HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Things that don't make sense in wrestling

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
  #101
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 50
Why is it that you can't bring a table or the stairs into the ring and use them, yet you can go outside the ring and throw your opponent into the stairs as many times as you like (within the 10 count) or put them through the announce table(s)...???

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:46 PM
  #102
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 50
Why do people insist on punching Hogan as he's "Hulking up"..??

Why do people "back off" when Hogan points a finger at them... and then insist on punching him to which he blocks it... KICK HIM IN THE GUT.

Hogan's leg drop > any other leg drop???

Why does it hurt someone to hit their head on the turnbuckle?

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:53 PM
  #103
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Why do champions have non-title matches? So many times I've tuned in part way to see -insert champion- taking on -random person-, only to see the champ lose and me think that we have a new title-holder..

If you're the champion, every match should be for your belt.. prove that your worthy of holding it.
Then you'd pretty much only see the champs wrestle on PPV or title matches would lose their significance being given away on free TV all the time.

Don't know why it manages to surprise you that these matches you are tuning in to part way aren't for the belt but if you havent already just assume that they aren't.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
  #104
Behn Wilson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Chicago, Il
Posts: 3,815
vCash: 500
Why do all Samoans have such hard heads?

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:08 PM
  #105
Scoreburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Tag matches where one guy on the face team is getting beaten to a pulp finally makes a tag to his fresh partner. Fresh partner beats up on heal in the ring. Heals partner Illegally enters the ring and face partner that was just beaten to a pulp instantly recovers and proceeds to clear the ring with his partner.

Scoreburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:21 PM
  #106
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Then you'd pretty much only see the champs wrestle on PPV or title matches would lose their significance being given away on free TV all the time.

Don't know why it manages to surprise you that these matches you are tuning in to part way aren't for the belt but if you havent already just assume that they aren't.
Title matches already have lost their significance considering they're given away to people when they return, instead of the numerous performers who've been winning mid-card matches for months... If you want to be the champion, you should have to defend your title at least every 2nd week to PROVE that you're worthy.. Don't just appear, make a promo, and wait until the next PPV.

As for the second part, when it's a match such as Miz vs Cesaro.. one we've seen numerous times FOR THE TITLE on and off of PPV's, why should I not assume it's for the title if it has been basically every other time??

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
  #107
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
Why do all Samoans have such hard heads?
It's from all the coconuts.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:39 PM
  #108
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Title matches already have lost their significance considering they're given away to people when they return, instead of the numerous performers who've been winning mid-card matches for months... If you want to be the champion, you should have to defend your title at least every 2nd week to PROVE that you're worthy.. Don't just appear, make a promo, and wait until the next PPV.

As for the second part, when it's a match such as Miz vs Cesaro.. one we've seen numerous times FOR THE TITLE on and off of PPV's, why should I not assume it's for the title if it has been basically every other time??
Oh OK, so since they've already "lost their significance", may as well just water it down more right? and Swagger had to win the Chamber to get his, it's not like he just showed back up and was booked for the title match, he had to "earn" that opportunity in the chamber with a bunch of other people. Defending the title every 2nd week just makes no sense, giving away free World title matches every second week lol, no. Nobody just appears, does a promo and waits until the next PPV except for The Rock who is obviously a special exception. Hell a large part of Punk's title reign was based around the fact that he did exactly the opposite of that.

because more often than not, if it's a match on TV, then it's not going to be a title match. So you're safer assuming than it isn't than for whatever reason taking the opposite route and being "surprised". That match hasn't been for the title "basically every other time" at all. You must be in a very small minority of wrestling fans that hasn't figured this out.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
  #109
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Oh OK, so since they've already "lost their significance", may as well just water it down more right? and Swagger had to win the Chamber to get his, it's not like he just showed back up and was booked. Defending the title every 2nd week just makes no sense, giving away free World title matches every second week lol, no. Nobody just appears, does a promo and waits until the next PPV except for The Rock who is obviously a special exception.

because more often than not, if it's a match on TV, then it's not going to be a title match. So you're safer assuming than it isn't than for whatever reason taking the opposite route and being "surprised". That match hasn't been for the title "basically every other time" at all. You must be in a very small minority of wrestling fans that hasn't figured this out.
I wasn't saying that the challenger comes back, does a promo and waits.. I'm saying the champ shows up on Raw, cuts a promo, and waits until a PPV to defend his title... If you're the champ, you should be able to answer an open challenge from someone in the locker room and beat the person whenever.. That's the point of being the best.

Sure, Swagger had to win the EC... but do you remember how he got in it? He returned and demanded to be in it.. And look at Mark Henry, he came back and attacked Mysterio/Bryan/Sin Cara.. 4 days later, he gets a match that puts him in the EC. Soooooooo deserving!!

May I also remind you of Cena at the '08 Rumble, Edge at the '08 Survivor Series, Edge at the '10 Rumble, Undertaker at Summerslam '09, Undertaker at '06 Rumble.. Each one of those times the person came back and was put in the title picture..

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:21 PM
  #110
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I wasn't saying that the challenger comes back, does a promo and waits.. I'm saying the champ shows up on Raw, cuts a promo, and waits until a PPV to defend his title... If you're the champ, you should be able to answer an open challenge from someone in the locker room and beat the person whenever.. That's the point of being the best.

Sure, Swagger had to win the EC... but do you remember how he got in it? He returned and demanded to be in it.. And look at Mark Henry, he came back and attacked Mysterio/Bryan/Sin Cara.. 4 days later, he gets a match that puts him in the EC. Soooooooo deserving!!

May I also remind you of Cena at the '08 Rumble, Edge at the '08 Survivor Series, Edge at the '10 Rumble, Undertaker at Summerslam '09, Undertaker at '06 Rumble.. Each one of those times the person came back and was put in the title picture..
and I wasn't saying that you said that is what the challenger does. What I was saying was that basically no champ does what you were saying, no champ just shows up on Raw cuts a promo and isn't seen until the PPV, the champs still work matches weekly, aside from The Rock who again is a special exception. Again, much of Punk's argument throughout his title reign was that he was the champ and turning out all the time, doing house shows and everything. Btw, they often do "title matches" at house shows, so if you really want to get caught up about it, the title is defended very often which kind of blows a hole in your argument anyway. In what combat sport does the champ just defend the title regularly "whenever wherever". Do the champions in boxing just take regular fights whenever answering an "open challenge", no of course not, do the champions in the UFC take regular fights answering an "open challenge" whenever? no, of course not. In fact, the champions in wrestling defend the title far, far, far, far more often than the champions in boxing or the UFC who may defend their titles once or twice a year.

The reality is they aren't going to diminish the value of title matches by giving them away on free TV every second week, you can complain about it until you're blue in the face, but it makes absolutely zero sense for the company to do that. They can give them away on house shows because only people in those towns end up seeing it and it rarely is given any mention on TV which is all the general audience cares about. But they happen often, so that should be enough to satisfy your concern.

So some of the biggest stars of all time come back and get put in the title picture, wow, crazy! even if wrestling was "real", the big stars would be instantly pushed back to the top of the card when returning from injury because, surprise, real or not, wrestling would be about making money and the promoters would be looking to cash in on those stars as soon as they returned. If you are Cena or the Undertaker or Edge, you don't go back to the bottom of the pile if you get injured, "real" or not.


Last edited by Morozov: 03-03-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
  #111
Disclose
Registered User
 
Disclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I wasn't saying that the challenger comes back, does a promo and waits.. I'm saying the champ shows up on Raw, cuts a promo, and waits until a PPV to defend his title... If you're the champ, you should be able to answer an open challenge from someone in the locker room and beat the person whenever.. That's the point of being the best.

Sure, Swagger had to win the EC... but do you remember how he got in it? He returned and demanded to be in it.. And look at Mark Henry, he came back and attacked Mysterio/Bryan/Sin Cara.. 4 days later, he gets a match that puts him in the EC. Soooooooo deserving!!

May I also remind you of Cena at the '08 Rumble, Edge at the '08 Survivor Series, Edge at the '10 Rumble, Undertaker at Summerslam '09, Undertaker at '06 Rumble.. Each one of those times the person came back and was put in the title picture..
you're right... Makes no sense for main-eventer to comeback to the title picture

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:36 PM
  #112
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
3/2/13 Smackdown house show results from Kalamazoo

Barrett defeats Dallas to retain the Intercontinental title

Hell No defeat Ziggler and Langston to retain the tag titles

ADR defeats Show in a last man standing match to retain the world title

so there you go, those champions all answered the call, no more required from then for two more weeks.

Except those titles will be defended on other house shows anyway. So you'll be happy about that

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 02:53 AM
  #113
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
If its on for your children and only your children (wouldnt be on in your house if it werent for them) why do you engage in conversations on forums about it?
You should read his hard hitting opinions about Toopy and Binoo!

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 04:20 AM
  #114
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
The wrestlers that stand around backstage watching a Television to see what is happening. They couldn't get a TV in a comfy locker room? they have to stand around in some random area that has nothing but a TV? they couldn't even supply seats in this random area?

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
  #115
Megahab
Registered User
 
Megahab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
One the dumbest segments in wrestling history:


Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 07:45 PM
  #116
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,915
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Things that don't make sense in wrestling...

... How is R-Truth not in the mental institution yet?

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
  #117
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
One the dumbest segments in wrestling history:

They should've just gone w/Bischoff being crazy since he was the only one who didn't see anything.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
  #118
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE
 
Dixon Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: District of Columbia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
mark henry impregnating mae young...she subsequently gave birth to a rubber hand.

Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
  #119
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
#4
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 41,627
vCash: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
mark henry impregnating mae young...she subsequently gave birth to a rubber hand.
A white rubber hand.

I think she cheated on sexual chocolate.

__________________


"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
  #120
Megahab
Registered User
 
Megahab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
What was the storyline explanation for Mae Young giving birth to a hand? I never understood it.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
  #121
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
You should read his hard hitting opinions about Toopy and Binoo!

The Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.