HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings VIII: Less then a month until the deadline

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings VIII: Less then a month until the deadline

Continue

Previous thread

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...360845&page=40

Old
03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
TmlHockeyFan

I hope we trade MacArthur and Grabovski for first round picks before the deadline.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I hope we trade MacArthur and Grabovski for first round picks before the deadline.
Making the team worse for the playoff run is a good idea?

Old
03-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Making the team worse for the playoff run is a good idea?
I think we may be buyers this year and possibly trade a few players, that may bring a piece or two, that will get us deep in the play-offs.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I think we may be buyers this year and possibly trade a few players, that may bring a piece or two, that will get us deep in the play-offs.
I don't think we'll see much more than Nonis selling a couple more depth players off as we get players back from injury. I don't see Nonis giving away any significant picks or prospects for rentals. It just wounldn't make sense considering this seems like a transition year. Even if we make the playoffs, no one expects the Leafs to make any noise. Just try to win a round or two, and if we get bounced in the first round, no big deal. At least the kids got some playoff experience and Nonis can continue building as the team continues to grow.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Mac yes. Bozak yes.

Cannot imagine us trading grabo without a better upgrade, that would hurt too much.

Sign Getzlaf first, then trade Grabovski.

Getzlaf, Kadri, Colborne, McClement down the middle moving forward is very strong.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Mac yes. Bozak yes.

Cannot imagine us trading grabo without a better upgrade, that would hurt too much.

Sign Getzlaf first, then trade Grabovski.

Getzlaf, Kadri, Colborne, McClement down the middle moving forward is very strong.
It sounds as if a Getzlaf extension is getting closer.

There's still work to be done, but I wouldn't hold my breath that he reaches UFA let alone gets traded anywhere.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 470
Trade Kadri for Getzlaf + extension.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
I don't think we'll see much more than Nonis selling a couple more depth players off as we get players back from injury. I don't see Nonis giving away any significant picks or prospects for rentals. It just wounldn't make sense considering this seems like a transition year. Even if we make the playoffs, no one expects the Leafs to make any noise. Just try to win a round or two, and if we get bounced in the first round, no big deal. At least the kids got some playoff experience and Nonis can continue building as the team continues to grow.
I don't think there will be a lot of movement but when Lupul returns, we will have to get down another player, to reach that 23 player limit and possibly trade, a two for one, perhaps for another goal tender (which I don't want but Nonis would like)?

Old
03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
It sounds as if a Getzlaf extension is getting closer.

There's still work to be done, but I wouldn't hold my breath that he reaches UFA let alone gets traded anywhere.
Thats no good, dammit chuck .

I honestly thought that he and perry were close enough that Perry's decision to leave would influence him.

On a side note, I dont really understand why he would want to sign there if competitiveness is his goal. I understand why from the wifes side of things / comfort.

They are going to lose Koivu and Selanne soon, and I dont like their depth as reliable scorers past that (Winnik, Cogliano) and I dont like their aged defense in Souray and Allen or Lydman.

Seems like they kind of have some patchwork guys that are playing above their means ATM. Having said that, they have guys like Rakell, DSP, Lindholm as coming additions to the team.... But I am still unsure if they seem like a team that would be competitive LT.

Whereas, just for ***** and gigs, if he were to sign with us I comfortably could say we look like a very strong team for the next little while.

Unfortunate that you think he wont test FA.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Thats no good, dammit chuck .

I honestly thought that he and perry were close enough that Perry's decision to leave would influence him.

On a side note, I dont really understand why he would want to sign there if competitiveness is his goal. I understand why from the wifes side of things / comfort.

They are going to lose Koivu and Selanne soon, and I dont like their depth as reliable scorers past that (Winnik, Cogliano) and I dont like their aged defense in Souray and Allen or Lydman.

Seems like they kind of have some patchwork guys that are playing above their means ATM. Having said that, they have guys like Rakell, DSP, Lindholm as coming additions to the team.... But I am still unsure if they seem like a team that would be competitive LT.

Whereas, just for ***** and gigs, if he were to sign with us I comfortably could say we look like a very strong team for the next little while.

Unfortunate that you think he wont test FA.
This is a big misconception among fans, I don't think winning is that important to players, at least anymore. IMO it's 1A - "comfort\family", 1B - "money", 3 - "Location", 4 - "winning".

Hossa signed to win in Detroit, that's the only recent definitive case of a player signing to win. Don't think Suter + Parise took discounts to play in Minnesota, and I don't think they did sign in Minnesota intending to win right away either.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
This is a big misconception among fans, I don't think winning is that important to players, at least anymore. IMO it's 1A - "comfort\family", 1B - "money", 3 - "Location", 4 - "winning".

Hossa signed to win in Detroit, that's the only recent definitive case of a player signing to win. Don't think Suter + Parise took discounts to play in Minnesota, and I don't think they did sign in Minnesota intending to win right away either.
Not right away no, but there was alot of talk after that they were talked in depth about minnesottas system and how they can surround those two with strong prospects.

ANA doesnt suck at all, but I dont think their system is on par with MINs. It gives those two a long term shot to win IMO.

I think winning is more important than you give credit. These guys are pro athletes.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
buntek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Trade Kadri for Getzlaf + extension.
Yes trade the only first round talent we've actually kept and developed in the last 15 years! In two years it will be Biggs and Rielly shipped out after we develop them a bit too.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Peace Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post

Based on the parameters you listed as the important factors, one would have to think that Perry could very well be a Leaf this summer.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntek View Post
Yes trade the only first round talent we've actually kept and developed in the last 15 years! In two years it will be Biggs and Rielly shipped out after we develop them a bit too.
No need. To argue with him
He doesn't like kadri

Old
03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Brody
$$

Shouldn't it be than*?

Old
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Trade Grabo and Kulemin + prospect for Corey Perry. I think they train in Anaheim in the off-season.
Solidifies Anaheim's 2nd line for when the ol finns saku and teemu retire.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Perry
Macarthur - Colborne - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Orr

- If Colborne's not ready for the call-up yet then McClement and Steckel as the 3C and 4C

Old
03-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs View Post
Trade Grabo and Kulemin + prospect for Corey Perry. I think they train in Anaheim in the off-season.
Solidifies Anaheim's 2nd line for when the ol finns saku and teemu retire.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Perry
Macarthur - Colborne - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Orr

- If Colborne's not ready for the call-up yet then McClement and Steckel as the 3C and 4C
Steckel is unlikely to be around after the deadline IMO. Have better players in the Marlies who could step in.

Could move Komarov or McClement to 3rd line centre in your scenario, and the other as 4th line centre. Komarov can play all 3 forward positions.

I know it's been mentioned before, but wonder if the Ducks would be willing to listen to a Perry for Kessel deal, contingent on both players signing contract extensions?

Old
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
showtime8

I think its time to look past the Getzlaf to Toronto idea. He's not going to come here in the offseason. Its going to be another Brad Richards pipe dream. The Maple Leafs will look for a trade. I don't think Nonis will want to go down the patchwork job that they tried with Tim Connolly.

As for the Leafs at the deadline this year, I think they will hold pretty still. There aren't many teams that will give up a #1 centre before April 3rd, so the Leafs are basically stuck with Bozak. The 4th line seems to have some replaceable parts with an ideal line IMO, Komarov - McClement - Orr (when healthy). So that leaves the 2nd and 3rd lines as the question marks in my mind. Kadri needs to be surrounded with guys that have skill and size and the exact reason why him and Frattin worked so well together. I also think that a healthy Lupul makes Kadri that much better. But if you are making a push to stay in the top 8, can you rely on 2 guys that have had injury problems their whole career (Lupul) and a guy that has had 2 surgeries in a year (Frattin). MacArthur has been streaky at best and might be a spark to get the Grabo - Kulemin line.

I think that if you can get Cal Clutterbuck at a reasonable price, he's the guy that helps bridge between the 3rd and 2nd line (if necessary). Or if at an even cheaper price, Jared Boll from Columbus could be a warrior for the team.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Did anyone catch TSN tradecentre just now.

They just mentioned that Nonis would like to add a high-end centre( which is obvious) and a top 3 defensemen.

And potential trade bait we may be willing to offer are Kessel, Kulemin, McArthur, Liles, Kostka, Komisarek, and Bozak.

Link ---> tsn.ca/nhl and the video is on the right side called "countdown to TC: the east report"

And oh they also mentioned if we do trade Kulemin, we most likely like to move him out west.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by buntek View Post
Well I look at this realistically:

Kadri is not going to be a premier 1st line center. He is not going to be: Datsyuk, Malkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Stamkos, Toews, Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Giroux, Tavares, Sedin, Spezza, Seguin, Eberle, RNH, Staal1, Staal2, Sharp, Thornton, Cotoure, Mikko Koivu, Backstrum (maybe), Skinner, Bergeron, Carter, Kane.

If he becomes a Briere, we will be ever so lucky, but I bet he will become a Ribiero tops - a talented Center that people shrug off, because they are inconsistent, and have that "something about them" stench that makes any team on the competing verge pass on him 9 times out of 10. SO he scored a few goals right now, nice flash and dash, forgive me for not buying into the hype. Let him play 3 years, get himself built up and actually learn how to play onthe 1st line and have him face the best defensemen on a nightly basis, and then I'll buy into the hype.

Right now all he does is making Grabovski's line the 3rd line grunts, when he gets paid to drive the offense and not grind out vs the opposition's big boys.

As of right now this is the way I see this roster: Our BEST players are in their prime: Phaneuf, Kessel, Grabovski, Lupul, JvR. We need the upgrade to be competing consistently for the next 4 years. Kadri would bring back the best value the way he plays now, it's a risk, but I say he will bring the most and not top up where all the people in pink-colored glasses think he will top out.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Well I look at this realistically:

Kadri is not going to be a premier 1st line center. He is not going to be: Datsyuk, Malkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Stamkos, Toews, Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Giroux, Tavares, Sedin, Spezza, Seguin, Eberle, RNH, Staal1, Staal2, Sharp, Thornton, Cotoure, Mikko Koivu, Backstrum (maybe), Skinner, Bergeron, Carter, Kane.

If he becomes a Briere, we will be ever so lucky, but I bet he will become a Ribiero tops - a talented Center that people shrug off, because they are inconsistent, and have that "something about them" stench that makes any team on the competing verge pass on him 9 times out of 10. SO he scored a few goals right now, nice flash and dash, forgive me for not buying into the hype. Let him play 3 years, get himself built up and actually learn how to play onthe 1st line and have him face the best defensemen on a nightly basis, and then I'll buy into the hype.

Right now all he does is making Grabovski's line the 3rd line grunts, when he gets paid to drive the offense and not grind out vs the opposition's big boys.

As of right now this is the way I see this roster: Our BEST players are in their prime: Phaneuf, Kessel, Grabovski, Lupul, JvR. We need the upgrade to be competing consistently for the next 4 years. Kadri would bring back the best value the way he plays now, it's a risk, but I say he will bring the most and not top up where all the people in pink-colored glasses think he will top out.
He's outscoring a lot of those guys right now as a 22 year old.

Why is everyone so easy to cut our guys short?

Old
03-05-2013, 08:53 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

I wish we could get Backstrom out of Washington. Perfect fit for us. Won't happen but a man can dream.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
He's outscoring a lot of those guys right now as a 22 year old.

Why is everyone so easy to cut our guys short?
Anthrax hates Kadri. Dont pay them any mind.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
I wish we could get Backstrom out of Washington. Perfect fit for us. Won't happen but a man can dream.
Price would likely be Kadri +

Closed Thread