HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings interested in Briere

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2006, 05:39 PM
  #76
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48 View Post
You must not have looked at his Games played column...he had a 1.2 PPG average last season and scored 19 points in the playoffs in 18 games (Including 2 OT GWG)

Calling Briere a #2 center or comparing him to Craig Conroy is a joke....and no we don't want Aaron Miller, if we wanted brittle, over-paid and over the hill defenseman we would sign Brian Leetch.
I concur about Briere.

But please take Miller

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:17 PM
  #77
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
People on other threads have been suggesting that the Sabres might dump Afinogenov instead of Briere.

Anyone interested in that? I know I would be. Granted he's even less physical than Briere, but the things this guy can do with the puck are insane. He's got a uniquely explosive, unpredictable, and creative brand of offense.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:26 PM
  #78
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
People on other threads have been suggesting that the Sabres might dump Afinogenov instead of Briere.

Anyone interested in that? I know I would be. Granted he's even less physical than Briere, but the things this guy can do with the puck are insane. He's got a uniquely explosive, unpredictable, and creative brand of offense.
I love this from Afinogenov's TSN page:

Needs directions on how to locate the defensive zone.

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:26 PM
  #79
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,882
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Anyone interested in that? I know I would be. Granted he's even less physical than Briere, but the things this guy can do with the puck are insane. He's got a uniquely explosive, unpredictable, and creative brand of offense.

And ironically, he doesn't do a whole lot. He gets his points but he is consistently a player who looks like he is doing a lot and yet doesn't do much.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:27 PM
  #80
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
I love this from Afinogenov's TSN page:

Needs directions on how to locate the defensive zone.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:34 PM
  #81
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,417
vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of trading Cammy.

At this point I'd rather have Cammy at $2.XM then Briere at $5M.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:42 PM
  #82
Riposte!
Registered User
 
Riposte!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
I love this from Afinogenov's TSN page:

Needs directions on how to locate the defensive zone.
Maybe they could paint arrows on the boards to help him out.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:42 PM
  #83
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't like the idea of trading Cammy.

At this point I'd rather have Cammy at $2.XM then Briere at $5M.
I agree. I would only fo a deal for Briere if it involves a couple prospects not named O'sullivan or Kopitar. Best case scenario would be Sopel/Miller and Pushkarev/Tukonen for Briere (as long as he signs an extension which he will or else DL won't do it).

Kingz4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:47 PM
  #84
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life View Post
I agree. I would only fo a deal for Briere if it involves a couple prospects not named O'sullivan or Kopitar. Best case scenario would be Sopel/Miller and Pushkarev/Tukonen for Briere (as long as he signs an extension which he will or else DL won't do it).
He can't sign an extension....I thought that was already established.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 06:50 PM
  #85
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
He can't sign an extension....I thought that was already established.
Perhaps there could be some assurances that once Jan 1 rolls around, both sides will play ball.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:00 PM
  #86
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Perhaps there could be some assurances that once Jan 1 rolls around, both sides will play ball.
The problem is you can't guarantee the Briere would sign an extension....so all deals involving him would have to be under the assumption that it was a 1 year rental......and maybe a conditional pick added if an extension was signed.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:03 PM
  #87
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
The problem is you can't guarantee the Briere would sign an extension....so all deals involving him would have to be under the assumption that it was a 1 year rental......and maybe a conditional pick added if an extension was signed.
Well, players often have input on where they're traded to...I'm sure that Regier, or even Lombardi himself could get assurances from Briere that LA is a place he'd be comfortable playing in. Maybe it's not all that concrete, but it'll make anyone dealing feel better.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:26 PM
  #88
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
The problem is you can't guarantee the Briere would sign an extension....so all deals involving him would have to be under the assumption that it was a 1 year rental......and maybe a conditional pick added if an extension was signed.
In theory, I suppose that you could potentially, instead, give Buffalo a rich package for Briere + pick, with that pick conditional upon Briere accepting an extension after January (i.e. the Kings would get that pick as compensation if the extension doesn't happen). Sure, deals are usually done the way that you listed, but the reverse appears to be an option. It'd probably go over with the Sabres fans a lot better (because of the "appearance" of getting a richer package), for what that's worth to Regier.


Last edited by Osprey: 07-23-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:27 PM
  #89
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Of course the main part of the deal would include an extention with Briere who are we kidding here.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 07:30 PM
  #90
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Of course the main part of the deal would include an extention with Briere who are we kidding here.
But you can't sign an extension until January 1st....so that is not an option.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 08:00 PM
  #91
braincramp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
Maybe they could paint arrows on the boards to help him out.
Don't forget, they change ends every period.

braincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
  #92
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp View Post
Don't forget, they change ends every period.
They could paint the arrows on those signs that have the flaps that turn back and forth on a timer.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
  #93
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,353
vCash: 500
Awards:
and to think the kings could have had briere a few seasons ago when he was waived by the yotes...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 08:42 PM
  #94
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
and to think the kings could have had briere a few seasons ago when he was waived by the yotes...
He was waived??

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 08:48 PM
  #95
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
He was waived??
I believe it was during the 00-01 season. I'm not sure if they protected him in the waiver draft or not...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 08:56 PM
  #96
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,110
vCash: 500
Mar 10, 2003: Buffalo Sabres traded Chris Gratton and a 4th round selection in 2004 to the Phoenix Coyotes for Daniel Briere and a 3rd round selection in 2004.

Briere did clear waivers earlier in his career when he was sent down.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 09:00 PM
  #97
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Mar 10, 2003: Buffalo Sabres traded Chris Gratton and a 4th round selection in 2004 to the Phoenix Coyotes for Daniel Briere and a 3rd round selection in 2004.

Briere did clear waivers earlier in his career when he was sent down.
And to think that trade seemed balanced at the time.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 09:04 PM
  #98
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
I like Briere, but no way is he worth 5m per. Just as Gomez isn't worth 6m per.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 09:13 PM
  #99
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
I like Briere, but no way is he worth 5m per. Just as Gomez isn't worth 6m per.
They are now.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2006, 09:19 PM
  #100
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,070
vCash: 50
You give Cammalleri for Briere, if you can or do it at all. This team can't be too small.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.