HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Klinkhammer up Rundblad down 3/8/13

Old
03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Brown actually reminds me most of pre-incident Bertuzzi. But obviously a poor man's version. Same kind of bull in a China shop style, though.

03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
zerekstar

It will be nice to see some new blood in the lineup. Half the games we won this year we didn't deserve to win, never mind the ones we lost. Make some of the regulars have to challenge for their spot and create some accountability. Players should only play if they prove they deserve to IMHO.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Brown actually reminds me most of pre-incident Bertuzzi. But obviously a poor man's version. Same kind of bull in a China shop style, though.
Thats exactly what we need. Torres is playing that way, and doing it legally. I have been very impressed with him. Love his forecheck and backcheck. Hustles all the time. Real happy for him.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Thats exactly what we need. Torres is playing that way, and doing it legally. I have been very impressed with him. Love his forecheck and backcheck. Hustles all the time. Real happy for him.
Yeah, I was worried he'd be neutered and end up on waivers. Now I want him to get a two year extension. Brown is similar to neo-Torres, imo.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

#44 Brown in tonight, Klinkhammer back down

According to Vesty.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Vrbata or Hanzal off IR then?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Excited to see how Brown can do tonight. Lots of eyes from the Metroplex will be watching tonight!

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:07 AM
BigGumby

Other than the shift where he turned the puck over low in the defensive end and took the penalty, I think Brown played well for his first NHL game.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Really good game by Brown, with one really bad shift. Hopefully Tippett can forgive him.

Then again, Bissonnette and Johnson have been good this season.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGumby View Post
Other than the shift where he turned the puck over low in the defensive end and took the penalty, I think Brown played well for his first NHL game.
I agree.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Really good game by Brown, with one really bad shift. Hopefully Tippett can forgive him.

Then again, Bissonnette and Johnson have been good this season.
I can't believe they sat him after that shift. I really liked the way he played. If Tipp benched everyone who makes a mistake Yandle would be having pine needles up his ***.
Speaking of Yandle, I thought his play tonight was great. Once he starts skating and logging the puck he makes things happen. It may have been his best game this year. Both Yandle and Doan did not play in the lock out, maybe they both needed time to get going.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
OOEEL

Brown sent down as Vrby is about ready to return to the lineup.

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:58 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Brown sent down as Vrby is about ready to return to the lineup.
Good news hearing Vrbys back bud. Hopefully we'll see a little more of Brown later this season. I was quite impressed with the physical part of his game especially considering it was his first nhl game.

CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:16 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

I don't agree with benching a kid in his first NHL game after one bad play, then sending him down.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I don't agree with benching a kid in his first NHL game after one bad play, then sending him down.
I don't understand the last call ups period. Klinkhammer had a cup of coffee here, and Brown had like 5min. in his first game. Why go through all the time and expense. Unless GMDM needed air miles on his credit card to buy his wife a nice gift.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Boys, it may be something completely complicated or something very simple, but either way I trust GMDM and Tippett.

It could be that they wanted to "reward" the boys for a good season in the A by giving them a brief cup of coffee in the show.

It could be that they wanted to give the players a taste of what it is like at the big club to give them some motivation to continue working hard to get back up.

It could be that they just needed some insurance against further injuries and they had to ride the pine for a day and a half just for the sake of having extra bodies

It could be a lot of things, but there isn't anything wrong with calling them up and giving Brown 6 min of TOI and then sending him back down, nothing at all.

It's called paying your dues and sometimes you are called up with a shot at staying with the big club and sometimes you're called up with the intention of being sent back down and I'm sure that GMDM had a conversation with Klink and Brown that one of them would see a little time, but both would be sent back down.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
I don't understand the last call ups period. Klinkhammer had a cup of coffee here, and Brown had like 5min. in his first game. Why go through all the time and expense. Unless GMDM needed air miles on his credit card to buy his wife a nice gift.
Its a combo of not knowing how long Vrby would be out for and rewarding guys who have been doing well in Portland.

As far as people complaining about Brown being "benched for one bad play", I think people need to realize that Tip had him matched against the Ducks fourth line (which had about 100 career NHL games between them last night). Boudreau shortened his bench in the third so he could role his big guns, who were all playing very well last night, to try and get the win. Torres had just one more shift than Brown in the third period. If Chip hadn't been going 0 fer on draws to Koivu I'm willing to bet Gordon would have only had a few shifts himself. This isn't part of some grand conspiracy that Tip has to keep the young guys down, he was matching lines late in a tie game against our division leading team whose heavy lifters were doing some heavy lifting last night.

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
Its a combo of not knowing how long Vrby would be out for and rewarding guys who have been doing well in Portland.

As far as people complaining about Brown being "benched for one bad play", I think people need to realize that Tip had him matched against the Ducks fourth line (which had about 100 career NHL games between them last night). Boudreau shortened his bench in the third so he could role his big guns, who were all playing very well last night, to try and get the win. Torres had just one more shift than Brown in the third period. If Chip hadn't been going 0 fer on draws to Koivu I'm willing to bet Gordon would have only had a few shifts himself. This isn't part of some grand conspiracy that Tip has to keep the young guys down, he was matching lines late in a tie game against our division leading team whose heavy lifters were doing some heavy lifting last night.
Good observation. Alot of the teams are starting to rotate their defenseman so they won't be burned out for the playoffs. Maybe having so many defense injuries may help us in the long run.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Keep in mind, their salaries were much, much higher for those couple of days. Nice little bonus.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post

(youtube clip deleted)

I've watched this highlight roughly a hundred times.

If Chris gets called up and scratched I'm rioting.

Also: Anyone know where I can get a cartoonishly large Texas flag?
(FYI, if he ever does get called up and sticks here, the Texas flag thing won't happen. In general we're not big fans of Texas in AZ. )

Dirty Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
(FYI, if he ever does get called up and sticks here, the Texas flag thing won't happen. In general we're not big fans of Texas in AZ. )
That's not true at all! Look at the cowboy fans at cards games.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Dirty Old Man
Attendance Bashee

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
That's not true at all! Look at the cowboy fans at cards games.
The Cowboy fans at cards games are more likely to wave a certain national flag with red and green in it than the Texas flag, in my observation

Dirty Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:48 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
Boys, it may be something completely complicated or something very simple, but either way I trust GMDM and Tippett.

It could be that they wanted to "reward" the boys for a good season in the A by giving them a brief cup of coffee in the show.

It could be that they wanted to give the players a taste of what it is like at the big club to give them some motivation to continue working hard to get back up.

It could be that they just needed some insurance against further injuries and they had to ride the pine for a day and a half just for the sake of having extra bodies

It could be a lot of things, but there isn't anything wrong with calling them up and giving Brown 6 min of TOI and then sending him back down, nothing at all.

It's called paying your dues and sometimes you are called up with a shot at staying with the big club and sometimes you're called up with the intention of being sent back down and I'm sure that GMDM had a conversation with Klink and Brown that one of them would see a little time, but both would be sent back down.
Yup... All the of the above highlighted.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
Coyotes Recall Klinkhammer from AHL, Assign Rundblad to AHL

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=659246

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 05:31 PM
OOEEL

Guessing Sclem is closer to returning than Vrb, and Stone has officially won the 7the defenseman spot, letting them send Rundy down for forward depth

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote