HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

It's shakeup time

Old
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Smith has a better chance to be out of the league in two years than he has to be a top 6 guy here or anywhere in the league. I get it theres alot of people who like him. What I do not get is reading his scouting reports completly mirrors what has happened with his play and folks just want to expand his role. His minutes have been increased, stsrting in the last quarter of last year and this year. If we had a true first line that could carry the team on many of the nights it would allow time for Smith to develop on a second or 3rd line. This team does not have that and to think you can out hm in The 1st line role to develop is a recipe for even further disaster for him. I sid it before he may be better than I project him but he is nowhere near the caliber most here think he is.
i see him as a second line WINGER that can score 20-25 goals a year and put up around 50 points.

what other options do we have than to try to develop him?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Smith has a better chance to be out of the league in two years than he has to be a top 6 guy here or anywhere in the league. I get it theres alot of people who like him. What I do not get is reading his scouting reports completly mirrors what has happened with his play and folks just want to expand his role. His minutes have been increased, stsrting in the last quarter of last year and this year. If we had a true first line that could carry the team on many of the nights it would allow time for Smith to develop on a second or 3rd line. This team does not have that and to think you can out hm in The 1st line role to develop is a recipe for even further disaster for him. I sid it before he may be better than I project him but he is nowhere near the caliber most here think he is.
Smith will be on the top two lines before it is all said and done. The kid hustles and shows all the goods an effort to command those lines compared to anyone else on the Preds current roster. They just need to do the kid a favor and PUT and KEEP him on a line with players who also have some talent to gel and build chemistry with. Sorry but 10 min a game with Clune is not much ice time to compare and contrast on.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Smith will be on the top two lines before it is all said and done. The kid hustles and shows all the goods an effort to command those lines compared to anyone else on the Preds current roster. They just need to do the kid a favor and PUT and KEEP him on a line with players who also have some talent to gel and build chemistry with. Sorry but 10 min a game with Clune is not much ice time to compare and contrast on.
He has the skills, but will Trotz give that kind of icetime to a defensively bankrupt forward? I just worry that this is going to be another Trotz-ified offensive forward.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Byrddog

Know what you guys are likley right the time will be spent to develop him, and he may very well play 2nd line minutes. The fact of the matter is typically a 23 year old is further down the road in development. So the team is now committed to develop Smith, Wilson, Watson, Boychuk, Latta, Beck, Borque, Butler. WHere are the role modles and veteran help on the team to do so. Hmm Erat, Leggy, Fish????? Look at the struggle the Oil have had in the past few years with players who are dramatically better prospects. With there development and they have the veteran leadership to do it. Also the impact of the Trotz system on offensive forwards.

The could well be a long rebuild. That is what is shaping up to be.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-in-nashville/

there will be a shakeup

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
He has the skills, but will Trotz give that kind of icetime to a defensively bankrupt forward? I just worry that this is going to be another Trotz-ified offensive forward.
I wouldn't call Smith defensively bankrupt. He's not great, but he's improving and at least shows effort in the d-zone.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
april

Vic Bartley is on his way to Nashville. Jeez Poile just loves being mediocre

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by april View Post
That is disturbing. Smells like a trade is in the works. Involving a Dman, Not Weber, not Hannan, Gill, if its Blum its not earth shattering. Could it be Josi, Klein, Ellis?? Those three have value.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
hopefully there is a Gill/Hannan blockbuster of some sort waiting to be announced

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Out of all of em, hope it's Hannan. For a 4th or something.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:13 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Yea I'd hope it's Hannan or gill.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I hope it's Hannen or Gill too, but if we can get a decent forward for Blum or Ellis I'll be happy.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
glenngineer

Hannan isn't going anywhere. We've coveted him for a while now. If anything it'll be Gill as he seemed perplexed why he wasn't playing more lately. I'm fine with it. He's of no use to us really.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
And the scouting reports on Gaustad scream "top 6 guy?"

I can certainly get that you're not sold on the guy, but do you seriously not see his hard work, puck handling and chances he's generating? Am I just so enamored with Smith I'm the only one seeing it?

I'm not saying he's the second coming of anyone....but he, Wilson and Borque are the people I see making competent plays and taking shots that hit the net, even if they don't go in. And that's more than I can say for the rest of them.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Hannan isn't going anywhere. We've coveted him for a while now. If anything it'll be Gill as he seemed perplexed why he wasn't playing more lately. I'm fine with it. He's of no use to us really.
Gill's good on the PK (which has been terrible of late), but a trainwreck otherwise, I wouldn't miss him. That said, he's on the IR and I doubt he'd be traded any time soon even if he was healthy.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Link? Or are you just speculating? I figured we would do this when we put Yip on IR, just wondering if it's official.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Byrddog

Your not the only one with the Smith crush. And when you like a player it does fuzz up the outlook. Cody Franson was one of my favoirites and he was moved just to get Toronto to take Lombardi out of cap. Now franson has 14 points this year and doing well. Or Mark Eaton who was a quiet dman that was moved for nothing and has had a good career, or Sully the only player ever to convince me to put a number on a sweater. I can understand people wanting those they lie to do well. Just as many here wanted Tootoo to be a top line guy. One of the most disgusting things I ever saw was Tootoo on a line with Forsberg. The roof to the GEC at that time should have collapsed.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:27 PM
april

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Link? Or are you just speculating? I figured we would do this when we put Yip on IR, just wondering if it's official.
Confirmed via Milwaukee sources, I'm sure it will be announced soon.

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Your not the only one with the Smith crush. And when you like a player it does fuzz up the outlook. Cody Franson was one of my favoirites and he was moved just to get Toronto to take Lombardi out of cap. Now franson has 14 points this year and doing well. Or Mark Eaton who was a quiet dman that was moved for nothing and has had a good career, or Sully the only player ever to convince me to put a number on a sweater. I can understand people wanting those they lie to do well. Just as many here wanted Tootoo to be a top line guy. One of the most disgusting things I ever saw was Tootoo on a line with Forsberg. The roof to the GEC at that time should have collapsed.
Was Tootoo on a line with Forsberg as bad as Fiddler being on a line with Forsberg? See where this is going? COACHING.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Was Tootoo on a line with Forsberg as bad as Fiddler being on a line with Forsberg? See where this is going? COACHING.
Can't argue that

Old
03-05-2013, 04:37 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
That is disturbing. Smells like a trade is in the works. Involving a Dman, Not Weber, not Hannan, Gill, if its Blum its not earth shattering. Could it be Josi, Klein, Ellis?? Those three have value.
I think this is just another move like acquiring butler and boychuck

with Gill on IR nobody had to worry about a spot in the lineup.

now with Bartley up, there is a spare, so if anyone gives less than 100% they can spend a night in the press box

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by predsv82 View Post
i think this is just another move like acquiring butler and boychuck

with gill on ir nobody had to worry about a spot in the lineup.

Now with bartley up, there is a spare, so if anyone gives less than 100% they can spend a night in the press box
Debbie Downer.jpg

Old
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quote:
Can't argue that
you people have short memories.... when we traded for Forsberg we were LOADED at forward(Sully, Arnott, Kariya, Legwand, Dumont,Erat,Hartnell AND Radulov) and the top two lines seemed to have chemistry. As weird as it is to say it Forsberg was an extra...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think this is just another move like acquiring butler and boychuck

with Gill on IR nobody had to worry about a spot in the lineup.

now with Bartley up, there is a spare, so if anyone gives less than 100% they can spend a night in the press box
That's exactly what it is. From a few hours ago:

Quote:
@glennonsports

BTW, possibility of another change for #Preds today. Poile didn't rule out possibility of adding a D-man from Milwaukee for competition.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Legionnaire11

wait a minute....

Butler
Boychuk
Bartley

The Killer B's are bringing the Cup to Nashville!!!

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote