from Ohio. I lived in Ohio in my younger days and we used to see family in Western PA all the time. I think it's like 3 hours

That being said, this is a media generated rumor. Pitt can't afford JJ they'll be too far up against the cap

Old
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

JJ has a long-term contract and he's only in his mid-20s and they are already thinking about trading him? Incompetent front office.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
JJ has a long-term contract and he's only in his mid-20s and they are already thinking about trading him? Incompetent front office.
Also known as being highly respected and analytical...

Old
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Capitals have waived Hamrlik. I wonder if Dean will show any interest, like he did with Sturm. Could claim him and always re-waive him later.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417437

Though I'd expect the Islanders to claim him.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
no name

Quote:
Agreed. Simmonds was always way behind Lucic, Clowe, Stewart, Iginla, Doan, when people talked about best power forwards in the league...now he is right up there in the top 3. He is shown he can fight anyone, play in all situations and score big goals. He has 9 goals and 8 assists and 4 fights...no losses. This is coming off last years 28 goal season. Kings believed Clifford was ready to take his spot, but as much as I like Cliffy, he is not Simmonds. Wayne showed even his first year he was more than a 4th line player with 9 goals. Now we have a void of a power forward. Penner is awful, King has 1 goal, Nolan is a stud, but showing he is still a 4th liner...I'm hoping Andreoff is the 2nd coming on Simmonds.
The only thing that makes Simmonds a PF now days is that he fights. his game is not close to what it was when he was a King. He is nothing but a finesse player now days. No disrespect to him because he's playing amazing offense but the man doesn't hit, drive to the net and only stick pokes in the corners.

yet another example of how the Kings system restrains offense.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The Capitals have waived Hamrlik. I wonder if Dean will show any interest, like he did with Sturm. Could claim him and always re-waive him later.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417437

Though I'd expect the Islanders to claim him.
So, you would start Hamrlik and bench Ellerby I'm guessing? You better not say Muzzin because the guy's been solid the past 5 or so.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lots of scouts present tonight:
https://twitter.com/helenenothelen
Quote:
Another big night for scouts on seating chart at Kings' game. Vancouver (2), NYR (2), Boston (3), Anaheim, Nashville, Buffalo, Dallas(more)
Calgary, Ottawa, Detroit (2), Philly, Montreal, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Wash, Minny, Edmonton, SJ, Toronto and PHX all listed on seating chart

Old
03-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Bernier

Old
03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Jesus christ

Old
03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
no name

Back to Schenn. he single handedly gave away two goals today and got in another tiff with Hartnell. he and Hartnell have been going at it all year. his mind seems to be on his issues and not on hockey. Something has to be done with this kid.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I could see the Kings/Flyers talking trade against this offseason once the Flyers buyout Bryzgalov. He is dreadful for the Flyers and isn't going to workout there.

Would love to reacquire Simmonds but I doubt the Flyers move him. If Bernier keeps up this level of play, he's going to create a bigger market for his services this summer.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Jebus
That boulder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Bernier
Do you really need to scout a goalie live? Honest question. I would guess there are more players being scouted like Penner and maybe one of the young dmen.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
no name

Quote:
I could see the Kings/Flyers talking trade against this offseason once the Flyers buyout Bryzgalov. He is dreadful for the Flyers and isn't going to workout there.

Would love to reacquire Simmonds but I doubt the Flyers move him. If Bernier keeps up this level of play, he's going to create a bigger market for his services this summer.
I doubt Simmonds would ever be moved. I'd love to have Schenn again though. I think Sutter can reach him.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
KingCanadain1976

King Drewiski (if hes in ) bernier muzzin nolan lewis ( if its a big trade) and nolan all possible players that can go in the right trade.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Ollie Weeks

I'm starting to wonder if Ellerby will be here beyond this season. He seems to be trending down in terms of minutes munched, and I'm noticing a lot of goofy passes to nobody off his stick lately.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:48 PM
funky

Missing the game but looks like Bernier crapped the bed, down 3 to 1 and he was pulled. Here comes the haters

Old
03-05-2013, 10:49 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

After this season, Bryzgalov is still owed $34.5 million on his contract. If it's an amnesty buy out, doesn't he have to get paid that in full? If so, I can't see even the Flyers paying out that much just to get rid of him. Even if they wait until next summer, which is the deadline for amnesty buy outs, it'd still be $26.5 million owed.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:11 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Carter for Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Bennett, Despres, Pouliot, 4 1sts, and $30M in cash.

Closed Thread