HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings interested in Briere

Old
07-23-2006, 01:44 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I dont think they will part with Pushkarev or Boyle. But I do however feel that they are willing to part with Tukonen , Kanko , Hogeboom and sorry to say but Lukacevic
Tukonen - Hasn't played since shoulder surgery so he probably won't attract much attention...

Pushkarev - Probably about the most over-rated prospect by many folks on Kings related boards. Again, look at what's in front of him and their ages. Where are you going to slot him, 3rd line?

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:45 PM
johnjm22

I like Briere alot, but I'd rather have Gomez.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:46 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Pushkarev - He's burried behind Cammalleri, O'sullivan, Frolov, Brown and probably Tukonen at this point. I'll be very surprised if he's in the system much longer...
Hogeboom - Much the same as Pushkarev, burried...
Boyle - Might just as well...

Kanko - They'd probably have to include a guy that's on the bubble and he's it at this point...

Probably not even getting a call back with this list, but hey, it's not like the Kings have CAP room to do the deal anyway...
We would probably have to have one of our roster players going back the other way.
How about this?
To LA: Daniel Briere, Andrej Sekera
To BUF: Alexander Frolov, Konstantin Pushkarev
What do you guys think?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:48 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Tukonen - Hasn't played since shoulder surgery so he probably won't attract much attention...

Pushkarev - Probably about the most over-rated prospect by many folks on Kings related boards. Again, look at what's in front of him and their ages. Where are you going to slot him, 3rd line?
Hahah you wanna know why? Because he is a hockey player, hes russian and he has a dark face mask

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:48 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Can't see Miller retiring and leaving $2.28 million on the table. I certainly wouldn't. Maybe if he's bought out first, though (and that's not something I would see the Kings doing).

BTW, Miller has had three 60+ game seasons (1998-99, 2000-01, 2001-02).
I'd be surprised if he left the money on the table as well...

Thanks for correcting me on the 3-seasons, I'll edit the original post...

Old
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
We would probably have to have one of our roster players going back the other way.
How about this?
What do you guys think?
Nope. If you do give up Frolov, Frolov fetches sooooooooooooooooooooo much from Buffalo because hes a good player and hes tied up for 4 more years with a Buffalo type contract.

Old
07-23-2006, 01:50 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Nope. If you do give up Frolov, Frolov fetches sooooooooooooooooooooo much from Buffalo because hes a good player and hes tied up for 4 more years with a Buffalo type contract.
Well Sekera is Buffallos best prospect on D.

Old
07-23-2006, 01:52 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't know that the Kings and Sabres are good trading partners
The Kings probably aren't good trading partners with anyone at this point unless it's for similar contract money. They'll be pushing up close to the CAP when they get Cammalleri, Gleason and Brown signed...

Old
07-23-2006, 01:54 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
The Kings probably aren't good trading partners with anyone at this point unless it's for similar contract money. They'll be pushing up close to the CAP when they get Cammalleri, Gleason and Brown signed...
Honestly....If they are actually trying to get a 5 million dollar contract it really does lead me to belive that they are planning on moving other players away....

Old
07-23-2006, 01:55 PM
shaayar78

Send a message via AIM to shaayar78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I'm not going to bother with another thread for this, but Eklund's also "reporting" that the Kings are in the Klee and D. Markov sweepstakes.
I was about to post the Briere story but you beat me to it
I would LOVE to have Briere, saw this guy play a lot last season and I would love to have this guy easily over Gomez.....And I would rathar take Markov, although Im kinda wish we might be able to trade for Paul Martin of NJ, a better and younger D-man.

shaayar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 01:59 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The Kings don't need anymore 60 point guys under 6 feet tall. Briere and Conroy are both #2 centers being mis-used as #1 centers. Pass.
Briere, from what I've seen, is thriving as a first line centre. Before the rule changes, I would say you're right about his ceiling as a 2nd liner. However, now I think he's capable of consistently putting up very good numbers year in and year out.

I'm not going to say that I agree that he's a 5 mill player. However, the financial powers-that-be have decided that he and most players like him are worth that much.

I'd also like to say that one thing many might not be aware of is Briere's surprising strength. He trains with a Canadian strongman in Quebec during the off-season and, though his height may lead one to speculate otherwise, he's not a push-over.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:01 PM
guzmania

IMO Gomez>>Briere

GP alone makes G the man

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Briere would make Cammalleri obsolete imo. I bet Buffalo is cursing Chicago, Minnesota and Calgary.
You really can't stand Mike...

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:14 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Both Gomez and Briere need talented wingers in order to put up points. The Kings would be a huge step down in talent for Gomez as he loses Elias and Gionta for Frolov and Cammalleri. Briere would move laterally away from Afinogenov and Koalik and would probably get about the same production points wise.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:14 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
I know nobody belives me when I say radio stuff but....On the radio they were saying that the Sabres are looking for 2 to 3 non NHL players. Prospects... With that being said I know we wont give up Kopitar or O`Sullivan haha.
Don't be so sure. Nobody in Minnesota thought the Wild would give up O'Sullivan either.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:18 PM
shaayar78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The Kings don't need anymore 60 point guys under 6 feet tall. Briere and Conroy are both #2 centers being mis-used as #1 centers. Pass.
Briere is a very good #1 center....he's no Gretzky or Thornton, but is very good, better than Gomez, Conroy, McDonald, Morrison, Rolston, etc.......You have to see him play and see what he does for his team to understand!

Old
07-23-2006, 02:18 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Don't be so sure. Nobody in Minnesota thought the Wild would give up O'Sullivan either.
Yes but the difference is our GM is not an idiot.

Old
07-23-2006, 02:19 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Diffrent situations. Im 110% sure the Kings wont trade Kopitar or O`Sullivan for Briere.

Old
07-23-2006, 02:20 PM
shaayar78

Quote:
How about this?
What do you guys think?
I hope you're joking!!!

Old
07-23-2006, 02:23 PM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaayar78 View Post
I hope you're joking!!!
It's not that bad. Tell me why it's a bad deal. I'm trying to make a deal that is fair for both teams and one that has a chance of happening.

Old
07-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Venom_17

We don't need Briere at $5M. I would rather get a guy with some physical presence who can score.

There is a chance we might be able to get a guy like that by the end of the arbitration hearings.

I would still rather get Dumont out of Buffalo. Maybe they will have to dump extra salaries in order to keep Briere. I bet we could get Dumont for a really, really low price (mid-range prospect and a pick).

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:30 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
It's not that bad. Tell me why it's a bad deal. I'm trying to make a deal that is fair for both teams and one that has a chance of happening.
It's not a bad deal in terms of value at all.

However, I will say that, with the Kings' top-six situation, they really need to attempt to swing a trade without giving up anyone too vital to their offense.

And if they were to give up someone like Frolov, I'd prefer it was for a more significant upgrade than Briere.

Old
07-23-2006, 02:35 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaayar78 View Post
I was about to post the Briere story but you beat me to it
I would LOVE to have Briere, saw this guy play a lot last season and I would love to have this guy easily over Gomez.....And I would rathar take Markov, although Im kinda wish we might be able to trade for Paul Martin of NJ, a better and younger D-man.
Klee, IMO, would be a very solid pick-up for cheap. He'd provide good defensive depth.

Old
07-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Sniper7

Send a message via Yahoo to Sniper7
Quote:
Frolov's cap hit is a blessing for the Kings, it would be stupid to trade Frolov for someone who is making alot more and who is older.

Sniper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
You really can't stand Mike...
I like him but here's the deal. Our top 6 is pretty small and soft as it is. Can you imagine having 2 guys who are 5'10, 178 in Briere - 5'9, 180 pounds in Cammalleri? Frolov is the only big body willing to go into the corners in our top 6.

Any deal where we'd trade Frolov for Briere is rediculous. Trading Frolov for Briere just makes NO sense. Frolov is younger, and far cheaper. Hmm, 2.9 for 4 more years, or a guy who want's 5 for a mulit year deal?

Some people want to deal Brown for Briere. Another big body for a small guy. I'd only deal Brown for Briere if Briere is locked up long term. To me it'd just make more sense to deal Cammalleri for Briere since they are very similar players.

My proposal:

Cammalleri (semi local- he's from the Toronto area), Miller (a Buffalo native), and Belanger(would allow Buffalo to walk away from another arbitration case if necesary) for Briere and a mid round pick.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote