HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tweener C/W to Vancouver

Old
03-05-2013, 01:35 PM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Of the names mentioned I would love to get Ott or Filppula, however I doubt either player moves.

The Wings have to have their eye on a playoff spot so I don't see them making a deal that makes their team worse (which is really all I am interested in from a Canucks perspective) right now.

The Sabres might be ready to throw in the towel come the trade deadline but right now they're three points out of a playoff spot. As for Ott they acquired him to add some grit and spark to their top nine and if they deal him they'll be right back where they started in that respect.. I just don't see them moving him unless it's a home run kind of deal.

This is now complete homer territory but it'd be nice to swap Keith Ballard and .. something.. for one of these guys plus the veteran defenseman currently occupying their doghouse (Ian White or Jordan Leopold).. any interest Sabres/Wings fans?

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:35 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Most of us wanted Ott and were tossing around offers until the Sabres swooped in. If they are entertaining the time - which I doubt. I'd be all for it, depending on the price.

Since Detroit is looking for defense, something with Ballard and picks/prospects for Flippula might be worth looking into.
Detroit wants D but not players like Ballard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Brassard
Ott
Nielsen
Fillpulla

^^ are ideal

Maybe even Abdelkater would be ok too in be right role
That would be sheltered first line minutes.

Personally, I don't see Vancouver giving enough for DET to trade Flip.. Pavs might not be around as his current contract runs out, Flip would be needed until we can found some replacement there. Top 6 isn't solid enough now, would be even more brutal without Flip.

Brassard could be good fit.. No offense, I really don't know but isn't Rodin looking like bust? Does he look like future NHLer?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
dave babych returns

Rodin has not developed as expected, mainly due to health issues.

In a trade where a team got Rodin and a 2nd, I would say the 2nd round pick would be by far the more valuable asset.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
BigMacJokinen

Rodin probably won't receive a qualifying offer, it's basically a contract dump..

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
I heard Jussi Jokinen. Bingo. What's the asking price? Further more, whats his contract like? I remember him recently being resigned. Finally, what are Carolina's needs?

Brassard, if the price is a 2nd and Rodin...I'm in for that. I'm not sure which fan base just shouted that out.

Ribero, Ott, Nielsen, or Filppula would all fit nicely too at a reasonable price.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:21 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Came here to say Brassard
Brassard sounds like pretty much what we're after to me. And i've wanted him for a while. Change of scenery could do nicely for him. Would take some offensive pressure off of Kesler so he can focus on learning to play defensively again. And would bring a lot of what Schroeder looked to earlier, before he landed where prospects inevitably do under AV...the 4th line. A more 'proven' package, at least in terms of experience in the league and size.

Also seems to be potentially on the outs in Columbus. The real question is just what the Canucks have to offer to make a deal work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOverallLine View Post
I think a guy like Steve Ott would fit well with the Canucks as a 3C once Kesler comes back.
He's more of a winger who takes draws though...which i'm not sure is exactly what we need. Also seems like Buffalo wants to keep him around to insulate all of their collection of young centers.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Could be, but don't think Buffalo wants to off load players yet. They are like Calgary and still think they will make playoffs.
Or they're like a team that just traded a top 6 center for Ott, who's done everything you could want from him since coming here, including making a difference in the culture of the team.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Ho Borvat

Vancouver
Derek Brassard
Nick Foligno
2nd Round Pick

Columbus
1st Round Pick 2013
Jordan Schroeder
David Booth

This gives Columbus FOUR 1st round picks going into the draft, a young NHL ready center and a top-6 winger.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Vancouver
Derek Brassard
Nick Foligno
2nd Round Pick

Columbus
1st Round Pick 2013
Jordan Schroeder
David Booth

This gives Columbus FOUR 1st round picks going into the draft, a young NHL ready center and a top-6 winger.
That's some serious overpayment imo. I wouldn't trade Schroeder for Brassard straight up.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's some serious overpayment imo. I wouldn't trade Schroeder for Brassard straight up.
I basically see it as

Schroeder - Brassard
Booth + 1st for Foligno + 2nd (essentially trading down 5-6 spots)

Old
03-05-2013, 03:45 PM
roach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
In 3-4 weeks, you can likely get Boyes for a 3rd.
I had a dream we got Brad Boyes.

Just saying this now for posterity when it comes to fruition and I can prove to people I am a greenseer.

roach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I heard Jussi Jokinen. Bingo. What's the asking price? Further more, whats his contract like? I remember him recently being resigned. Finally, what are Carolina's needs?

Brassard, if the price is a 2nd and Rodin...I'm in for that. I'm not sure which fan base just shouted that out.

Ribero, Ott, Nielsen, or Filppula would all fit nicely too at a reasonable price.
I don't see Frans Nielsen being available. He's in the 1st yr of a new 4 yr deal.
A cheap 4 yr deal. No reason the isles would move him, especially at a ' reasonable price'.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
I had a dream we got Brad Boyes.

Just saying this now for posterity when it comes to fruition and I can prove to people I am a greenseer.
Someone suggested Snow sign Boyes to an extension, But, he's already taken his dirt cheap deal, trying to show gms he still has something left in the tank.

I think some team will give him a 2-3 yr deal this summer, at a higher salary then Snow gave him.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Also makes our top-9 very difficult to play against without sacrificing skill (or at least not much skill)

Old
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Jokinen is signed through next season at $3 mil.

As far as Carolina's needs: we need help defensively. Ballard doesn't sound that bad, but his cap hit may be too high for management to pull the plug. Also, IF management is comfortable with Riley Nash as our 3rd line center, which he hasn't looked bad at all, then Carolina needs winger depth.

However, a trade involving Jokinen for someone like Raymond or Higgins seems too lateral to me. And again, Ballard's cap hit just seems too high.

What's the story with Booth this year? Multiple injuries, or what?

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Vancouver
Derek Brassard
Nick Foligno
2nd Round Pick

Columbus
1st Round Pick 2013
Jordan Schroeder
David Booth

This is actually a pretty good trade proposal value wise. I keep Jordan Schroeder, he is fantastic defensively already. Hes only played 19 NHL games.

Brassard, Foligno for Booth , Rodin 1st rounder in 2013 and 2nd rounder 2014.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
What's the story with Booth this year? Multiple injuries, or what?
Just unlucky. He's driving to the net, drawing penalties, etc, but he just can't seem to put the puck in the net, and it's not for lack of trying. He likely still needs time to find his rhythm, as he only came back from injuries about 6(?) games ago.

Ballard has honestly been great this season, and on an offensive team like Carolina where he would have a shot at a top-4 role, he would probably thrive, imo.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Just unlucky. He's driving to the net, drawing penalties, etc, but he just can't seem to put the puck in the net, and it's not for lack of trying. He likely still needs time to find his rhythm, as he only came back from injuries about 6(?) games ago.

Ballard has honestly been great this season, and on an offensive team like Carolina where he would have a shot at a top-4 role, he would probably thrive, imo.
Can/does Ballard play the right side?

Old
03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
ginner classic

In the tweener department you can add Dalpe and Bailey.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
I have not seen that work well here. Left side is where he belongs with a true stay at home type partner.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:21 PM
gnarbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
This is actually a pretty good trade proposal value wise. I keep Jordan Schroeder, he is fantastic defensively already. Hes only played 19 NHL games.

Take out the first and foligno and add dubinsky

gnarbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
If he has a steady defensive partner, then he can. He's looked pretty good with Garrison this season while playing the right side. But ideally he should be kept playing on the left side, where he can be reliable defensively while also helping offensively. Otherwise it's anyone's guess as to whether he can establish chemistry.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Askel

Quote:
He is better on the left but has been ok on the right side this year. Ballard has nice puck rushing ability and great hipchecks. Needs a change of scenery since our coach doesnt trust him.

Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post

Why not take out Columbus 2nd in my original deal, and substitute our 2nd? *(edit) didn't see this was exactly your proposal

SO...
Vancouver
Derek Brassard
Nick Foligno

Columbus
David Booth
1st Round Pick
2nd Round Pick 2014

Columbus picks 1st, 11th, 12th, 25th and 31st in the draft.
Thats basically 5 1st round picks.
As well as a top-6 forward.

Vancouver
- As said before, adds some solid pieces to their roster

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Kassian Kesler Brassard
Foligno Schroeder Raymond
Hansen Lapierre Higgins

Old
jeromeo87

Quote:
If he has a steady defensive partner, then he can. He's looked pretty good with Garrison this season while playing the right side. But ideally he should be kept playing on the left side, where he can be reliable defensively while also helping offensively.
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. Depending on whether Carolina would move Gleason to the right side, Ballard just doesn't sound like a good fit for the Canes.