HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[Vid] Embellishment City

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
  #251
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Claude Julien press conference.


bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
  #252
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
  #253
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linters View Post
Do you know if they'll put the segment on their website, don't usually use them for anything and don't have a TV so can't watch it but I'd love to see what some members of the professional media have to say about it.
No idea bro.

But if you want to know they said pretty much the same thing that people are saying here. That it was funny , that every team in the league dive so publicly calling out another team for it when you have skeletons in your closet may not be a wise idea. They also brought the number of PP the Habs had this year and one of the guy said that they mostly draw penalties because of their speed and their constant aggressive forecheck and not because they dive or embellish all the time.

The headline was " Coach Julien under fire after embellishement comments". They showed the videos (well parts of)

That's not 100% exact but that sort of resume it

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:28 PM
  #254
Linters*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
No idea bro.

But if you want to know they said pretty much the same thing that people are saying here. That it was funny , that every team in the league dive so publicly calling out another team for it when you have skeletons in your closet may not be a wise idea. They also brought the number of PP the Habs had this year and one of the guy said that they mostly draw penalties because of their speed and their constant aggressive forecheck and not because they dive or embellish all the time.

The headline was " Coach Julien under fire after embellishement comments"

That's not 100% exact but that sort of resume it
Thanks for the summation.

Linters* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:28 PM
  #255
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.
Not every team in the league complains about other team's embellishing though.

Hypocritical.

Irony.

Poetic justice.

Comedy gold.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:28 PM
  #256
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.
With the coach saying how diving should be banned and completely ignoring the fact that his team does it? I don't remember watching a video of any other coach saying to the media, demanding the officials do something about embellishing.

The problem is not that other teams dive, it's that the NHL allows it's marquee teams coach to call out officials with no sanction. Not to mention how hypocritical it is.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
  #257
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.
I disagree with this, every team embellishes at some point or another, very few publicly whine about other teams doing it.

The "ironing" is delicious

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
  #258
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.
That's pretty much the point of the video. Julien thinks he's some hockey saint. "It's not about tonight's game , it's about the sport"

Or whatever he blathered about. Tool

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:35 PM
  #259
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Not every team in the league complains about other team's embellishing though.

Hypocritical.

Irony.

Poetic justice.

Comedy gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
With the coach saying how diving should be banned and completely ignoring the fact that his team does it? I don't remember watching a video of any other coach saying to the media, demanding the officials do something about embellishing.

The problem is not that other teams dive, it's that the NHL allows it's marquee teams coach to call out officials with no sanction. Not to mention how hypocritical it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I disagree with this, every team embellishes at some point or another, very few publicly whine about other teams doing it.

The "ironing" is delicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
That's pretty much the point of the video. Julien thinks he's some hockey saint. "It's not about tonight's game , it's about the sport"

Or whatever he blathered about. Tool
This is all true and dont get me wrong its funny. I just think that if he could go back, he wouldnt have said what he did. Just like the other video we arent allowed to post. Im sure he got lost in the heat of the moment and he took the heat off his team for giving up a 3rd period lead.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:40 PM
  #260
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
avatar season is open guys











Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
  #261
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
avatar season is open guys
I'd make it our theme for this year's playoffs, it would be great payback for those ****ing 911 avatars.

And that's my beef with this whole video ban thing, the whole 911 thing was ok, no problem, but this isn't?

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
  #262
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I'd make it our theme for this year's playoffs, it would be great payback for those ****ing 911 avatars.

And that's my beef with this whole video ban thing, the whole 911 thing was ok, no problem, but this isn't?
911 thing was ruled as trolling on hf.

Pretty much after the fact, though.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
  #263
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.
Very true. However, if you're going to whine and act like your team never dives, then this video needs to be made. Sadly, people will still say no one on the bruins dives...

****, Chara dives.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
  #264
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
This is all true and dont get me wrong its funny. I just think that if he could go back, he wouldnt have said what he did. Just like the other video we arent allowed to post. Im sure he got lost in the heat of the moment and he took the heat off his team for giving up a 3rd period lead.
I don't really put too much emphasis on it being satire. It's not because it's funny I want this video to be everywhere, it's because it is the truth. I want CJ to look like the buffoon that he is for making such irrational comments and thus giving a whole fanbase a reason to complain. Boston writers are defending him and for what? I am tired of this facade that the Habs continuously get, and for no good reason.

Did Subban embellish after he was hit from behind? Personally I do not see it, he was hit from behind, went to his knees on the ice and got right back up. What type of embellishment is that? But the Bruins coach gets to say whatever he wants to the media, even slander Subban... Pathetic

Here is the video of the hit:


Where in the world is the embellishment?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Posting that video on the main board is the Middle Earth equivalent of saying Sauron's name. If you do, you're done for.

Kinda pathetic if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I understand why the mods do it, I just find it ridiculous that a fanbase that's so high on toughness has such thin skin.
I understand that free speech is not a right when you talk about personal property, but why in the world does a video that is being discussed in the media get black listed on a forum that will only take references from the media... Very odd.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
  #265
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
This is all true and dont get me wrong its funny. I just think that if he could go back, he wouldnt have said what he did. Just like the other video we arent allowed to post. Im sure he got lost in the heat of the moment and he took the heat off his team for giving up a 3rd period lead.
For some reason people like to give the benefit of the doubt to the Bruins a lot.
When Recchi said MaxPac probably didn't even have a concussion because he was at the movies 5 days later, it was apparently done to take pressure off Chara.
Now Julien does this and it's to take the heat off his team for giving up the lead.

I don't buy that. The Bruins constantly make themselves look bad in the media. Look at the type of hockey they play, Lucic runs Miller, Chara puts a kid's head into the stanchion, Ference gives the finger to the crowd, Marchand clips Salo's knees, Campbell beats on Pyatt with his elbow pad, Boychuk beats on Spacek, Thornton pounds Hamrlik.
Every player that gets on the Boston roster suddenly becomes this goon. Heck, even Chris freaking Kelly skates as if he's this tough guy.

Julien says that his team would never do what Lapierre did and try to shove his fingers in the mouth of Bergevin to mock the earlier biting incident, and the next game you have veteran Recchi and Lucic do the exact same.

I mean, you're talking about a team that has consistently shown that they're dirty, and whatever the coach says to the press is always BS.
Now I'm supposed to believe this is some kind of smart strategy to protect his team?? Please man, Julien is dumb, so is Recchi, so is a bunch of players there.

Also, if this actually is a strategy, it's a seriously bad one. Bad games happen. Blown leads happen. It's not the end of the world. Whining in the media about things that didn't even happen makes you look worse than a blown lead, and it attracts even more attention and bad press.
Which also proves my point of Julien simply being dumb.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
  #266
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post

I understand that free speech is not a right when you talk about personal property, but why in the world does a video that is being discussed in the media get black listed on a forum that will only take references from the media... Very odd.
Everyone has already seen it, and if they haven't yet, they will very soon. At this point it pretty much only creates headaches for all involved.

Great video though.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
  #267
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
This is all true and dont get me wrong its funny. I just think that if he could go back, he wouldnt have said what he did. Just like the other video we arent allowed to post. Im sure he got lost in the heat of the moment and he took the heat off his team for giving up a 3rd period lead.
If only it was his first offense.

Unfortunately, this hypocrisy seems ingrained in their hockey culture, especially when it comes to the Habs. I don't know what to call it these days, but its origins lie in the realm of xenophobia.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:56 PM
  #268
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Everyone has already seen it, and if they haven't yet, they will very soon. At this point it pretty much only creates headaches for all involved.

Great video though.
I don't follow. Who is getting a headache from a video that shows a coach saying how embellishing should be banned, only to have the clip follow up with many of his own players doing that exact thing.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
  #269
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
911 thing was ruled as trolling on hf.

Pretty much after the fact, though.
Like a year and a half after the fact.

I direct you people to my post in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
The only way to get at the Bruins in a productive manner is to ask them if they're gonna whine about it to the press post-game, after everything they bring up.

"Subban sold that!"
You gonna call a press conference about it?

"Price didn't cover the puck, that goal shoulda stood!"
You gonna whine to the media?

"Emelin's hit was dirty!"
Well it wasn't called, why don't you tell ESPN your thoughts on the situation?

"You scabs are such divers!"
You should make T-shirts about it. Extra-large for Julien and Marchand's nose.

"Markov shouldn't have assassinated the president"
Why don't you get Bill Simmons on the line?
This would be a pretty good avatar theme, no?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
  #270
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This would be a pretty good avatar theme, no?
I think that might actually fly and I like it

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
  #271
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I don't follow. Who is getting a headache from a video that shows a coach saying how embellishing should be banned, only to have the clip follow up with many of his own players doing that exact thing.
Bruins fans get pissy, their rival fans get pissy back, mud starts slinging & the mods inevitably have to get involved.

The same ole' song and dance. Know what I mean? We've all seen it by now though, so it's all good.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great video. I shared it on twitter yesterday to a lot of positive response.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:15 PM
  #272
Trebek
Mod Supervisor
 
Trebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I'd make it our theme for this year's playoffs, it would be great payback for those ****ing 911 avatars.

And that's my beef with this whole video ban thing, the whole 911 thing was ok, no problem, but this isn't?
Per my original post in the main board thread:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (WELL, ANSWERS) ABOUT THE VIDEO DECISION:

Yes, it's a funny video.

No, it doesn't advance the discussion in a meaningful way. If you want to talk about any perceived hypocricy on the part of Claude Julien, have at it.

Here's a link for those of you who want to see it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...6712--nhl.html


The main point - posting the video distracts from the point. If you want to talk about how Julien is a hypocrite, then go for it (we've allowed that). The video serves as a distraction.

Trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:15 PM
  #273
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,171
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This would be a pretty good avatar theme, no?
Why do you hate us mods

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:18 PM
  #274
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,109
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Bruins fans get pissy, their rival fans get pissy back, mud starts slinging, the mods have to get involved.

The same ole' song and dance. Know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great video. I shared it on twitter yesterday to a lot of positive response.
I don't understand having a discussion then without the proof that shows CJ is a buffoon. How can the Bruins fanbase even deny anything at this point?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
  #275
Andy
Moderator
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,364
vCash: 500
seriously, if the Bruins were allows to use the 9-11 avatars, can we use the whining avatars?

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.