HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

HNIC bites.

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Istvan

vCash: 500
HNIC bites.

Habs played a good game. The Cube was awful on the first Leaf goal and victimized by the winner. I HATE THE LEAFS!!!!!!!! HNIC is so deeply biased towards the leafs it's laughable. I HATE THE LEAFS. Nontheless the Habs are on the verge of becoming a pretty good team

PS I HATE THE LEAFS. :mad: :mad:

Old
12-20-2003, 04:50 PM
KnuklZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan
Habs played a good game. The Cube was awful on the first Leaf goal and victimized by the winner. I HATE THE LEAFS!!!!!!!! HNIC is so deeply biased towards the leafs it's laughable. I HATE THE LEAFS. Nontheless the Habs are on the verge of becoming a pretty good team

PS I HATE THE LEAFS. :mad: :mad:
I know what you mean...the only reason why TO is "Canada's" team is because of TSN and HNIC are so biased towards them! They are so biased it makes me mad, I bet though that because of this bias more and more non-Leafs fans hate TO for it

Old
12-20-2003, 05:23 PM
NWT Habs Fan

What was really funny was seeing Cherry at the end of the game drooling when Pat Quinn showed up and took his spot beside Ron MacLean. Pat Quinn fan club clearly has at least one member.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:17 PM
chicpea*

maybe, maybe not

Oh, I dunno about bias. Maybe you guys didn't hear Bob Cole mutter under his breath "you've...got...to be kiddin me" on that sh**ty call when bulis ran into klee?
The Laffs may get more games on the telly, and yeh, mssr. D. Cerise is "slightly" tilted to the Laffs, but HNIC as a whole goes out of their way [!] to be impartial. And I'm a Habs fan.
Anyway, the Habs tonight should have won. And the reffing was abysmal both ways.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Stephen

Yeah, it was a real shame when Bob Cole and Harry Neale's terrible commentary blew Montreal's 2-1 lead in the third period. Get a grip, it's not like the French telecast is ever impartial when they call Habs games.

Old
12-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Yeah, it was a real shame when Bob Cole and Harry Neale's terrible commentary blew Montreal's 2-1 lead in the third period. Get a grip, it's not like the French telecast is ever impartial when they call Habs games.
Ya, but the french telecast is basically the Habs station. Like, when Harry Neale does the Leafs weekly games, he's allowed to be biased. He'd doing it for the Leaf fans. When's it's a national telecast, try to have some restraint.

Old
12-20-2003, 07:14 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Ya, but the french telecast is basically the Habs station. Like, when Harry Neale does the Leafs weekly games, he's allowed to be biased. He'd doing it for the Leaf fans. When's it's a national telecast, try to have some restraint.
I'm a habs fan and i love those guys, they make the game so much more exciting. Even if they are a little bit biais towards the leafs i still like them better than those RDS goofs.

Old
12-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Stephen

Quote:
That's ridiculous.

The commentary is always more exciting when the announcer is emotionally involved in the game. Often that includes being partial to one team. There's no reason why you have to be different as an entertainer because of your audience. That's called dishonesty.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
It's basically the habs station because the commentators make it so, but the french CBC is just as much a national telecast as its english counterpart.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I didn't say the commentary affected the score so save the sarcasm. I said it was biased towards the leafs. And the point I really wanted to make is that I HATE THE LEAFS. And "get a grip"??

Old
12-20-2003, 09:04 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
It's basically the habs station because the commentators make it so, but the french CBC is just as much a national telecast as its english counterpart.
The difference is they used to have a Montreal broadcasting team (Gallivan, Irvin, etc.) and a Toronto team (Hewitt, Bill Hewitt, Cole, etc.).

They don't put the Canadiens on as much anymore and since Gallivan/Irvin left they haven't replaced the Montreal broadcasting team.

This is the problem. They are abandoning the fanbase in Quebec as well as Canadiens fans across the country and I'm tired of it myself.

I watch the Habs games on NHL Center Ice and every game I watch, it's always the broadcasters from the other teams and they are mostly impartial or even favorable to the Habs sometimes.

But Cole and Neale are just ridiculous as is Cherry and his little sidekick McLean.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Capitano

Don't worry guys, one day (and this will come sooner rather than later), when the Leafs become a mediocre team again, you'll hear Harry Neale and Bob Cole switch alligiance to the next best Canadian team. Better yet, I'd rather see Neale and Cole retire so we don't have to hear their slanted calls anymore.

What a tough game to lose...oh well.

Cap

Closed Thread