2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
krazy kanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Not if they physically move before the draft occurs, like with Petawabano. Play the year in Midget (or minor midget here) to establish that.

I think the OHL listed him for a reason, knowing the guys in the league, they have done their homework. Regardless, us posting on here will not change a thing.
Tigers! Haven't seen you in a while and great to have you posting.... Slightly off topic but what do you think of this bantam kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxJw9eI1vo

Watched him in St. Albert this year...mad skills...

Old
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
skating101

Central Ontario Wolves 7, York Simcoe Express 4. Central Ontario advances to the OMHA Championship

Old
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Correct. The U17 US NTDP team plays in the USHL, as well as against NCAA teams in exhibition games. The only time he would play against his age group would be international tournaments.
Isn't it only the U-18's that play against D1 teams?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Thankfully one of the family members forwarded this picture of Henley and Mark Messier.
Didn't M Squared coach the Rangers Peewee all star team that beat Day and the Little Caesars in the Grand Championship in Quebec?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
This is off topic but watching JRC in the playoffs and seeing underage Cole Candella, my eyes popped out of my head. He is going to be a stud in next years draft. His skating ability is incredible.
The Candle is definitely one to keep an eye on. He should continue to burn brightly in his draft year. I hope he's made available for the OHL Cup. I reckon he and Mascherin could really provide a nice boost to the Jr Canadiens.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Isn't it only the U-18's that play against D1 teams?
Yes, but they often have the U17 players in the lineup from time to time. Eichel has played upwards of 4-5 games. Werenski would see the same amount of work.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
The Candle is definitely one to keep an eye on. He should continue to burn brightly in his draft year. I hope he's made available for the OHL Cup. I reckon he and Mascherin could really provide a nice boost to the Jr Canadiens.
The candle... lol . Adam "massacre" Mascherin? is that right? or do u have another one? Your the nickname champ !! Just trying to keep up !

Victor Mete is excellent as well, I hope the JRC group stay together. Marlboros are going to be strong next year.

I bet the candle will be at the OHL cup. I think Brancatella is injured and Zach Wilkie was suspended for 3 games in game 2 of the finals. If that carries over to the OHL cup, then he will miss game 1 at the OHL cup. Not sure if it carries over.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:17 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Good size, and avg feet for his size. I just feel that the kid seems to panic alot of times and needs to calm down a bit.

Mete is the star dman on that Bantam JRC team, and that kid may be the next best skater in both the 97 and 98 years. Just behind Day. I hope he grows, but his skating is second to none.

Mascherin is a hilight reel, but I believe that Barron will have the most upside on that team.

Macleod on the Marlies, if he were to go in this year's draft may go top 3? He is a phenom.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:31 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Didn't M Squared coach the Rangers Peewee all star team that beat Day and the Little Caesars in the Grand Championship in Quebec?
Yes, you are correct. That New York Rangers Team (2010-2011) had one of the best 98 born player's on it, Chad Krys. Who also played the year before with Henley. Mark and Doug Messier coach that team every year.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Tigers! Haven't seen you in a while and great to have you posting.... Slightly off topic but what do you think of this bantam kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxJw9eI1vo

Watched him in St. Albert this year...mad skills...
New hockey job. No time sadly.

Have yet to see him in person. Hope to head out to see him play in April if the boss lets me lol.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:41 AM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Good to See!

Haven't seen you in the tournaments this year, Ill try to hunt you down and say hi at some point over the 5 days. Wouldnt mind picking your brain on some players.
Yes, I was at the London Green/Gold and at the Toronto Marlboros Holiday Classic, more regular season in Alliance, but certainly less tournament appearances than last year.

I was able to focus a little more attention on NHL Draft this year with the addition of a couple OHL scouts who are living close to/in the GTA area.

Really looking forward to this event and hoping our paths cross at some point!

Old
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
There is another 96 born goalie in the O and it looks like he will be starter in the
playoffs for Plymouth- Alex Nedeljkovic who was drafted in the 6th rd last player in that
rd,currently in 24 games he has a 2.11 goals against average,drafted out of Michigan
I bet 19 other teams are kicking themselves especially London,maybe Windsor too
Pretty sure the kid was drafted from the Cleveland Barons, Ohio......

Old
03-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Pretty sure the kid was drafted from the Cleveland Barons, Ohio......
Sorry my bad, just checked to confirm. He was drafted from Belle Tire in Michigan, but is an Ohio.

Old
03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Its not that clear cut. Spencer Watson was drafted 24th overall. If the draft was re-held today he would be taken in the top 10. Petti, Addison, Perlini, Hiddink etc, would not be taken so high. I personally think Erie is crazy to not go after a highly rated Defenseman.
I never saw Perlini play but I couldn't believe the other 3 went in the 1st rd. Petti never showed anything but speed, Addison is a one dimensional player and was on the receiving end of some real studs, Hiddink hasn't grown since peewee. They obviously all have some ability but to me they weren't 1st rounders.

Last edited by Luvtowatch: 03-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old
03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
There is another 96 born goalie in the O and it looks like he will be starter in the
playoffs for Plymouth- Alex Nedeljkovic who was drafted in the 6th rd last player in that
rd,currently in 24 games he has a 2.11 goals against average,drafted out of Michigan
I bet 19 other teams are kicking themselves especially London,maybe Windsor too
I watched this kid carry his Cleveland Barons team on his back to win the Silver Stick a few years ago against the 96 VK. He was unbelievable. At that point I had never seen such an exhibition of goaltending from a young guy.

Old
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
mike bowman

you gentlemen might want to check out Brenden Locke who is a 15 year old playing for the Kapuskasing Flyers of the GNML . They are facing the Sault Saint Marie North Stars in the league final starting this weekend . He may be the best player on his team and should be a surprise to many come draft time . Will be at the OHL cup with team NOHA as well .

Old
03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

So will the 67s pick Day or Konecny? Percentages? Odds?

Old
03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
So will the 67s pick Day or Konecny? Percentages? Odds?
I personally think the Konecny to Ottawa rumours are still considered Plan B for the 67's. In January when the 67's shipped out Ceci and got back Middleton, I saw this as them planning for a Day/Middleton top pairing going forward for this rebuilding team. At that point in January, everyone knew that Day was applying. If Day is granted ES, in the next 1-2 weeks and they pass on him, Ill be beyond shocked and surely there is a story behind that. If Mcdavid didnt apply for ES and was in this draft after tearing up minor midget again, I could understand those rumours a little more. If u look at upside and the skills both Konecny and Day have, I think Day has much more. In my view, Sean Day has NHL skating right now and would beat guys like Subban, Ryan Murphy and Morgan Reilly in a race at the age of 14. (Now he is 15). With improved decision making, this Day kid could accomplish almost anything he wanted.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Hfbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I never saw Perlini play but I couldn't believe the other 3 went in the 1st rd. Petti never showed anything but speed, Addison is a one dimensional player and was on the receiving end of some real studs, Hiddink hasn't grown since peewee. They obviously all have some ability but to me they weren't 1st rounders.

They all deserved what they got. They could have even gone higher. Go back to watching.

There are team dynamics that these kids top to bottom will have to workout. When it's done I will write the book for you. Till then keep watching and try and learn beyond the stats pages.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfbid View Post

They all deserved what they got. They could have even gone higher. Go back to watching.

There are team dynamics that these kids top to bottom will have to workout. When it's done I will write the book for you. Till then keep watching and try and learn beyond the stats pages.
Honestly whats the point of this post? What I took from that is ego and anger. Why not just make your points to suggest otherwise instead of taking shots.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 03-06-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old
03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
mapleleaf979

The bantam GTHL finals start tonight. JRC vs Marlboros. Should be fantastic hockey. I think both these teams could give a few minor midget teams a run for there money.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
defensehockey19

So how many spots are yet to be determined for the OHL cup? And when do we find out?

Old
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Hfbid

Quote:
Honestly whats the point of this post? What I took from that is ego and anger. Why not just make your points to suggest otherwise instead of taking shots.
Buddy, if you can't figure it out don't post.

Takes ego to post negative thoughts. Should not be surprise if you get a difference in opinion in a response.

Sorry I guess I should just ignore ignorance.

Old
03-06-2013, 04:15 PM
GoalieGuy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
So how many spots are yet to be determined for the OHL cup? And when do we find out?
GTHL:
Marlies
Jr. C's

ODMHA:
Ott Sens
EO Wild

Alliance:
Elgin
Waterloo

NOHA All Stars
Thunder Bay

Elite Hockey
TPH Thunder

OMHA has yet to be decided... Leaving ten spots up for grabs still (Two Guaranteed from OMHA champs and finalists)
Predicted Teams to fill final ten: Oakville, Barrie, YSE, Whitby, Southern Tier Admirals, LJK Gold, Mississauga Rebels, Toronto Red Wings, Don Mills Flyers, and either Central Ontario, HP/Kitchener, or Halton

Old
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
RyanHPscout
HFBoards Sponsor

It will actually be 3 OMHA teams with guarenteed spots. There is also expected to be a third USA team, which if I'm not mistaken will be a Detroit area team.

The Wildcard spots will be very interesting this year. It sounds like if there was ever a year to have one or two less GTHL teams it would be this year. Teams like York-Simcoe, Brampton, Halton needing a Wildcard spot to get in.

Alliance should be interesting.

London Jr. Knights Gold, Kitchener Jr. Rangers, Huron-Perth Lakers and Sun County Panthers would all have good teams for this event.

While London has the best prospects as a whole out of any of those teams, Kitchener and Huron-Perth would both have reasons to be upset about that as they both advanced further. Particularly Kitchener who beat out London in the playoffs.

But if you select Kitchener you have Huron-Perth who went just as far as Kitchener, and won the East Division over Kitchener.

Then, if you take Huron-Perth, while they did finish higher in the standings, Kitchener and London have more to look at in terms of the OHL draft, which is ultimately the purpose for the OHL Cup.

I mention Sun County cause they have plenty of good prospects, but can't see them getting in behind too many good teams.

I can't see them using 3 of the 5 wildcard spots on Alliance teams, so the selection committee is in a no win situation where they're going to upset atleast one if not two Alliance teams.

10/20 teams have been officially entered into the OHL Cup
Toronto Marlboros
Toronto Jr. Canadiens
Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs
Waterloo Wolves
Ottawa Jr. Senators
Eastern Ontario Wild
NOHA All-Stars
Thunder Bay Kings
TPH Thunder (Atlanta Area)
Elite Hockey (New Jersey Area)

Last 10 teams will be announced on Sunday.

Closed Thread