Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

vCash: 500
I would say we have a better chance of re-signing Perry than Iginla.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I would say we have a better chance of re-signing Perry than Iginla.
If in a shocking twist Teemu Selanne retires this summer... do you not think the Ducks could sign both Perry AND Iginla?

According to Capgeek, without Selanne, let alone without Koivu... the Ducks could easily sign Perry, Getzlaf and Igina to an average salary of 7.5 million and still be well below the cap. I don't see Iggy getting anymore than 5 million from the Ducks. It's a lot of money, but it's the right type of move for the Ducks. If they went on a run like the ducks did in 2006, maybe history would repeat itself, and Teemu and the ducks would win another cup, this time adding a veteran forward from Alberta, instead of the Dman.

Even with Selanne and Koivu, Ducks can remain under the cap for a year or two, and they are bound to retire within the next 2 seasons. I know you guys don't spend to the cap... but it doesn't seem that big of a stretch, especially not with two guys like Selanne and Koivu on the books. For a team under the cap as far as Anaheim, there's no reason to not target a guy like Iginla. He fills a big first line hole, and helps the team recover from the loss of Selanne. Really though, if Selanne stays on for one last season beyond this, one... a year with Selanne and Iginla on the powerplay would be incredible, and I'd probably end up watching as many Duck games as Flames games.

Iggy's been in the league for 17 years, still no cup. I don't think he expects to get traded to a team and win an insta-cup like Bourque. I think he's looking for a place to end his career over, not go on a single playoff run. But seriously, if you end up winning the cup and Iginla ends up retiring... will you really care giving up that first and a prospect?

Old
03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilottalk View Post
I don't see how a bottom six forward who is good at faceoffs helps the ducks. Unless Anaheim can trade for a top 2 d-man, I think targeting a top 3 forward, to play with Getzlaf and Perry, is the best chance for Ducks to make another cup run.
What does adding Jagr do? Bump our offense from 3rd to 2nd? Bump our PP from 1st to 0th? Jagr doesn't solve anything, he just makes us look prettier on paper.

By contrast we're 15th in goals against, 27th in PK, 26th in faceoffs, we struggle against teams with strong gap control and we're very vulnerable to heavy forechecking. We need pieces that address those issues: a defensively alert forward, a faceoff-winning center, some combination of those two, or a defenseman who's smarter than Sbisa and Lovejoy and a quicker thinker than Allen. Who ever we add needs to be able to get us the puck to start shifts or halt the bad shifts before they turn into gong shows. That's not Jagr. Jagr is Selanne with Pat Benatar hair.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:15 PM
JabbaJabba

If the Preds continue to lose, do you think that Colin Wilson could be had? His contract is very nice and he can play left wing and center. I would prefer him as 2nd line center. I don't know what the price would be, not too much I would think?

Old
03-05-2013, 12:29 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Young and one of Nashville's better forwards. I can't see them trading him

Old
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Young and one of Nashville's better forwards. I can't see them trading him
Agreed, he's a building block for them who has finally started to realize his potential. Won't see him moved any time soon, even if Nashville does a mini rebuild.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:03 PM
JabbaJabba

Bummer, I think getting a second line center is the main thing right now. Bonino isn't up for it, Holland isn't ready and Koivu is so much better in the 3rd line. Ryan isn't the solution IMO. There just aren't really any 2nd liners available.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
What does adding Jagr do? Bump our offense from 3rd to 2nd? Bump our PP from 1st to 0th? Jagr doesn't solve anything, he just makes us look prettier on paper.

By contrast we're 15th in goals against, 27th in PK, 26th in faceoffs, we struggle against teams with strong gap control and we're very vulnerable to heavy forechecking. We need pieces that address those issues: a defensively alert forward, a faceoff-winning center, some combination of those two, or a defenseman who's smarter than Sbisa and Lovejoy and a quicker thinker than Allen. Who ever we add needs to be able to get us the puck to start shifts or halt the bad shifts before they turn into gong shows. That's not Jagr. Jagr is Selanne with Pat Benatar hair.
First off, I don't see Jagr going West Coast. It was a huge surprise to most people that he even signed with Dallas. Second off, Jagr would be a great addition for the first line, but he's not a guy we would give up quality players for. Too short term...

Old
03-05-2013, 02:07 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Bummer, I think getting a second line center is the main thing right now. Bonino isn't up for it, Holland isn't ready and Koivu is so much better in the 3rd line. Ryan isn't the solution IMO. There just aren't really any 2nd liners available.
Sounds like Statsny might be moved. I, personally, would love to see him in a Ducks uni, but only if Colorado would withhold some salary. No way I'd want him at 6mil while holding onto Getz/Perry (hopefully)

Old
03-05-2013, 03:13 PM
getzlaffan04

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Sounds like Statsny might be moved. I, personally, would love to see him in a Ducks uni, but only if Colorado would withhold some salary. No way I'd want him at 6mil while holding onto Getz/Perry (hopefully)
If we can't resign perry then I'd do perry for stastny. But since they're in the west it won't happen. I've always thought that Colorado was a good trading partner for us. But probably won't happen.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Boudreau must have preferred McMillan and I'm assuming Palmieri is good to go because Maroon got sent back to Norfolk.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Maroon looked good for the most part. He'll be back.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Exit Dose

That's a shame. I thought he looked good enough to stay.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
gradeAducksfan

I don't believe that Teemu is coming back to play next year...

He has finally lost a step in his game and it's really starting to show

Old
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
BB said he doesn't think KP can go tomorrow so Maroon to AHL is kind of strange

Old
03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Definitely don't agree with Mcmuffin over Maroon. We lose size and physicality and I don't think we really gain anything other than a little bit of speed.

I personally thought Maroon had played well enough to cement a 4th line role.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
BB said he doesn't think KP can go tomorrow so Maroon to AHL is kind of strange
Where did he say that? Last I read Boudreau was hopeful Palmieri would be ready to go by Wednesday.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:37 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
Anyone have a link on Maroon getting sent back, I haven't seen anything on it except here

Old
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 400
Nevermind it just posted

Dan Wood ‏@Duckscolorman
#NHLDucks have recalled C Peter Holland from Norfolk (AHL) and assigned LW Patrick Maroon to the Admirals.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTech View Post
Anyone have a link on Maroon getting sent back, I haven't seen anything on it except here
https://twitter.com/Duckscolorman/st...87766589878272

Holland has been recalled and Maroon has been sent down. Also as per the practice report on the main website - Allen has had flu like symptoms which could be why he was scratched.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:34 PM
bumperkisser

don't like maroon being sent down at all.. he was good while he was up here.. i don't want to sound like dirk but BB is sure making our team really soft... maybe that's why he's had no success in the PO's. I think Im' overreacting too early but right now I can't see this team being a playoff performer. Wilting under heavy forecheck and physical play.. that's what the playoff's are.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
don't like maroon being sent down at all.. he was good while he was up here.. i don't want to sound like dirk but BB is sure making our team really soft... maybe that's why he's had no success in the PO's. I think Im' overreacting too early but right now I can't see this team being a playoff performer. Wilting under heavy forecheck and physical play.. that's what the playoff's are.
Im with you... i liked him as a 4th line player. To be fair tho i didnt have many bad things to say about holland he 2nd time around... guess well see.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Dirk316

Not surprised slowly but surely this team will mimic the soft enforcerless Washington that got run out horribly each playoff year. I said this from the beginning

Old
03-05-2013, 09:06 PM
AngelDuck

I agree with Dirk on this one. Maroon was doing a great job of playing physical, but at the same time not being useless at hockey. He deserves to stay.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Maroon was sent down because the 2nd line is broken, the Ducks are carrying 7D who can't go through waivers, and carrying Staubitz who can't go through waivers. They have one roster spot to play with, and probably want to see if Holland has it figured out yet for the 2C. Unless they put Palmieri on IR this is the only way to do it - they probably want to give McMillan a chance to have at least a practice with the team before sending him back.

I agree that Maroon was playing like an ideal 4th liner though.

Closed Thread