HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

2012-2013 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 09:12 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
Another point for Schmaltz tonight against Bemidji with the game still in progress.

1 + 3 = 4 and + 3 in his last 6.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:30 AM
stlweir

Edmundson scores his 9th goal of the season to go along with 15 assists.

Last edited by stlweir: 03-02-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Correction
Old
03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Binnington with a 40 save performance in a 2-1 SO loss to Kitchener.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Binnington with a 40 save performance in a 2-1 SO loss to Kitchener.
Lundström is probably my favourite goalie prospect, but every time I see Binnington or read his stat line I question that.

Goalies are so difficult to project to NHL level, but with Binnington, Lundström and maybe even Allen there is a decent chance we'll hit the jackpot with 1.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Lundström is probably my favourite goalie prospect, but every time I see Binnington or read his stat line I question that.

Goalies are so difficult to project to NHL level, but with Binnington, Lundström and maybe even Allen there is a decent chance we'll hit the jackpot with 1.
I really like all three goalies. There are a couple things to remember about Binnington's stats. He is on a very good team (tied for 4th best in OHL) and is in his 4th year in the OHL. Not that these mean he isn't a solid goalie, but more or less things to consider.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:27 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

vCash: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I really like all three goalies. There are a couple things to remember about Binnington's stats. He is on a very good team (tied for 4th best in OHL) and is in his 4th year in the OHL. Not that these mean he isn't a solid goalie, but more or less things to consider.
I like all 3 Goalies as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how Binnington plays in Peoria next year with Allen ( unless Elliott is traded over the summer ) then Allen will back up Halak you would think. I doubt McKenna will be brought back to Peoria.

Does anyone if Lundström plans on crossing the pond to play in North America next season?

Old
03-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
You can never project too much from junior stats, no matter what position. With Binnington it is a little easier because Malcolm Subban is on a similar team in the same League and they are basically matching each other all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
I like all 3 Goalies as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how Binnington plays in Peoria next year with Allen ( unless Elliott is traded over the summer ) then Allen will back up Halak you would think. I doubt McKenna will be brought back to Peoria.

Does anyone if Lundström plans on crossing the pond to play in North America next season?
I think we'll look at trading Elliott; he has shown he can handle himself and the bonus is Allen's extension would likely save us between $700k-$900k rather than keeping Elliott. Also, it makes more sense to have Allen splitting time in the NHL at this point than taking time away from Binnington in the AHL.

Lundström will probably stay in Sweden, because we don't really have a spot for him here. His contract with AIK is up at the end of the year and their starter, Daniel Larsson is signed through next season (I had thought it was the opposite). I'd hope that he moves to another team where he can take up more of a role.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Prussian_Blue

I'd like to see Halak and Allen as the goalies in St. Louis next season, and Binnington and Karpowich in Peoria. McKenna could be signed as a goalie tutor and emergency goalie or something like that, unless the Blues like what results they got from the Ty Conklin experiment they recently conducted in Peoria.

Ex-NHLer Conklin gets coaching tryout with Rivermen goaltenders

The following year, Francois Tremblay will be ready to come out of the "Q," and Lundstrom should be ready to come over at that point, too. So next year is an opportunity for Karpowich to make or break.

Not sure what the plan is for Zoltan Hetenyi, who was acquired from Nashville in the Scott Ford trade a week or so back, but he's playing fairly well in the ECHL. He has better numbers in the ECHL than Karpowich, actually, but Karpowich is a drafted prospect and a first-year pro where Hetenyi is an undrafted free agent with significant pro experience in Europe and over here.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Another point for Schmaltz tonight against Bemidji with the game still in progress.

1 + 3 = 4 and + 3 in his last 6.
He also added another goal this weekend. Kid is starting to come around a bit. But it really isn't much of a shock. He knew going into the season he would need to work on his defense - and it seems he made it a priority. Now that he is more comfortable, the offense is starting to pick up.

Watched his game against Denver. He is pretty solid in the dzone. Played against Denver's top line against Shore.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:38 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Rattie had a couple goals last night in a loss.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
He also added another goal this weekend. Kid is starting to come around a bit. But it really isn't much of a shock. He knew going into the season he would need to work on his defense - and it seems he made it a priority. Now that he is more comfortable, the offense is starting to pick up.

Watched his game against Denver. He is pretty solid in the dzone. Played against Denver's top line against Shore.
Yeah, Im not too worried about Schmaltz at this point, we knew he was going to be a project. ND will be losing 2-3 defensemen after this season, so he will be seeing a lot more playing time next year.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:20 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post

Good to hear. Even though he has a very lanky frame and is more known for his offensive abilities, his old USHL coach said he had one of the best defensive sticks he'd ever seen.

Also looks like he accrued much more PP time than he did earlier in the year. Quarterbacking a power play is his bread and butter. Not surprising that the points started coming after that.

Old
03-04-2013, 05:12 AM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

Quote:
You can never project too much from junior stats, no matter what position. With Binnington it is a little easier because Malcolm Subban is on a similar team in the same League and they are basically matching each other all the way.

I think we'll look at trading Elliott; he has shown he can handle himself and the bonus is Allen's extension would likely save us between $700k-$900k rather than keeping Elliott. Also, it makes more sense to have Allen splitting time in the NHL at this point than taking time away from Binnington in the AHL.

Lundström will probably stay in Sweden, because we don't really have a spot for him here. His contract with AIK is up at the end of the year and their starter, Daniel Larsson is signed through next season (I had thought it was the opposite). I'd hope that he moves to another team where he can take up more of a role.
Thanks for the update on Lundström, I noticed his number were not the best for AIK as a backup. I hope as well he gets moved to another team also.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:58 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Something that has really crippled the Blues is not being able to develop several larger defensive prospects to pan out for them. If we had the likes of one of a Jackson, Gauthier, Belle, Fitzgerald, Ponich or Shields turn out, then we would be in a much better spot. Hopefully, they have better luck with Hakanpaa, Edmundson, Walters, and Lindbohm.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Something that has really crippled the Blues is not being able to develop several larger defensive prospects to pan out for them. If we had the likes of one of a Jackson, Gauthier, Belle, Fitzgerald, Ponich or Shields turn out, then we would be in a much better spot. Hopefully, they have better luck with Hakanpaa, Edmundson, Walters, and Lindbohm.
Easy to say with hindsight, but I think the current group are much more solid than the previous ones you mentioned.

Still, as I said in the Peoria thread, I'd like to see us add one of the FA NCAA guys (Schmidt/DeKeyser/Šustr) to what we currently have. None of our current group are particularly close to NHL level yet, with the possible exception of Hakanpää, adding one of the NCAA guys would offer that in Peoria immediately.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:12 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Easy to say with hindsight, but I think the current group are much more solid than the previous ones you mentioned.

Still, as I said in the Peoria thread, I'd like to see us add one of the FA NCAA guys (Schmidt/DeKeyser/Šustr) to what we currently have. None of our current group are particularly close to NHL level yet, with the possible exception of Hakanpää, adding one of the NCAA guys would offer that in Peoria immediately.
Totally agree. I would look for a couple big bruising, defensive guys that can skate that play a simple game. I think the Blues could really use some size as the pint size puck movers seem to be pretty readily available these days.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:49 PM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

According to his Twitter account, Yannick Veilleux signed his ELC

https://twitter.com/YannVeilleux9/st...87671965995008

Quote:
Yannick Veilleux
‏@YannVeilleux9
Officially sign my first nhl contract with the @StLouisBlues , would love to thank everyone that help me to get there #veryproud

Old
03-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Excellent!

Old
03-05-2013, 01:17 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

awesome!

Old
03-05-2013, 01:25 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDEuph View Post
According to his Twitter account, Yannick Veilleux signed his ELC

https://twitter.com/YannVeilleux9/st...87671965995008
Seems weird we signed him before Jaskin.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Alklha

Might simply be that Jaškin would like to finish the season before signing his deal.

Great to have Veilleux signed, will be a very welcome addition in Peoria next season.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:45 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Maybe his agent is Steve Boras.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
BleedinBlueSince1972
More Cowbell!!!

Quote:
Oh boy, I hope not.

Welcome to Peoria, Veilleux!

Old
03-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I thought a read somewhere that there are some complications becasue of his Czeck contract. He will get signed.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Quote:
Scott Boras you mean? I've never heard of Steve Boras. I sure as hell hope his agent isn't Scott Boras, though. He'd find a way to break the NHL's rule on ELCs and make him one of the highest paid players in the league. I don't like the man, but I can definitely see why his clients would. He does a hell of a job.

Closed Thread