HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
what we need is rene bourque back
this.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:45 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Trading your captain away going into the playoffs....I don't think it happens.
LA tried to get something done for Brown by last trade deadline.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:46 PM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Troy Brouwer? Seems like a player Bergevin would like.
I mention this yesterday, Brouwer could be available for a prospect and pick. Something like Louis Leblanc and 3rd.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Habs13

I hope we do go out and get some size and grit, but not this Moen/Armstrong garbage. A team of Prust's would be great!

Old
03-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Please don't trade away this year's picks.
I agree, we need to keep those pick. We aint going anywhere in the playoffs.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:51 PM
JohnLennon

Don't want to trade picks for a grinder...

Old
03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I hope we do go out and get some size and grit, but not this Moen/Armstrong garbage. A team of Prust's would be great!
Apparently Boyle is not getting the job done this season. Moen for Boyle would be great and Boyle and Prust are great friends.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:55 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
And they didn't then won the cup.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Andy

Bergevin should be looking more at D than forwards

Old
03-05-2013, 08:58 PM
blueberry

It's probably time for Moen to go. He's looking pretty lifeless out there. We need guys with a bit of life in them. Prust was agood pickup. I'd be afraid that Clowe has seen better days as well and would just be another Moen.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:01 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
They were fighting for a playoff spot and underachieving.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:03 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Need a big physical forward who throws checks, sits in front of the net and drives the net like an animal?

Tough luck because we traded him for a soft perimeter player.
And that soft perimeter player has close to as many points in Montreal as Cole had the entire season. Keep crying.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
And that soft perimeter player has close to as many points in Montreal as Cole had the entire season. Keep crying.
Hah! Well said. Not only that. Be hasn't been near soft. Some of the assist he was involved in was due to him battling the boards. I loved Cole, but others will not get over trading him, no matter how good Ryder will play. Oh well.

I'd be okay with trading picks. But it all depends on what we get in return. If it's some rental, no thanks. If it's some top notch player, now we're talking and depends how much is going back.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:14 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Troy Brouwer? Seems like a player Bergevin would like.
Do not want. whiny pos and seems like a horrible teammate

Old
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Apparently Boyle is not getting the job done this season. Moen for Boyle would be great and Boyle and Prust are great friends.
Boyle is a beast!! Would love him as a Hab, but he is a center, no?

Old
03-05-2013, 09:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Points points points! Stats stats stats! Talk to me again when your lack of hockey knowledge isn't so pathetic.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Noob616

Quote:
Points points points! Stats stats stats! Talk to me again when your lack of hockey knowledge isn't so pathetic.
Condescending much? I know Cole is a physical guy and we need guys to drive the net, but the trade makes sense from both a hockey and cap standpoint. Cole was traded because Ryder fills a team need (people weren't upset with Cammalleri being a "soft" perimeter player in the 2010 playoffs), and because the last 2 years of Cole's contract were going to be bad. Yes, Cole is a better player than Ryder, which is exactly why we got a 3rd rounder as well. We have a ton of cap room this summer, and we'll see what Bergevin decides to do with it. The difference in ability between Ryder and Cole really isn't all that big, and with Bourque hopefully returning soon, as well as Pacioretty, Gionta, and Gallagher in the top 9, we're plenty tenacious around the net. We were seriously lacking a sniper for the PP, and we have one now in Ryder.

As for trade talks, I don't think we'll see Gionta going anywhere until the summer. It just looks bad and I don't think we'll be shipping our Captain out before a playoff push. Getting Bourque back will be important, and I wouldn't be shocked to see some picks moved for a bigger player (remember, AK got us a 2nd, a player of his calibre who is more physical could be had for a similar price).

Old
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
Condescending much? I know Cole is a physical guy and we need guys to drive the net, but the trade makes sense from both a hockey and cap standpoint. Cole was traded because Ryder fills a team need (people weren't upset with Cammalleri being a "soft" perimeter player in the 2010 playoffs), and because the last 2 years of Cole's contract were going to be bad. Yes, Cole is a better player than Ryder, which is exactly why we got a 3rd rounder as well. We have a ton of cap room this summer, and we'll see what Bergevin decides to do with it. The difference in ability between Ryder and Cole really isn't all that big, and with Bourque hopefully returning soon, as well as Pacioretty, Gionta, and Gallagher in the top 9, we're plenty tenacious around the net. We were seriously lacking a sniper for the PP, and we have one now in Ryder.

As for trade talks, I don't think we'll see Gionta going anywhere until the summer. It just looks bad and I don't think we'll be shipping our Captain out before a playoff push. Getting Bourque back will be important, and I wouldn't be shocked to see some picks moved for a bigger player (remember, AK got us a 2nd, a player of his calibre who is more physical could be had for a similar price).
The trade was unnecessary and poorly timed. You know the next 2 years of Coles contract is going to be bad do you? Hand me your crystal ball, I bet you were one of the many saying it was a terrible signing in the first place and then he scored 35goals and you vanished right?

hockeyfan is still ******** cammy got a swift kick in the ass and hasn't let it go. He has a soft spot for that useless floater.

Cole is the better player and now wasn't the time to move him and disrupt the team while he is turning his game around. We needed all the physical players we can get and ryder brings none of that.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Lets get Clutterbuck!

Old
03-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
what we need is rene bourque back
This. Our need to get a big LW is already covered, it's just injured..

Old
03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Sounds like the habs can use a guy like Cole.
I would say we need an upgrade on Moen.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
The trade was unnecessary and poorly timed. You know the next 2 years of Coles contract is going to be bad do you? Hand me your crystal ball, I bet you were one of the many saying it was a terrible signing in the first place and then he scored 35goals and you vanished right?

hockeyfan is still ******** cammy got a swift kick in the ass and hasn't let it go. He has a soft spot for that useless floater.

Cole is the better player and now wasn't the time to move him and disrupt the team while he is turning his game around. We needed all the physical players we can get and ryder brings none of that.
Aging Cole + decreasing cap. You don't need a crystal ball for that.

The timing would have been bad if Cole was actually turning his game around but he really wasn't. 2 pts in 11 games, with 10 straight games without a single point. Meanwhile, Ryder was in a 6 games points streak (9 pts in those 6 games).

Agreed that Cole is a better, more complete player but the way he was playing this season, Ryder is ahead of him. I don't know if he's still in his annual bad start or he's not in shape or the motivation is not all there or simply he has lost a step but he was just not good enough.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:27 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
So it's not about stats when it's convenient, hmm? You question my hockey knowledge yet thought Cole was playing well? The stats don't even show just how poorly he played.

You hold no weight here, dude. You are nothing more than a resentful Gauthier fanboy. ZERO credibility.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs Bergevin won't mortgage future for rentals, likely going to be a player they can keep long term 2+ years

James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs want to get bigger up front, think of Prust, same idea, top 9 player. Possible trade bait those 2nds and 3rds stockpiled

Discuss
much bigger need to add a big physical defensive dman to bump Bouillion to the #7 spot imo.

in the top-9, adding a more physical top-9 guy is fine, as long as he's as/more skilled than whomever he replaces... which is next to impossible to do via trade.

Clarkson or Perry would be ideal candidates, but both better to target as UFA's then in trade. Clowe? haven't seen him enough this year, but the indications that he's as slow as molasses doesn't inspire confidence.

not sure whom else they would target?

Old
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
much bigger need to add a big physical defensive dman to bump Bouillion to the #7 spot imo.

in the top-9, adding a more physical top-9 guy is fine, as long as he's as/more skilled than whomever he replaces... which is next to impossible to do via trade.

Clarkson or Perry would be ideal candidates, but both better to target as UFA's then in trade. Clowe? haven't seen him enough this year, but the indications that he's as slow as molasses doesn't inspire confidence.

not sure whom else they would target?
Yes. Surprised there was no mention of this. Hope Bergy is looking. Having Diaz out and finally seeing how important he is to the back-end shows how thin the depth in D is.

Based on what Lebrun said, Troy Brouwer could be a target...he fits the bill. Strong top 9 forward with a decent two-way game, a little chippy as well. Add to that Washington's place in the standings.

Ryan Clowe seems to be slowing down as well. I think people want what Clowe used to be.

Maybe Thomas Kopecky? Good size. Can be pretty chippy. A cup winner. Not saying I want him, but he fits the profile the habs are after.

Closed Thread