HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

[Vid] Embellishment City

Old
03-05-2013, 03:28 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
seriously, if the Bruins were allows to use the 9-11 avatars, can we use the whining avatars?
Well, not based on that logic. Just because something was allowed in the past doesn't mean it'll be allowed going forward.

It depends on what exactly the avatars are, I would think. I would also think that, considering how the issue is recent/on-going, the answer today would be "no ****ing way". Maybe as playoff avatars if we get there it could be revisited.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Per my original post in the main board thread:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (WELL, ANSWERS) ABOUT THE VIDEO DECISION:

Yes, it's a funny video.

No, it doesn't advance the discussion in a meaningful way. If you want to talk about any perceived hypocricy on the part of Claude Julien, have at it.

Here's a link for those of you who want to see it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...6712--nhl.html

The main point - posting the video distracts from the point. If you want to talk about how Julien is a hypocrite, then go for it (we've allowed that). The video serves as a distraction.
Sorry, but I don't understand this reasoning. I respect the decision you guys made, but I don't see how the video distracts from anything. And let's face it, everyone is talking about it. Pretending that it doesn't exist on the main board doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

It's being discussed on the The Score for Pete's sake...

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I don't understand having a discussion then without the proof that shows CJ is a buffoon. How can the Bruins fanbase even deny anything at this point?
The thread about Julien calling out the Habs on their board is a pretty interesting read I must say.. They are coming up with all kinds of stuff trying to prove some sort of point in the Bruins favor. Always trying to twist things around in their favor to show the Bruins are actually the victims and are never at fault. They seem to be able to convince themselves but no one else buys it though..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:39 PM
MauditGreek*
Shhh, Be Careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Sorry, but I don't understand this reasoning. I respect the decision you guys made, but I don't see how the video distracts from anything. And let's face it, everyone is talking about it. Pretending that it doesn't exist on the main board doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The Bruins whine and are hypocrites about it. Main stream media and sports media know this. TV personalities prove it and depict it. But it is taboo here.

Meh, what can you do, nothing so we conform (at least try to).

MauditGreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

The point of the video is that Julien is a hypocrite, right?

So talk about *that* in the thread - that's perfectly fine.

The specific reason that the video is not allowed is because we've collectively already spent hours cleaning up poop. And that video instantly turns a neutral-board thread to poop (I've got multiple examples for proof).

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:

I love how he says it serves a distraction. The only distraction it serves is that Boston fans can't swallow the truth: The Boston Bruins dive as much or more than the rest of the league. The video shows without bias how the bruins play, how they embellish and dive.

Anyways like you said, its a decision made by a private entity, fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
The thread about Julien calling out the Habs on their board is a pretty interesting read I must say.. They are coming up with all kinds of stuff trying to prove some sort of point in the Bruins favor. Always trying to twist things around in their favor to show the Bruins are actually the victims and are never at fault. They seem to be able to convince themselves but no one else buys it though..
I wouldn't waste my time.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:

The specific reason that the video is not allowed is because we've collectively already spent hours cleaning up poop. And that video instantly turns a neutral-board thread to poop (I've got multiple examples for proof).
I can only imagine.

Entertaining for the first few hundred posts I'm sure, but must get tiring after a while.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:

I'd be curious to see this proof, if I may. I don't see how the video turns anything to poop, I would refer back to the poster of said poop to find the blame.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'd be curious to see this proof, if I may. I don't see how the video turns anything to poop, I would refer back to the poster of said poop to find the blame.
I can't show you, unfortunately (as we've deleted the offending bodies of work).

You can either trust me or not trust me.

Bottom line - I think it's a funny video (as I said), but it just inflames things on a neutral board. You may not think that it's a fair decision (I don't expect you to think that it's a fair decision), but that's the rationale that the board administration has decided upon.

It's a tough line to walk - you would be surprised at the number of posters (not necessarily from here) who get offended at a warning for something that they did, but when someone from a rival team does something comparable, they report it with a demand for a ban.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
I can't show you, unfortunately (as we've deleted the offending bodies of work).

You can either trust me or not trust me.

Bottom line - I think it's a funny video (as I said), but it just inflames things on a neutral board. You may not think that it's a fair decision (I don't expect you to think that it's a fair decision), but that's the rationale that the board administration has decided upon.

It's a tough line to walk - you would be surprised at the number of posters (not necessarily from here) who get offended at a warning for something that they did, but when someone from a rival team does something comparable, they report it with a demand for a ban.
I was more curious to see what you were referring too more than it has anything to do with trust. In all efforts to control things, I can understand having to clean up A LOT of posts, since I can imagine how immature some are, especially about rivals. I just don't see how this particular video is the root of all evil. But since I am not the one who has to do any work to keep people happy, I will sit here in my ignorant bubble and just be happy to know that CJ made himself look like a buffoon

Old
03-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Much appreciated. It's not something that we're perfectly happy with, to be quite honest, but it was a tough decision that had to be made.

I can't wait to see what happens if there's a questionable hit in tonight's game. I'll be hoping for the "503 Service Unavailable" error.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:56 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Much appreciated. It's not something that we're perfectly happy with, to be quite honest, but it was a tough decision that had to be made.

I can't wait to see what happens if there's a questionable hit in tonight's game. I'll be hoping for the "503 Service Unavailable" error.
You edited just in time for my quote to catch! Although the latest servers don't compare to those around when the board used to crash back in the my early years on here.

Old
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Agreed - it's much better than before. And I'm hopeful that this glitch will get ironed out.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
sheed36

After reading some of the thread on the mainboard about this subject it all suddenly became very clear to me that everything's a conspiracy against the Bruins and the NHL is 100% to blame.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:26 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
I don't really understand why Bruins fans still refer to the famous Mike Ribeiro embellishment. It's been YEARS since he's been a hab PLUS Claude Julien was our coach when he pulled that famous stunt.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I don't really understand why Bruins fans still refer to the famous Mike Ribeiro embellishment. It's been YEARS since he's been a hab PLUS Claude Julien was our coach when he pulled that famous stunt.
It's OK for Clod's team to embellish... Just ask Marchand...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

It's like this game produced a mixed-up version of a MasterCard commercial. The win itself was literally Price-less. But all the fallout with the whining and the video and everything has been even more priceless.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

Circle your calendar, sir. 27th of March, 6th of April.

Or, as we will remember them, The Week of Napalm Flaming.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
It's like this game produced a mixed-up version of a MasterCard commercial. The win itself was literally Price-less. But all the fallout with the whining and the video and everything has been even more priceless.
Great way of saying that and I was trying to express something similar myself. This is mostly just annoying and puts the Habs at the centre of something I don't want them to be at, especially on a fan level.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

I'm not a mod so I don't see what you see out there. But banning a video that everyone is talking about anyway doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If there's 'poop' out there, then just thread-ban those people. Anyways, not a huge deal and I'm not going to hound you on it. Just my two cents on the whole thing.

Cool of you to come here and discuss it anyway.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't really put too much emphasis on it being satire. It's not because it's funny I want this video to be everywhere, it's because it is the truth. I want CJ to look like the buffoon that he is for making such irrational comments and thus giving a whole fanbase a reason to complain. Boston writers are defending him and for what? I am tired of this facade that the Habs continuously get, and for no good reason.

Did Subban embellish after he was hit from behind? Personally I do not see it, he was hit from behind, went to his knees on the ice and got right back up. What type of embellishment is that? But the Bruins coach gets to say whatever he wants to the media, even slander Subban... Pathetic

Here is the video of the hit:

Where in the world is the embellishment?

I understand that free speech is not a right when you talk about personal property, but why in the world does a video that is being discussed in the media get black listed on a forum that will only take references from the media... Very odd.
If they think that's a dive...

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I enjoyed this video this morning, but I am over it now. To be fair, a video like this could be posted about every team in the league.
Every team in the league doesn't go around accusing others of embellishment like the Bruins do, that's the difference.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Here we go

The video just made his way to Le 5 a 7 on RDS

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
PricePkPatch