HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIII ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
Columbus aren't going to trade J. Johnson, certainly not for Stastny.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
While I can't say JJ is the best choice, Ideally I'd love to cap dump on CBJ and package Stastny + Jones for JJ +. CBJ will be getting very young very soon, and will most likely be dumping some of their overpaid guys. I know it won't happen, but if Stastny gets traded, it better be for who the Avs think will be EJ's future partner.

Johnson&Johnson pairing should "clean up" a lot of our troubles.
A team that already has Anisimov, Dubinsky, Umberger, and Brassard would most certainly not be in the market for another center. And Johnson has been relatively good for them--I don't see any deal between us and the Jackets happening.

Besides which, JJ would not add enough offense to the blueline to make up for his supreme lack of defense. He would not be a solution. I'd rather get Wisniewski to be honest, but even then I'd be very reluctant.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

Leafs fan coming in peace here.

I was just wondering what it would take to get Stastny from the Avs in a trade. I'd like to hear what some of you have to say about him. I was thinking something along the lines of a deal centered around Grabovski + a 3rd for him? Is that relative value or is it completely off base?

Old
03-05-2013, 02:57 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
Leafs fan coming in peace here.

I was just wondering what it would take to get Stastny from the Avs in a trade. I'd like to hear what some of you have to say about him. I was thinking something along the lines of a deal centered around Grabovski + a 3rd for him? Is that relative value or is it completely off base?
Off base... this has been discussed thousands of times. Look through this thread and you will see plenty of Stastny-Leafs discussion.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I can't imagine Avs taking on Graboski's contract. Might as well pay Stastny that money.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:02 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

Hmm... okay. What would you want from the Leafs then? Would adding Gunnarsson sweeten the pot? The Avs would have to add a low-level prospect or AHLer just to even out contracts if that's the case, maybe?

Old
03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneBone03 View Post
Hmm... okay. What would you want from the Leafs then? Would adding Gunnarsson sweeten the pot? The Avs would have to add a low-level prospect or AHLer just to even out contracts if that's the case, maybe?
Gunnarsson/Franson + would be a good start, but be prepared for that + to be pretty large. With Weiss going down, not many #1b sort of centers on the market, and the fact that the Avs don't have to trade him until next year (and shouldn't unless there is an overpayment) signals that it will take something large to get him ATM.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Stastny could be traded because they don't want to pay three centers that much money and we need help on defense. Trading Stastny and paying Grabovski $5.5M/yr for the next four years doesn't make any sense. Like Freudian said, might as well just re-sign Stastny.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
hughdreamz

I'd love Boumeester for Stadtny but I ain't trading with Calgary

Old
03-05-2013, 03:21 PM
PeterTheGreat

Trading Stastny would mean the Avs brass have intentions on making peace with O'Reilly's camp and keeping him long term.

Im not so sure they're at that point. Not with PL at the helm still.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughdreamz View Post
I'd love Boumeester for Stadtny but I ain't trading with Calgary
I will trade with Calgary and after the trade call it a clean slate.
The trade will just have to be

Bouwmeester+Baertschi+2013 1st for Stastny.

I promise not to be angry with the Flames anymore after that.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:30 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
I don't think you can trade Stastny until ROR is locked up long term. Who knows what kind of cluster **** his next contract is, especially with Feaster's cheetos fingers screwing up the last one.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

So Gaborik might be on the block... Wish we were only one piece away, he would be worth the risk. Doesn't make sense for us though.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I don't think you can trade Stastny until ROR is locked up long term. Who knows what kind of cluster **** his next contract is, especially with Feaster's cheetos fingers screwing up the last one.
No. Either way, Stastny is not a long-term solution. Keeping him around as a just-in-case contingency doesn't make any sense. If the Avs truly find themselves in a bind at the center position, they need to figure something else out and not be an indecisive bunch of noobs.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
No. Either way, Stastny is not a long-term solution. Keeping him around as a just-in-case contingency doesn't make any sense. If the Avs truly find themselves in a bind at the center position, they need to figure something else out and not be an indecisive bunch of noobs.
I honestly think we will be keeping Stastny. That said, I don't see Stastny being a little ***** about his contract like ROR was.

I think Stastny will take a pay cut he deserves. I wouldn't blame him if he left this team, and I could see why he would. But I just don't see him leaving, unless he is traded, and I don't think management wants to trade him.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
I honestly think we will be keeping Stastny. That said, I don't see Stastny being a little ***** about his contract like ROR was.

I think Stastny will take a pay cut he deserves. I wouldn't blame him if he left this team, and I could see why he would. But I just don't see him leaving, unless he is traded, and I don't think management wants to trade him.
I just don't see us being a championship-caliber team with a 1-2 punch of Duchene-Stastny down the middle. Sorry, I'm as big a fan of Stazz as anyone, but we need someone better in that 2nd line center spot if indeed O'Reilly's days are numbered.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
I just don't see us being a championship-caliber team with a 1-2 punch of Duchene-Stastny down the middle. Sorry, I'm as big a fan of Stazz as anyone, but we need someone better in that 2nd line center spot if indeed O'Reilly's days are numbered.
I'm in the same boat as you. I seem to be one of the few Stastny fans on this board. I agree that Stastny isn't the answer to our long-term center situation. It's really a shame he hasn't panned out to be the player he showed he can be early in his career.

I do believe it would be better for the team to move him, but I don't think they will.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:46 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
A team that already has Anisimov, Dubinsky, Umberger, and Brassard would most certainly not be in the market for another center.
Columbus is 27th in goals-for-per-game, 30th in the overall standings. None of these four players have more than 10 points this season, and all but Dubinsky are well under .500 in the face-off circle.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Columbus is 27th in goals-for-per-game, 30th in the overall standings. None of these four players have more than 10 points this season, and all but Dubinsky are well under .500 in the face-off circle.
And a $6 million dollar center who didn't break the 60-point mark his last two seasons and is only above-average on faceoffs is not going to be the solution to that problem.

No doubt Columbus just wants better players, not just centers. Their scoring woes go far beyond who's in the middle.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
And a $6 million dollar center who didn't break the 60-point mark his last two seasons and is only above-average on faceoffs is not going to be the solution to that problem.

No doubt Columbus just wants better players, not just centers. Their scoring woes go far beyond who's in the middle.
There is no one player solution for Columbus. There are only players who are a step in the right direction, which Paul Stastny would be.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:06 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:

No doubt Columbus just wants better players, not just centers. Their scoring woes go far beyond who's playing center.
Stastny is very good at faceoffs (8th of players that took more than 1000 faceoffs last year) and better than any other center in Columbus in pretty much all areas. Going by what they have the Dubi should be a #2LW/C, Anismov #2/3C, Umburger #1/2LW, Brassard #2C. Now Johansen has some real good potential, but is no where near ready to be a #1C or even a #2.

The biggest problem with Columbus' lineup is that they have too many fringe #2/3 players. The only player that I would say that could be considered a 1st line player is Umburger and he hasn't played like it since 10-11. Getting a player like Stastny actually allows them to slot players where they should be and to trade off some to the excess for more quality talent. Some of the same problems we have with defense. It makes players work worse than they really are.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
That list of CBJ C is missing their best, Ryan Johansen.

In any case, @Aportzline: #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen on rumors of D Jack Johnson trade to Pittsburgh: "It's silly. I don't usually repond to this kind of stuff, but ... "... this is just silly. I went to watch a game. (Pens GM) Ray Shero is a friend of mine."

Old
03-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
That list of CBJ C is missing their best, Ryan Johansen.

In any case, @Aportzline: #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen on rumors of D Jack Johnson trade to Pittsburgh: "It's silly. I don't usually repond to this kind of stuff, but ... "... this is just silly. I went to watch a game. (Pens GM) Ray Shero is a friend of mine."
Ha! He just went to watch a game. He may not be looking to trade JJ but that's a load of BS.

I'm sure he just felt like jumping on a plane to Pittsburgh with his assistant GM, and senior advisor to take in a Pens game and say hi to Shero.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

According to the same twitter account above, Avs have scouts at CBJ vs Oil games

Old
03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grackle Party View Post
According to the same twitter account above, Avs have scouts at CBJ vs Oil games

Closed Thread