mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Fight : Jared McCann vs Roland Mckeown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cEOl38gHOE

Old
02-27-2013, 12:01 AM
NHL Fanatic

Nurse has really elevated his game this season. His draft stock has improved massively. I expect him to be selected in the top 12 range.

Old
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Fat Elvis

How has Schumacher looked so far this season and how high of a ceiling is his game?
Curious if he's good enough to earn a ELC from LA before the June deadline.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:24 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
How has Schumacher looked so far this season and how high of a ceiling is his game?
Curious if he's good enough to earn a ELC from LA before the June deadline.
He has played pretty good for the most part. He has the tools to be a 3rd liner in the NHL if he can be more consistent in his effort on a nightly basis. I think he is more likely destined for ahl or Europe though at least for now. I think he could be a potential overagers for the hounds next season though.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
He has played pretty good for the most part. He has the tools to be a 3rd liner in the NHL if he can be more consistent in his effort on a nightly basis. I think he is more likely destined for ahl or Europe though at least for now. I think he could be a potential overagers for the hounds next season though.
He is a potential O/A next yr though keep in mind because he is an O/A and Euro
import he would be a 2 spotter roster wise
With the Hounds losing Cousins,Sproul,Miller,Buonomo,Alderson,there might be a spot
It may depend on what happens to Broll and Fritsch,plus Gaudet a Keefe protoge
Hounds have some holes to fill

Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn View Post
Thanks, I was wondering about him. The kid is big and looks to have some skills, not sure if he uses his size or not (power forward). I would think he either signs an ELC and goes to the AHL or he's not signed and returns to Europe. Figured I ask folks who've seen him play and get their thoughts.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:02 AM
eye for hockey

Schumacker taking up 2 spots may be the only problem in keeping him as an overager. Plays big and has 17 goals and 23 assists so far this year. Fritch with 26 goals and 19 assists. Broll with 17 goals and 36 assists. I am sure Sheldon and company will figure out the right combination along with new players coming in. Soo has some solid players returning also.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:15 PM
IcemanTBI

I do think Schumaker will be back next year, regardless of him taking up two spots. We have a few graduates, so I do think there will be room for him somewhere next year. As far as him getting an ELC with the Kings, I don't know. He is for sure not NHL ready. He is big, but he tends to play soft and keep his hands clean. He is also inconsistent, some games he plays well and puts up a few points, others he tends to just float around. Still, I do believe he has potential, but with him being more on the soft side, I can see him play in Europe sometime down the line.

Old
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Shaker5585

Michael Schumacher is very soft for a player his size. Always seemed to get knocked down onto the ice by players smaller than him. Not the best skater however has very good hands and a decent shot. Do I personally think he will go onto the NHL level? No. Europe is probably best place for him to continue his hockey career.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:36 PM
johnnydrum

Will be interesting to see how Tolchinskiy develops in year 2.
Dynamite little player....were the Soo fans delighted with what they saw in year one?
Saw an interview with him, after the U-18s and what a job he has done with learning the language.

I wonder if the Soo will bring in anyone in the Import Draft to play alongside him?

Old
05-21-2013, 01:10 PM
IcemanTBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Will be interesting to see how Tolchinskiy develops in year 2.
Dynamite little player....were the Soo fans delighted with what they saw in year one?
Saw an interview with him, after the U-18s and what a job he has done with learning the language.

I wonder if the Soo will bring in anyone in the Import Draft to play alongside him?
Tolchinsky has been a treat to watch. Tons of speed and skill. He needs to finish his plays. The only knock against him is that he is small, and tends to shy away from the mucking and grinding. I expect him to improve next year, may even make the Russian WJC squad.

Closed Thread